Wells Fargo Interview Questions in Washington State

Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Marysville, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Marysville, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2011.

I first applied online and received an email with an 800 number to call. Over the phone I was given a brief interview and was told to wait for an email to see when the next group interview would be. A few days later, I got that email, called them back, and was given a date to head over to the branch. There were 8 people total in my group. We were asked to fill out a candidate profile which consisted of our names, why we wanted to work at Wells Fargo, our last 2 jobs, 5 transferable skills, which location we wanted to work in, our availability, and our expected salary. We then went around the room reading some of the things we'd written. We were asked a couple of questions regarding excellent customer service and our greatest achievement. Then the recruiter talked about the position for a little while, gave us the lowdown on the benefits, and asked if we had any questions. The second interview was with three managers from the branch I had applied to originally. The questions were a bit more intensive, but it was overall a very pleasant interviewing experience. I'm waiting on a call back!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to provide excellent customer service. What was the outcome? How did it impact your life and the customer's life?   View Answer
    • What is your greatest professional achievement? What challenges did you face and how did you overcome them? What did you learn about yourself?   View Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2011.

Quick basic phone interview, then invited to group interview, then two weeks later invited to specific branch for 1 on 1 interview.

Straight forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2011.

After you applied online, the recruiter will call you for a screening test which is really short and simple, then if you pass they will send you to a group interview close to the branch you applied ( about 8 groups-- 8-10 people per group). Wait for a week or so, they will make a decision and the hiring manager will give you a ring and set up for an one on one interview.

Interview Questions
    • provide an example of exceptional customer service in your previous job . And what's the outcome?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with grumpy/unhappy customer?   View Answer
    They told me flat out in the group interview that the range is $10/hr - $11/hr

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2011.

I applied for a Teller position at Wells Fargo
    I was called by a company representative and was given several general questions, after that I was scheduled for a group interview.
    I attended the group interview. There where 12 people, most of them over 30 years with extensive Teller experience. I was surprised to see them because it is a position where the salary is about 11$/h. I hadn't any teller experience so I was clearly in a disadvantaged position. There completed a small application form and then the moderator gave several questions and all off the people in the room answered the same question.
    Unfortunately I wasn't selected for the job

Interview Questions
    • Give an example where you showed your customer services more than requested?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in December 2010.

Looking for someone who is motivated and highly qualified but don't pay well in comparison to other banks. Interview process is very easy. No difficult questions. Typical sales job questions. They are looking for people who want a career, which they pay better than any other bank besides the teller salary.

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2010.

Easy interview. Its really just to screen out people who have no qualifications for the job.

Interview Questions
    • What are your 3 best and worst attributes. Come on. That is so played out. Be original.   Answer Question
    Gave hourly wage, I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2010.

Was pretty smooth until the Group Interview. I think I gave my best shot. One recruiter manning the whole show. We were 8 people. Varied backgrounds. She asked 3 questions and we took turns to answer those. 1. Why Wells Faro, why teller and how do you professionally see yourself doing this job
    2. Tell me about your 3 "carry-on" skills that will add value to the position of a Teller
    3. STAR Format question - Tell me about a time when you faced a challenge, over came it, what was your leanring and what was the outcome
    THe interview lasted for 2 hours. Started at 10:10 am and ended at 12:15 pm. Was exhausting but enjoyed the whole time I was in there. They decided to consider more suitable people for the role and have asked me try applying again 6 months later!

Interview Questions
    • Telle me about a challenge you faced, how did you tackle it, what were the leanrings and outcomes   View Answer
    • Top 3 "carry-on/passed" on skills for the position of the teller   View Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2010.

Pretty easy process, hiring manager called me, interviewed me over the phone, then I met the branch manager for an in person interview. I was offered the job two days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2010.

Referred by a friend, super easy. Met with the service manager and branch manager and was offered the position in less than a week

asked for more pay, they were able to offer $ .50 than intieally offered per hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2010.

Online application, phone interview, one on one meeting with branch manager.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you handled a difficult situation with a customer.   View Answer
    Hourly rate somewhat negotiable.