Wells Fargo

Relevance Date Difficulty

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
Sioux Falls, SD

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2011.

Interview Details – First was contacted by HR for a telephone interview. Mostly delved into past experience and reviewing skill set and expertise levels, salary expectation. Lasted about an hour. HR responded back within the next week to schedule the technical interview.
Technical Interview: It was a video-conferenced interview from their site in Sioux Falls. The manager works in east Coast, with developmentteam spread coast-to-coast! Site Manager moderated the interview. Extremely freindly interview (irrespective of whether I got selected or not, it was one experience I totally enjoyed). They wer emore focussed on knowing your expertise and basics than wanting to hear what they wanted to! In other words, honesty did pay off. Was given the offer in the next 3 days.

Interview Question – Starting from basic development questions such as basic concepts of Java to extensive questions on projects mentioned in resume   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate much as I was satisfied with the jump from my previous job. They provided a lot of freedom in choosing the work time and offered unlimited work-from-home option, which were of more importance to me than the pay-packet itself.

Very Difficult Interview

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer

I applied online and interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details – Wow, this was a very detailed technical phone interview. Started out asking about background, and then fired one technical question after another.

- In JQuery, how do you select an element on the page?
- In JQuery, how do you select all elements with a specific class?
- In JQuery, how do you manipulate a ASP.NET server control?
- In Visual Studio, how do you set a conditional breakpoint?
- What is Intellitrace?
- What is a lambda expression?
- What is a DataReader? How does it differ from DataSet?
- What does the "using" keyword do?
- Difference between interface and abstract class?
- What is an index?

Plus, a lot more questions, I don't remember all of them.

Interview Question – - What is an extension method?
- Can you index a view?
- How do you add a mouseover event in C# code-behind
- How do you set a non-moving background image?
- How can you improve SQL performance in Entity Framework?
- What is normalization? Which normalized form do most transaction systems use?
  Answer Question

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!