Wells Fargo Interview Questions in West Des Moines, IA

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.5

Fraudulent Crimes Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (West Des Moines, IA) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview----->Physical Interview. Process took a couple weeks. A staffing agency helped connect me to Wells Fargo. After I passed the phone interview, the staffing agency started looking for suitable roles. They would then call me and let me know of a potential position that I would fit in. The staffing agency likes to do background checks and tax forms before and final interview to get it all out of the way.

Loan Servicing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (West Des Moines, IA) in July 2015.

Interview

2 younger people interviewed me. They asked questions and each tried to write down my entire 5 minute answers. This was not very practical. They could have recorded it for later. They both seemed new to interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have coworker issues? How did you handle them?   1 Answer

Loan Servicing Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (West Des Moines, IA) in June 2013.

Interview

Got in person interview through a recruiting company. Easy to find where to go, and was met by friendly staff. Had a pleasant, light-hearted interview that focused on career aspirations and goals for the future, personally, and for a company to work with. Hiring process went fine. It was sped up because they really wanted to fill a hole. Once I got on the job I realized the hole was there because the job was a soul-sucking experience. Had to get out as soon as I was able.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation in which you felt that you were unable to handle a task, and what were the steps you took in reaction to that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was first job out of college, so I didn't think to negotiate.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (West Des Moines, IA) in November 2012.

Interview

Mass "cattle call" interviews. It allows them the opportunity to interview multiple people for the same position quickly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on salary, but they try hard to meet your personal needs as far as work schedule goes.

Technical Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (West Des Moines, IA) in August 2012.

Interview

It was a contract position so the initial interviews were coordinated via the staffing firm. Both interviews were done via phone and seemed to be about 20-30 minutes in length.

Interview Questions

• "Name a situation which challenged your integrity"   1 Answer

Research/Remediation Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (West Des Moines, IA) in April 2012.

Interview

Given details about job, ask what type of work environment I work best in, advised that everyone currently in the department had been there for 5-25 years. Asked about process changes that had been involved in as well as my ability to foresee problems.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (West Des Moines, IA) in November 2011.

Interview

One phone interview, one 3 on one, interview with manager and two up, one interview with manager and team lead.

Interview Questions

• What to you do to help cope with stressful situations?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Take it or leave it. No negotiations.

Loan Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (West Des Moines, IA) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview consisted of general questions. The phone interview revealed the salary and didn't accept. WF wanted to continue interview and sell the salary and raises. Canceled 1:1 interview due to salary.

Interview Questions

• greatest accomplishments?   1 Answer
    • deal with difficult customers   1 Answer

salary

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (West Des Moines, IA) in September 2011.

Interview

I was an internal canidate for this position so I had communicated with the hiring manager and recruiter through company emails which wouldnt be typical for an outside candidate. I did have a phone interview with the recruiter and then had a 1 on 1 interview setup. The interview went great and about 2 weeks later was offered the job. For some reason at Wells Fargo it seems like it takes them a long time to make a decision or maybe just communicate their decision so if you are waiting to hear back and are afraid they forgot about you, dont worry, it just takes them time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you turned a negative customer experience into a postive.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where because of you the customer had a positive experience.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you went agaisnt the popular decision to do the right thing.   Answer Question

I applied for a demotion at Wells Fargo because I was going back to school and thought that I would like to try and keep a job while I go back to school. This was tough because I would be going from a salary of $48,000 to bringing in less than $10,000 for the year. I interviewed but through the process found out the position did not have flexible hours and required me to work every weekend which was not going to work for me. The hiring manager was great and I would have loved to work for her but it just wasnt going to work out.

Client Service Consultant II - WFRETS Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (West Des Moines, IA) in August 2011.

Interview

I started with a phone interview. The HR recruiter was nice, but she had very poor grammar which made her seem unprofessional. She asked 12 questions, all of which were pretty standard. The 1:1 was better, but very similar questions as the phone interview. The job requires 50% travel time, which was too much for me. Once that subject came up, I was relatively honest about having concerns with balancing the travel and my family. I knew at that point I wasn't going to be getting an offer, but I was OK with that as the job was not for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult time working with someone.   1 Answer