Wendy's

Average Difficulty
84 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boise, ID

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wendy's in June 2014.

Interview Details – All the questions were really basic. Most of them on the first interview were very vague. Like "how did you handle criticism at school/work, and how did you react?". The second interview with the General Manger took about a week since he had to cancel due to lack of employes and he was needed in the back. But the first question on the second interview was funny. It was "What does your name mean and why did you get it?". The rest of the questions were directed on "what would you due in this situation, like if an employe was caught stealing, and what would you do if the general manager was caught in the act of fraud?". My advice would be to just make your interview fun for both of you. Make your interview a memorable one for them and you are more then likely going to get the job. And dress professional (slacks, skirt, dress shirt). You get major browny points for that

Interview Question – On the first interview about work related questions in situations, i was almost not able to answer them because i worked with one person at a previous job, and there was almost no conflicts.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negations for the pay

Crew Member

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Wendy's in February 2010.

Interview Details – Mainly, they liked those who had open availability. They asked about how much weight you can lift, can you stand for longer periods of time, etc. If you were in high school, they wanted to know if you were involved in school and grades.

Interview Question – If there is one, I cannot remember. When I transferred to another district, they asked me how much experience and when I said 5, they said you're hired. Then, when I moved back, my first GM just said come in to fill the paperwork to make it legit.   Answer Question

Crew Member

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wendy's in November 2012.

Interview Details – Layed back and relaxed. the managers that did the interview were excited and outgoing. Really enjoyed the interview. told drug test but there was no drug test or anything else past 2 interviews.

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bushnell, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wendy's.

Interview Details – The hiring process took longer than I required. In total I would say it was about a week and a half from when I applied to actually do anything on the job, and by "on the job," I mean training on the computer in the back. The interview was way easier than I thought it would be (though this was my first job ever). The questions were all read off cards that Wendy's provides their general managers. A lot of "Have you ever been in a situation where" questions. Just be prepared to explain a time that you had to accomplish a task quickly, times you had to deal with stressful situations, times you had to multitask, et cetera.

Interview Question – "How do you handle situations where you are time restricted and must accomplish a task?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – "Are you interested in employment?"

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Wendy's in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online got an email two days later asking me to schedule an interview. The interview was about 40 minutes. I was asked simple questions. the manager then scheduled me a second interview with another manger. the second interview was fast he offered me the job and told they would call me and tell when to come in to fill out paper work.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Sunbury, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wendy's in June 2010.

Interview Details – When interviewed, they told me the starting wage but made no mention of that number changing in the future. Probably because it's damn near impossible to get a raise when you have apathetic management.

I then stared at old training videos which sometimes were irrelevant because the standards or processes changed.

Interview Question – There were no real difficult or unexpected questions. It was extremely straightforward.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Being young, I was basically told what I would be doing / making. Working in fast food means there is no negotiation since you are replaceable 9.9/10 times.

Margate, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Wendy's in April 2014.

Interview Details – I found the vacancy post in Craiglist. I completed the application and assessment online. After that, I also found out that I could send an email directly to the person who posted the vacancy in Craiglist so I emailed him, enclosing my resume there too. I got an email back in the next day telling the location, time and date for the interview. I went there 30 minutes earlier. The interview went faster than I thought, like in 5 minutes. He just asked question like Tell me about yourself? I answered and we just discussed more about it. Then he gave me a card and told me to go online to complete the assessment thing. When I finished it, the test result would go directly to him. I told him I already did it. And while I was waiting for the bus to go home after the interview, he called me telling that he got my result, it was good and I was hired. That was it.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, minimum wage which is $7.93/hour

York, SC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Wendy's in April 2014.

Interview Details – I went to a job fair. The manager of the local Wendy's was there. I was given a flyer to an on the spot interview as was everyone else. Several people were hired. Neat and organized. Basic questions during interview. For example, name a time you showed courage. name a time you showed leadership abilities, etc. Rather simple and basic. Be prepared with basic questions similar to the previously stated.

Interview Question – No particular difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Edinboro, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Wendy's in February 2010.

Interview Details – One interview, it went pretty easily. If you seem like a nice person and you come off as wanting to work, you're hired.

Interview Question – There weren't many questions, they just ask about you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Crew Member

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Wendy's in August 2010.

Interview Details – First communication coming upon entry to restaurant and requesting application.
Upon completion of application at restaurant, was spoken to on spot.
An in person interview was conducting same day as application. Rather informal interview, especially considering entry level position.

Interview Question – Rather typical interview procedure. Simply inquiring about past experiences, mainly about schooling, since this was a first job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiation, considering this is a simple first job with minimum wage pay.

Worked for Wendy's? Contribute to the Community!