Wendy's Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

1.8

Fast Food Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Okeechobee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wendy's (Okeechobee, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process in Okeechobee is really bad. The manger is rude he stop in the middle of the interview to pay personal bills, had me waiting until he finish and the interview lasted for 4 hours. The worst interview from a manger i ever had!!!

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Wendy's in April 2011.

Interview

the manager that hired me was kinda rude but i needed the job so i delt with it.. he is now the district manager for the store i was employed at

Interview Questions

• why you want to work for this company   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago Heights, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wendy's (Chicago Heights, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

I walked in and asked if they were hiring. An employee pointed me to a sign that how all the information I needed. I applied as soon as I got home. I heard from them a couple of weeks later. I had a one on one interview. I was asked questions that I felt had nothing to do with the job I was applying for. I know they were to get me talking, but I would have rather had less personal questions.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wendy's.

Interview

3 one on one interviews over a 2 week period. Fairly informal, many questions to probe life away from work which I actually appreciated. Interviewed by District and Regional manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Requested starting salary accepted by employer

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suffern, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Wendy's (Suffern, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Was absolutely nightmarish! I arrived early. Some manager told the girl to tell me to wait. Approx. 30 minutes later some creepy looking man came out, looked me over. and pretended to write something down. Then another 30 min. later he came out and said. "This is not good. I have other people coming"? WTF?

Interview Questions

• How do I plan my days off? And what would my friends say about me?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Wendy's (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

I was asked a series of questions based upon a specific situation, behavior, and outcome in regards to customer service, taking initiative, interaction with others, making hard decisions based upon knowledge of situation.

Interview Questions

• What was a hard decision for you to make?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wendy's (Erie, PA) in January 2008.

Interview

2 separate interviews and was very consistant

Interview Questions

• about personal life issues   1 Answer

Negotiation

it was you take it or leave it

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wendy's (Columbus, OH) in July 2008.

Interview

Wendy's loves to use situational questions to determine behaviors. Think of a time when you ___ (did something specific.) You'll need to give an answer, and follow up questions will determine what skills you utilized in order to solve the problem. They'll ask how the situation was resolved. It is a panel interview with, typically, the Director of Area Operations, the District Manager, and/or the Human Resource Representative.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to motivate the crew to meet a certain goal, even though there were obstacles? What skills did you use?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Things like location are easier to negotiate than, say, pay. Working close to where you live will save you time and take-home pay in the form of gas money, so try to take solace there. Save any negotiating for the offer or orientation stage.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wendy's in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online on Friday. Then on Tuesday I got a call and got asked if I would be willing to come in for an interview the following day at 10. I went and unknown to me they don't even open until 10. I waited ten minutes and went back. I told an employee I was here for an interview and he told me to wait, that he'll be here any minute now. An hour later (I was close to walking out) he came and of course blamed it on everyone but himself for being late. He was so unorganized, he even misplaced my application. Then after introducing myself he just stops and goes to get a pregnant employee to clean up a ketchup stain on the wall. I didn't even want to continue after that. He was very unprofessional and didn't even make eye contact with me. All he talked about was his family, including his wife's whole life story (literally) and how hard his boss is making him work. And he just seemed like he thought he was above everyone else, like we were all peasants. Needless to say I didn't get the job. Which is fine with me because I don't think I could stand working there anyway.

Interview Questions

• All the questions I got (maybe 5 or 6) were situation type questions that you were in. And of course he started off with tell me a little about yourself.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apex, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wendy's (Apex, NC) in January 2010.

Interview

3 separate interviews with BM, DM and HR