Wendy's

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

1.8

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wendy's.

I applied online on a Tuesday and called the next day and set up an interview. The day after I had the interview. By the weekend I was in training. I met with the then shift manager. He was very friendly. I told him it was my first job and he asked me when I was available. I got the job. It was really simple and easy. At the time I couldn't drive so he asked if they could provide a ride could I work 2nd shift and I was fine with that. I was very friendly and enthusiastic, and smiled a lot. I was paid more than the minimum at $7.70 because he had a good feeling about me, that I would do well. At the end of the interview I remember he said "Just keep smiling, the smile is what got you the job." Real simple

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any hard questions, I was just applying to be a cashier.   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wendy's.

If they tell you to come in for an interview, dress moderately nice. You don't have to be decked out in a suit and tie however a pair of black pants and a nice shirt (no logos/writing) would do just fine. SHOWER before you come, and brush your teeth, look clean. The interview takes probably 15 minutes, however we do get busy so you may have to wait for a bit in the beginning. DO NOT show up high/drunk, that is an immediate NO.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an angry customer? Are you very organized? What are 3 skills//weaknesses? Are you more of an introvert or an extrovert (meaning do you work well by yourself of with others)   View Answer

Consumer Insights Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wendy's.

I didn't get past a phone interview on this position - after several weeks and email follow-ups with HR (who was unresponsive), the position was cancelled. The interview itself wasn't difficult, but it was a bit frustrating that no one could take the time to write a quick "thank you for your interest, but we have cancelled this position" email.

Interview Questions
    • None, really. Standard "tell us about yourself" phone interview.   Answer Question

Cashier/Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wrightstown, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wrightstown, NJ

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Wendy's in January 2014.

Filled out an application and took assessment test. Got an interview within a week. Spoke with the store manager and he spoke with one of his managers. Got an email with my paperwork and went in to.sign more. Once hired you will take a computer test to.learn their food and systems.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Wendys?
      What's your availability?

Answer Question

Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wendy's.

Was pretty quick. No hassle at all. People were really nice too. Manager was more than willing to offer me job. adf afad asdfads asdf asdfa sdfa ds ad ad da

Interview Questions
    • Had to go to different location pretty far for training   Answer Question

Change of heart

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wendy's.

Filled out online application with supplemental questions. Was very straight forward. Received a call with a couple of days for interview with the district manager. Interview was approximately an hour of situational questions. Ended with interviewer sharing that there was not even an open GM position and that they do not hire GM's that have not been in the fast food industry and worked their way up.

Interview Questions
    • Would you accept a position as an assistant manager until there is an opening for a GM that you may be able to work your way into?   View Answer

Offered a lower position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wendy's.

Got a call for an interview 2-3 days after I submitted my app, decision took 2-3 weeks after the interview. They ask a fair amount of personal questions. They also seem to prefer it if you are going to stay a year or longer so they don't have to hire someone else after six months or so.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Wendy's in March 2014.

were to arrive at a designated store closest to your zip code, and during the interview your asked a series of questions regarding a event or decision making opportunity, giving an accountability of how you handled the situation as a leader. Then your told about the eight weeks of training, and that you will be training at one of the training stores with a store manager that is fully staffed and will give you the time and tools to be successful. An offer is then made, then you will be contacted later in the week with your start date.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your crew of six were suppose to show up ,but only three came in.   View Answer
    • What makes your skills and level of training suitable for this company?   View Answer
    we will pay you 34,0000 a year, but we feel that you would be a great general manager as well, something to think about if your interested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Wendy's in December 2014.

I called about my submitted online application and was asked to interview the next day. The interview was in the restaurant at a table in the dining area & it was uncomfortable to speak with customers so close at nearby tables. In this economy, I delt with it.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to the team if you are hired?   View Answer
    Ask in the interview about hours and benefits. There are no benefits unless you are full time & there are no full time hires it seems.

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wendy's.

Very basic interview. Tell me about yourself, why should you work here ?, Your avaliablity ect. Lasted about 10 mins.Working at Wendy's provides a flexible schedule and a great kick start to you work life"A great place to learn about customer service and placing quality food as a major priority"