Wendy's

Relevance Date Difficulty

Crew Leader Interview

Crew Leader
Annapolis, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Wendy's.

Interview Details – The company was very prompt and straightforward in the interview on codes, conduct, policy and procedures. I was hired the same day.

Interview Question – Whether or not I could be a trainee and be a leader of a crew of nine.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Everything was upfront and honest and the pay rate was explained prior to the offer.

Very Easy Interview

Crew Member

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Wendy's in April 2010.

Interview Details – Just had 1 interview

Interview Question – Just ask basic interview questions nothing too hard   Answer Question

Inverness, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wendy's in August 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted application online, went in to speak with hiring manager. Hiring manager gave me an interview for the next week and hired me on the spot

Interview Question – Name a time you had to deal with a difficult person   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wendy's.

Interview Details – I'm still in the process. Initial response with the District Manager was very prompt and interview was professionally conducted within a week of me be contacted over the phone. Expect variations of the 3 questions. [Can you do the Job? Do you want the Job? and do I want to work with you.] I'm still waiting to schedule my next interview with the Director of area ops.

Interview Question – I'm sure variations of this have been used before by I was caught a little guard when asked how I would handle working for someone less intelligent than myself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pending. will revise later

Drive Through Cashier Interview

Drive Through Cashier
Stuart, VA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Wendy's in April 2013.

Interview Details – Completed the application.
Sat down with the Store Manager and went through the interview

Interview Question – How do they get the M on the M&M   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager
Dublin, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wendy's in July 2011.

Interview Details – Typical phone screening interview to start. Followed by two in person interviews with manager and department colleagues.
Interviews are based on the previous experiences and behavioral questions.
There was nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – If you could change one thing about wendys what would it be?   View Answer

Plattsburgh, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wendy's in March 2010.

Interview Details – I had to call many times before I actually was given an interview. Pretty easy. Typical expected questions. Why do you want to work here, etc.

Interview Question – None really. Literally all basic generic questions. Some personal questions about your life/other plans   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage is to be expected. Don't try to ask for more.

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Burlington, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at Wendy's in January 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted on-line application with resume attached for a position as General Manager. During phone interview was advised that they were not actually seeking a general manager and that GMs were promoted from within.

Interview Question – Due to having extensive business managment experience, was asked why I would consider a position in a fast food environment with varying shifts and closing responsibilities.   View Answer

Richardson, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Wendy's in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online on a Saturday, then got a email the next day saying they were interested in me and wanted to talk with me, On December 31,2013 i was interviewed. They asked questions like if i had any experience and what days i was willing to work, i was hired on the spot!
The process took 4 days.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Crew Member

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wendy's.

Interview Details – If you want to get hired at Wendy's or any fast food really here is what you do.

1. Do not turn in an application between 11-2, 5-7 or if it is extremely busy. Those are rush periods and it looks bad. Also don't get an application in the drive thru, that's just lazy.

2. When you turn in your application be wearing clean clothes and comb your hair. If you're a guy i'd suggest shaving or at least shaving before the actual interview. You're not allowed to have a beard and they want a "clean cut" appearance. I know some managers that won't hire you just based on that.

3, Ask for the hiring manager when turning in the app and shake their hand. Follow up 3-5 days later in person or on the phone. Trust me, persistence pays off

4. They will ask questions such as; why do you want to work at blank ____? How would you handle an angry customer? Do you have any experience? What shifts are you available to work? What are you're future goals/ambitions?

5. If you have experience in food service elaborate on all the awesome things you did there. Like making food, being helpful to customers, taking the initiative to get things done. If you don't have food experience, tell them how you love working hard, learning and teaching new things, are able to adapt to any situation and stay cool in stressful situations.

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating on pay. I was able to get sunday's off for the period of time i worked there because I said I wouldn't work them due to the bus schedule.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wendy's