Wendy's

Updated Nov 23, 2014
Updated Nov 23, 2014

1.8

Crew Member/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wendy's in February 2014.

First, you apply online. Then, you call the store to make sure they receive it. Then, the hiring manager sets up an interview date with you. Afterwards, he/she decides whether to hire you or not. If the hiring manager decides to hire you then he/she goes online to hire you and it shows up on your online application. Immediately after that you must call and the hiring manager tells you when you shall start.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question to me was: Tell me about yourself, because when asked that question it's like your mind freezes since there is a lot to say and you don't know what the right thing to say would be.   Answer Question

I was looking for a better opportunity as in better paying job, they offered to relocate me but did not offer to raise my salary.

Fast Food Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodstock, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodstock, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wendy's in January 2014.

I turned in a written application. I received a phone call for an interview. The supervisor was professional but relaxed. No real experience was required so it was brief and mainly focused on my demeanor and appearance as it is a customer service position.

Not enough pay to live off of.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Wendy's in January 2014.

Submitted on-line application with resume attached for a position as General Manager. During phone interview was advised that they were not actually seeking a general manager and that GMs were promoted from within.

Interview Questions
    • Due to having extensive business managment experience, was asked why I would consider a position in a fast food environment with varying shifts and closing responsibilities.   View Answer

Crew Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wendy's.

If you want to get hired at Wendy's or any fast food really here is what you do.

1. Do not turn in an application between 11-2, 5-7 or if it is extremely busy. Those are rush periods and it looks bad. Also don't get an application in the drive thru, that's just lazy.

2. When you turn in your application be wearing clean clothes and comb your hair. If you're a guy i'd suggest shaving or at least shaving before the actual interview. You're not allowed to have a beard and they want a "clean cut" appearance. I know some managers that won't hire you just based on that.

3, Ask for the hiring manager when turning in the app and shake their hand. Follow up 3-5 days later in person or on the phone. Trust me, persistence pays off

4. They will ask questions such as; why do you want to work at blank ____? How would you handle an angry customer? Do you have any experience? What shifts are you available to work? What are you're future goals/ambitions?

5. If you have experience in food service elaborate on all the awesome things you did there. Like making food, being helpful to customers, taking the initiative to get things done. If you don't have food experience, tell them how you love working hard, learning and teaching new things, are able to adapt to any situation and stay cool in stressful situations.

There is no negotiating on pay. I was able to get sunday's off for the period of time i worked there because I said I wouldn't work them due to the bus schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Wendy's in December 2013.

I applied online on a Saturday, then got a email the next day saying they were interested in me and wanted to talk with me, On December 31,2013 i was interviewed. They asked questions like if i had any experience and what days i was willing to work, i was hired on the spot!
    The process took 4 days.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wendy's in December 2013.

I filled out an application on Snagajob.com, and I received a call from the manager within hours of filling it out. We set up a interview for 2 days later. I arrived to the interview early. I finally met the manager who was interviewing me. The interview lasted about 10-15 minutes. She told me she'd call me back the next day. I didn't hear from her. I was worried, called the establishment back only to find out she left. Bummer. I called the next day, she was busy and said to call back two days later. Frustrated, I didn't call back. Three days I was thinking to myself my interview must've been bad, and I wasn't offered the job. Ten minutes later she calls saying I was offered the job. :) I was very excited and had orientation the next day. My advice is be yourself in the interview. I have no experience im fast food, this is my first job. I love the environment so far. The workers seem friendly.

No negotiation. I was fine with minimum wage. :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wendy's in December 2013.

Applied on the 30th of November got a call 2days later for a interview. Interview went well basic questions was asked like your availability transportation etc. , manager said if my background came back good she would be giving me a call in a few days. Background came back good so I was called for the second interview which was orientation :)

Interview Questions
    The advice I would give is just to be honest, dress nice, and always smile with good I contact. P.s dont forget to shake the interviewer hand at the end of your interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glassboro, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glassboro, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wendy's in December 2013.

There was only one interview and it was fairly simple. I came in around 8 pm and the place was basically empty. We sat at an open table and began the interview. The question were pretty basic and routine. Questions like "How are you with working with people" or "Name a time you showed a random act of kindness." After that the interviewer said she'd et I contact with me in a few days and I left. She ended up calling me the next day and told me I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really any difficult questions. The random act of kindness question did catch me off guard a little bit.   Answer Question
    There is no option to negotiate. You are pretty much just going to get paid minimum wage.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wendy's.

submitted my application, they called me to go in, they asked basic questions

Interview Questions
    • what was your biggest mistake ? and how did you overcome?   Answer Question

got other jobs

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Wendy's.

The interview was short and sweet. It only took about 10-15 minutes total. My interviewer basically just read questions off of a card the whole time. At the end, they will give you a description of the job and its duties to read and ask you if you are capable of performing them. They will then ask if you have any questions (Ask questions! My interviewer loved the fact that I did and said that usually applicants have nothing to ask). Afterwards, my interviewer informed me that she would be interviewing other candidates and would call me back within the week. I interviewed on Monday and was called backed on Thursday. The interviewer informed me that my background check was all clear and asked if I would still like the position. From there, I was sent to orientation to complete my training and the rest is history.

Interview Questions
    • Was there ever a time that you went above and beyond expectations?
      Why should we give you a chance?
        Answer Question
    Yeah, right! Minimum wage is the only thing they will offer you.