Werner Enterprises

26 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Truck Driver - Dedicated Account Interview

Truck Driver - Dedicated Account

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Werner Enterprises.

Interview Details – Basically talked to hiring manager then went to orientation in Atlanta, Ga. Took driving test, learned about do's and don't for the account we were servicing, took driving test , and was place with a driver trainer for a couple of weeks.

Interview Question – Can you get into really small areas with a 53' trailer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The pay was the already discussed starting pay.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Omaha, NE

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Werner Enterprises in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted via linkedin by the HR recruiter about a new position. Once the position was open, she let me know and I applied immediately. Within the next week she called me and did a pre screening phone interview. I was brought into the office after that for an interview with a VP and manager. The 45 minute interview went extremely well. It was partially me selling myself and by the end they were selling Werner to me.

Interview Question – There weren't any hard questions, it was pretty much all about my past experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate.

Safety Specialist Interview

Safety Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Werner Enterprises.

Interview Details – The phone interview was straight forward, the woman who called got right to the point first thing and talked about salary. After I agreed to the expected salary range, an in person interview was arranged for the local office. The in-person interview involved 3 people, one of which was listening in over the phone. The interview did not last long at all, and was mostly off the wall behavior based questions.

Interview Question – Why is a manhole cover round?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Java Developer III Interview

Java Developer III

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Werner Enterprises.

Interview Details – I had to appear twice for face to face. In first round I was asked with questions about almost all the current technologies. Very basic questions, anybody who has worked on it can answer those questions. And HR was present in the same interview, and asked few HR questions. In second round 2 technical architects and three directors joined. They dig down few areas of Java, JMS.

Interview Question – They had a technical problem which was related to trucking domain. It was a little difficult to understand the problem as keywords were new for me. However they were open for any questions, so it worked well.   Answer Question

Night Fleet Coordinator Interview

Night Fleet Coordinator
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Werner Enterprises in December 2010.

Interview Details – There was a fairly lengthy length of time between the application submission and a reply from HR; speaking with HR about the position to later scheduling a phone interview; from the phone interview to the in person interview; and finally being hired at the in person interview...but still had several weeks before starting the position... not a bad process at all and the people were very great during the duration. Only thing to be improved upon would be to inform candidates of a start date going forward.

Interview Question – Why would I hire you for this role when I have people who want to take this job that have already been successful in this position or one lateral.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Freight Broker Interview

Freight Broker

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Werner Enterprises.

Interview Details – The entire process lasted about 5 weeks. I met with a brokerage manager and another supervisor in separate interviews then it came down to two other people they were considering for the position.

Interview Question – The question related to being prepared to make cold calls to carriers soliciting our business   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not comfortable enough to ask about higher pay because I had little experience in the field and I was just happy they picked me.

Client Services Management Interview

Client Services Management
Omaha, NE

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Werner Enterprises in February 2014.

Interview Details – I really enjoyed interviewing with Werner. They made the interviewing process quick and easy. They were very responsive to my inquiries and made me feel important. For my initial interview, I had a great experience with the hiring manager and we were able to hit it off.

Interview Question – Why Werner Enterprises?   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Human Resources Generalist

I applied online and interviewed at Werner Enterprises.

Interview Details – Applied and then received a phone call to schedule an interview about 2 weeks later. Interviewed with another HR Generalist and HR Manager. Werner is a very masculine environment and seemed like it may be a good ole boys club.

Interview Question – The questions were as expected. There were not a lot of behavioral questions. They were geared more towards what my current job entails. How many positions do I recruit for, hire per month? What area do I think I need the most improvement on? What is one contribution I am proud of.   Answer Question

Transportation Management Trainee Interview

Transportation Management Trainee

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Werner Enterprises.

Interview Details – You will interview with a HR recruiter first, they asked me what I knew about the company, if I was okay with relocating and maybe 2-3 situational questions. If you move on, you will then visit an on-site facility and interview with the Dedicated Manager who will ask you the same questions about what you know and if you are okay with relocating, so make sure you did your research. The third interview is with your potential boss who will then go over your resume and ask you the same two questions- what you know about the company and if you are okay with relocating. Honestly, just have great answers for those two questions and you will get the job.

Interview Question – I was not asked any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They will low-ball your offer, so be sure to make a counter offer and have good reasoning and statistics behind it and you will get what you want.

Very Easy Interview

Breakdown Agent Interview

Breakdown Agent

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Werner Enterprises.

Interview Details – Was a Joke

Interview Question – They don't have any because its a rotating door they just want people there.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Werner Enterprises

Worked for Werner Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!