West Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Care Associate Interview

Customer Care Associate
Huntsville, AL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at West Corporation in June 2014.

Interview Details – Well I did everything in one day, the phone interview was easy but intense because they start to ask off the wall questions.the face to face interview was a little bit better , but they ask you a lot of questions.

Interview Question – What's your pro and cons of past sales experience , example of your customer surface skills, you personal customer experience s   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They weren't going to be flexible with my school.

Huntsville, AL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at West Corporation in July 2011.

Interview Details – When I was first called, I was asked some questions, had the telephone interview set up for about a week later. I then did the telephone interview, and then was scheduled for the second interview a few weeks later. After that interview where I had to do a few tests on the computer, try to sell them my phone like I was an agent. I was then set up for the 3rd interview a few weeks later, went to that. Was sent to take a drug test the next day. Heard back about a week later, went in to fill out paperwork. Was then told I wouldn't start for a month when the 10 week training started. During training you make $9.00 and after your 90 days you go up to $10.25 with commission. The HR staff is very nice and helpful. They didn't tell us before we were hired, or until the 6th week of training that we have to sell 4 tv's a month to keep our jobs...

Interview Question – Can't really think of any hard questions I was asked. Pretty easy interview, just a long process.   Answer Question

Huntsville, AL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at West Corporation in November 2009.

Interview Details – i applied online and received a call the next day from the HR manager asking me to come in person to complete a skills test. when i arrived i was assigned to a computer and took a test consisting of different computer application questions and a typing test. i waited while the desk clerk received my grade and she called me up and told me i had passed the test and gave me a card with the number to the HR lady in charge of phone interviews and told me to call at a certain time. the interview was scheduled for about five days out. the phone interview consisted of four or five scenario questions and she went over my background and work history. she informed me at the end of the interview that i had passed to the next round which consisted of a one on one interview. this was for a few days away. when i arrived, i waited for about twenty minutes for the lady to call me, she was running late. she went over the policies and procedures of the company, showed me a video of a customer service duties and asked if this seemed like something i would want to do. i answered yes of course, then we went over the different companies available to work for and I chose one out of the three available based on my schedule and hours available. she told me i had the job contingent upon a drug test. she gave me the number to set up an appointment. i called and took the test the next day and two days after that the HR lady called again and asked me to come in whenever I could, nothing formal, to finalize everything. I came in that day and signed some papers, got my badge, and instructions for my first day of work and dress code. i started two weeks later.

Interview Question – describe a time when you dealt with an irate customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – nothing, everything was set in stone regarding salary. I even had a Bachelor's Degree and the job only required a high school diploma, but they werent able to offer me extra pay or anything. the only thing i could choose was whether i wanted to work for company a, b, or c.

Huntsville, AL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at West Corporation in January 2011.

Interview Details – Fairly lengthy interview process for the job title. First applied in October, and was promptly scheduled a phone interview. The first interview was mainly just the standard toolbox of interview questions, I think to get a feel of my voice on the phone more than anything. At the end of the interview it was discovered that my school schedule would get in the way of work schedule, so I didn't get the job.

I reapplied at the end of December after school let out for the semester. I got a call back the next day asking to come in for a face to face interview. The first face to face interview was mainly questions asking if I had certain sales knowledge and experience, then I had to demonstrate it. There was a sales role play in which I had to sell the interviewer my cell phone, also an internet skills test, in which I had to locate information on the company website.

The third interview was another face to face interview. This one was much shorter and was mainly questions such as "Why do you think sales are important?", or "Name a time when you exceeded a goal.". It was pretty much the easiest interview.

After my interviews I had to take a drug test, and a background check. After those came back clear, I had to come in again, to fill out some paperwork, get my schedule, take picture for work ID, and actually be hired.

Advice for other people seeking employment a CSR job at West, would be to dress professionally, for guys that means your gotta wear a tie. Brush up on sales skills(theory and application), that seems to be the most important thing they are looking for. There are some computer skills test and a data entry test, but if you use a computer on a regular basis you can't fail it.

Interview Question – "Sell me your cell phone."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There isn't really any negotiation, if you decline, there are a room full of applicants that will gladly take it.

Huntsville, AL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at West Corporation in January 2008.

Interview Details – Applied online and at the end of the application was instructed to contact HR to schedule and interview. Arrived for the interview and was given a typing test. After passing the typing test was given a 1:1 interview and had to answer a few questions about how you should interact with customers. After completing this portion was told to go across town and have a drug test. After this was completed I was called back to discuss employment times and days.

Interview Question – If you have a customer who is upset with a billing problem what should you do to defuse the situation?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for West Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at West Corporation interview questions and advice in Huntsville, AL. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by West Corporation employees and interview candidates.