West Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2015

2.3

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at West Corporation (Reno, NV).

Interview

Pretty basic and straight forward. The interviewing supervisor was a good guy, had a sense of humor and dressed like a normal person. It was a very comfortable and enjoyable experience.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at West Corporation (Appleton, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online for the position. Got a call back from an Omaha HR representative who sent an email link to a page for an interactive automated phone interview. After completing the questions for the phone interview the HR representative scheduled a one on one interview with me at the local offices. The one on one interview was a bunch of basic questions you expect from an interview and then a skills challenge.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at West Corporation (Appleton, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

HR recruiter meets you and then decides what type of sales you would be best in, no matter what your professional background holds. Prospective hiring manager thens proceeds to ask you about your sales experience, even if you don't have any. Somewhat disorganized and interview is very much behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Give me a quick background on your past experience. When you do not mention sales, they ask you about your sales experience. Al little heavy on finding out about your previous managers.   Answer Question

Technical Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at West Corporation.

Interview

The interview process was very structured with written out questions while the interviewer wrote throughout the entire interview. It was also a very long process. HR did not keep me informed throughout the process and neither did the hiring manager. It was a very long process and there was a lot of time that went by that I was unsure of how the interview went or what the next steps were. This is typical for this company. I've interviewed for a few positions within and they have all gone this way - whether you are their #1 choice or not.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that there was an obstacle in your job that you had to overcome. What steps did you take to overcome?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at West Corporation.

Interview

Dedicated interview site. Polite and appropriate. Brief, but honest appraisal of my fit. Agreed I was not a good fit, my growth potential was limited due to my background. I appreciated them not wasting my time. Most of the discussion was about my background, my expectations, and my goals. They were quite open about their expectations and their environment. We agreed it was not worth my proceeding with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What I expected of the job   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at West Corporation.

Interview

The interview process was mainly through email correspondence. Received an email from hiring recruiter about a week and half after on line application. It was rather straightforward. The hiring recruiter asked what was my salary requirement and replied with one. However, once replied response was not what company paying for position advertised. Did counter and respectfully decline when hiring recruiter held firm on their salary requirement.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at West Corporation (Green Bay, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

HR manager and recruiter questions were asked by HR manager nothing to try to trick you the standard questions one would expect in the initial interview. The process seemed to be more of a screening process the meaty interview would be done by the Sr. Sales Manager.

Data Mining Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at West Corporation (Omaha, NE) in February 2015.

Interview

Was asked a a lot of questions on the phone by the HR, and since the role did not correlate well with my educational background, was not able to answer all the questions satisfactorily.

Human Resources Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at West Corporation (San Antonio, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the next day for an in person interview. The interviewer was very nice and I appreciated her candidness; however, her line of questioning was more like an exam asking which Employment Laws you are familiar with (you can be familiar with all of them but you aren't going to remember every last one in an interview) and what is the processes involved in different aspects of HR. These questions are not engaging and it certainly does not let the interviewer get to know you and the qualities you possess. Those who have degrees in HR will likely know all of the Employment Laws so I do not feel they are appropriate to discuss during the interview at least not in that format. I would strongly suggest putting these types of questions in a pre-assessment and have the candidate complete them prior to the interview. When I interview, I want to uncover the true talents of the individual in front of me and what they can bring to my organization in terms of value. Anyone can open a book and read the law. After completing the spoken exam, I was pretty much exhausted. The second step was an in person second interview with the next level associate. These were all situational questions based on a supervisor role. It was actually rather fun, but still gives no real insight to who the person is they are interviewing. Personality is extremely important when it comes to supervisor roles so questions should pertain to whether or not this individual can lead a team or do they have the unfortunate ability to destroy a team. While they state they will let you know either way, I never heard back from them. In HR it's important to disposition your candidates in a timely manner and if you're using an applicant tracking system it should be the norm.

Interview Questions

• What employment laws do you know? What is the training process? What is the recruiting process?   Answer Question

Client Support Coodinatro Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at West Corporation.

Interview

This is a two or three interview process. Interviews are relaxed and friendly. The environment and people are very warm, kind, friendly and helpful. They try to take pressure off of you if they see you are struggling. It's not a difficult interview. Show confidence, initiative and independence. Most importantly, be positive.

Interview Questions

• 1) Know how you resolved a very difficult situation. 2) How you prioritize emails (because you will get a lot). 3) What you would do if faced with a situation that you couldn't handle alone or possibly a harassment situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was hired back when salaries were more negotiable. There is still a little room for negotiating. Don't be afraid to ask for you what you think you are worth. That way you will be more likely to get the highest offered for that position. Sometimes there may not be any negotiation. Depends on the position I think and the timing. Be confident and positive. Don't complain about past employers. Phrase situations in a positive light. Give them a sense that you are responsible and confident.