West Corporation

Updated Feb 27, 2015
Updated Feb 27, 2015

2.4

Sales Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at West Corporation.

Dedicated interview site. Polite and appropriate. Brief, but honest appraisal of my fit. Agreed I was not a good fit, my growth potential was limited due to my background. I appreciated them not wasting my time. Most of the discussion was about my background, my expectations, and my goals. They were quite open about their expectations and their environment. We agreed it was not worth my proceeding with the interview process.

Technical Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at West Corporation.

The interview process was mainly through email correspondence. Received an email from hiring recruiter about a week and half after on line application. It was rather straightforward. The hiring recruiter asked what was my salary requirement and replied with one. However, once replied response was not what company paying for position advertised. Did counter and respectfully decline when hiring recruiter held firm on their salary requirement.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at West Corporation in February 2015.

HR manager and recruiter questions were asked by HR manager nothing to try to trick you the standard questions one would expect in the initial interview. The process seemed to be more of a screening process the meaty interview would be done by the Sr. Sales Manager.

Data Mining Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at West Corporation in February 2015.

Was asked a a lot of questions on the phone by the HR, and since the role did not correlate well with my educational background, was not able to answer all the questions satisfactorily.

Client Support Coodinatro Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at West Corporation.

This is a two or three interview process. Interviews are relaxed and friendly. The environment and people are very warm, kind, friendly and helpful. They try to take pressure off of you if they see you are struggling. It's not a difficult interview. Show confidence, initiative and independence. Most importantly, be positive.

Interview Questions
    • 1) Know how you resolved a very difficult situation. 2) How you prioritize emails (because you will get a lot). 3) What you would do if faced with a situation that you couldn't handle alone or possibly a harassment situation.   View Answer
    I was hired back when salaries were more negotiable. There is still a little room for negotiating. Don't be afraid to ask for you what you think you are worth. That way you will be more likely to get the highest offered for that position. Sometimes there may not be any negotiation. Depends on the position I think and the timing. Be confident and positive. Don't complain about past employers. Phrase situations in a positive light. Give them a sense that you are responsible and confident.

Technical Support Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at West Corporation in January 2015.

Extremely unprofessional process. I was contacted by a recruiter for a position at this company who tried desperately to get me to interview with him. I hammered out some very precious time to meet concerning the position. Come to find out he didn't actually work for West Corporation, he was an outsourced recruiter. Upon entering the building for my 1:00 scheduled interview, I was told that I needed to fill out the application online along with filling out a 100+ question evaluation before I could actually get the interview (that I was promised would be at 1:00 pm). Huge waste of my time. Nothing was mentioned to me about this very egregious request during the phone interview. The front desk people were rude to me when I mentioned this to them. One clerk explained that my resume was useless and they go by how I answer the questions before I can move to the next step. I was so insulted by her response I just left. This is not how you treat college graduates or anyone for that matter.

Interview Questions
    • Left before the interview questions were asked as a result of misleading information and rudeness from the front desk clerks.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at West Corporation.

Customer-oriented, successful at troubleshooting and handling customer support issues in a timely manner.

Energetic with strong time management skills who thrives in a fast-paced environment.

Handle customer inquiries, complaints, billing questions and payment extension/service requests. Calm angry callers, repair trust, locate resources for problems

Customer Service Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at West Corporation.

The process is disorganized-- I've watched them try to hire people weeks after they were interviewed even though they knew they wanted to hire them the same week they were interviewed. The place is a cattle call. Dress nicely and be professional-- you shouldn't have a problem getting hired. They go through a lot of bodies.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions-- it's a pretty standard interview.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Call Center Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at West Corporation.

Did an application and received an email stating that they would like for me to call for an interview. Well I did and received the voice mail, so I left a message. that was 11/11/14. Today I received a call from human resources basically stating that he couldn't do anything for me because my last 4 jobs I didn't stay at for a year and that's something that they look for. Well I'm not upset about that. Because I actually got hired making $14.50 compared to the $10. So thanks for letting me know I'm worth more guys!!! ����������

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at West Corporation.

Submitted my resume through West online website after finding the job on a website. Within 1 week of submitting the resume I received an email from HR requesting a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and was pretty typical. Following the phone interview I received an email for filling out a PI survey online. Once the PI survey was completed then I was contacted to setup an in person interview.

The in person interview consisted of meeting with a panel of 4 current VP's and/or directors. It was very much to the point and direct. Very little time was spent on work experience or background. They cared mostly about coaching, mentoring, and leading other employees. The interview questions were very direct and some were difficult. One particular interviewer was rude and challenged a lot of what was said.

I left that interview knowing I would not get an offer, but I didn't feel like I wanted an offer either. I left knowing it was not the place for me to work.