West Corporation

Updated Dec 1, 2014
Updated Dec 1, 2014

2.3

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at West Corporation.

Customer-oriented, successful at troubleshooting and handling customer support issues in a timely manner.

Energetic with strong time management skills who thrives in a fast-paced environment.

Handle customer inquiries, complaints, billing questions and payment extension/service requests. Calm angry callers, repair trust, locate resources for problems

Customer Service Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at West Corporation.

The process is disorganized-- I've watched them try to hire people weeks after they were interviewed even though they knew they wanted to hire them the same week they were interviewed. The place is a cattle call. Dress nicely and be professional-- you shouldn't have a problem getting hired. They go through a lot of bodies.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions-- it's a pretty standard interview.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Call Center Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at West Corporation.

Did an application and received an email stating that they would like for me to call for an interview. Well I did and received the voice mail, so I left a message. that was 11/11/14. Today I received a call from human resources basically stating that he couldn't do anything for me because my last 4 jobs I didn't stay at for a year and that's something that they look for. Well I'm not upset about that. Because I actually got hired making $14.50 compared to the $10. So thanks for letting me know I'm worth more guys!!! ����������

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at West Corporation.

Submitted my resume through West online website after finding the job on a website. Within 1 week of submitting the resume I received an email from HR requesting a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and was pretty typical. Following the phone interview I received an email for filling out a PI survey online. Once the PI survey was completed then I was contacted to setup an in person interview.

The in person interview consisted of meeting with a panel of 4 current VP's and/or directors. It was very much to the point and direct. Very little time was spent on work experience or background. They cared mostly about coaching, mentoring, and leading other employees. The interview questions were very direct and some were difficult. One particular interviewer was rude and challenged a lot of what was said.

I left that interview knowing I would not get an offer, but I didn't feel like I wanted an offer either. I left knowing it was not the place for me to work.

Customer Service Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at West Corporation.

You are asked to sign in and sat down at a computer where you are given an easy test to see if you can navigate a web page. Once that is graded you are given a phone test to see how you sound over the phone. Then I got a first interview, basically getting to know you questions and how you handle your self under pressure that sort of thing. Then I got a second interview which was more specific to the job it's self but still nothing out of the ordinary. I never left the building from the time I signed in until they were ready to send me for my drug test and after each step they gave you an instantly told you if were moving on in the selection process.

Interview Questions
    • I think the most unexpected question was the fact there wasn't really an unexpected question. Don't get me wrong I certainly got the impression they new exactly what they were looking for but there were no real gotcha questions pretty much if you were a good fit for the position you should do well in the interview.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at West Corporation.

Great interview process very organized and very excited about the job. Got a quick response and they work fast to get you started. Great hours and even some discounts at other places. Seems like there is a chance to move up if you work hard! Overall great so far

Employee Relations Training Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at West Corporation.

Tedious, drawn out, kind of over the top for the position. In retrospect, It was kinda greuling. I went through 3 interviews. Once through HR, one with the hiring manager, and then one team interview.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't necessarily difficult, if you have worked in HR or have knowledge of ADA, FMLA, or OSHA. But, be prepared to answer questions about employment law and demonstrate familiarity with them.   View Answer
    No negotiation. You accept the offer or you don't.

Recovery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at West Corporation in October 2014.

Applied online. Received a call from HR two weeks later. Did a phone interview then went in for an in person interview 3 days later. Interviewed with two different supervisors and was scheduled to then meet with the director the following week. Met with director and was calrd back two days with an offer. Accepted and now waiting on background check to clear. Took a total 3 weeks from the time I applied online.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever worked for department of education before?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiations but the salary was comparable to some other salaries offered for other positions but much more than other companies

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at West Corporation in October 2014.

Basic interview revolving around the sales process. A lot of "Tell me about a time when..." questions. The following interviews were a bit more in detail but still very basic.

Interview Questions
    • Here's a pen. Let's play out a scenario where you try and sell it to me. Go.   Answer Question

Employee Relations Training Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at West Corporation.

I completed two interviews. The first was with the Human Resources Director. I was then called back to interview with the Employee Relations Director for a second interview. Each took around 30 minutes or so. After the first interview I was asked to complete a written essay style portion of three questions. Both interviews were conducted professionally and covered a range of standard questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected questions was when I was asked to complete a written essay-style portion of the interview. This consisted of 3 essay type questions to which you were to hand-write responses. These addressed situations that you may encounter while performing the Employee Relations job.   Answer Question