West Corporation

Updated Jan 19, 2015
Updated Jan 19, 2015

2.4

Client Support Coodinatro Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at West Corporation.

This is a two or three interview process. Interviews are relaxed and friendly. The environment and people are very warm, kind, friendly and helpful. They try to take pressure off of you if they see you are struggling. It's not a difficult interview. Show confidence, initiative and independence. Most importantly, be positive.

Interview Questions
    • 1) Know how you resolved a very difficult situation. 2) How you prioritize emails (because you will get a lot). 3) What you would do if faced with a situation that you couldn't handle alone or possibly a harassment situation.   View Answer
    I was hired back when salaries were more negotiable. There is still a little room for negotiating. Don't be afraid to ask for you what you think you are worth. That way you will be more likely to get the highest offered for that position. Sometimes there may not be any negotiation. Depends on the position I think and the timing. Be confident and positive. Don't complain about past employers. Phrase situations in a positive light. Give them a sense that you are responsible and confident.

Technical Support Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at West Corporation in January 2015.

Extremely unprofessional process. I was contacted by a recruiter for a position at this company who tried desperately to get me to interview with him. I hammered out some very precious time to meet concerning the position. Come to find out he didn't actually work for West Corporation, he was an outsourced recruiter. Upon entering the building for my 1:00 scheduled interview, I was told that I needed to fill out the application online along with filling out a 100+ question evaluation before I could actually get the interview (that I was promised would be at 1:00 pm). Huge waste of my time. Nothing was mentioned to me about this very egregious request during the phone interview. The front desk people were rude to me when I mentioned this to them. One clerk explained that my resume was useless and they go by how I answer the questions before I can move to the next step. I was so insulted by her response I just left. This is not how you treat college graduates or anyone for that matter.

Interview Questions
    • Left before the interview questions were asked as a result of misleading information and rudeness from the front desk clerks.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at West Corporation.

Customer-oriented, successful at troubleshooting and handling customer support issues in a timely manner.

Energetic with strong time management skills who thrives in a fast-paced environment.

Handle customer inquiries, complaints, billing questions and payment extension/service requests. Calm angry callers, repair trust, locate resources for problems

Customer Service Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at West Corporation.

The process is disorganized-- I've watched them try to hire people weeks after they were interviewed even though they knew they wanted to hire them the same week they were interviewed. The place is a cattle call. Dress nicely and be professional-- you shouldn't have a problem getting hired. They go through a lot of bodies.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions-- it's a pretty standard interview.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Call Center Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at West Corporation.

Did an application and received an email stating that they would like for me to call for an interview. Well I did and received the voice mail, so I left a message. that was 11/11/14. Today I received a call from human resources basically stating that he couldn't do anything for me because my last 4 jobs I didn't stay at for a year and that's something that they look for. Well I'm not upset about that. Because I actually got hired making $14.50 compared to the $10. So thanks for letting me know I'm worth more guys!!! ����������

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at West Corporation.

Submitted my resume through West online website after finding the job on a website. Within 1 week of submitting the resume I received an email from HR requesting a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and was pretty typical. Following the phone interview I received an email for filling out a PI survey online. Once the PI survey was completed then I was contacted to setup an in person interview.

The in person interview consisted of meeting with a panel of 4 current VP's and/or directors. It was very much to the point and direct. Very little time was spent on work experience or background. They cared mostly about coaching, mentoring, and leading other employees. The interview questions were very direct and some were difficult. One particular interviewer was rude and challenged a lot of what was said.

I left that interview knowing I would not get an offer, but I didn't feel like I wanted an offer either. I left knowing it was not the place for me to work.

Customer Service Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at West Corporation.

You are asked to sign in and sat down at a computer where you are given an easy test to see if you can navigate a web page. Once that is graded you are given a phone test to see how you sound over the phone. Then I got a first interview, basically getting to know you questions and how you handle your self under pressure that sort of thing. Then I got a second interview which was more specific to the job it's self but still nothing out of the ordinary. I never left the building from the time I signed in until they were ready to send me for my drug test and after each step they gave you an instantly told you if were moving on in the selection process.

Interview Questions
    • I think the most unexpected question was the fact there wasn't really an unexpected question. Don't get me wrong I certainly got the impression they new exactly what they were looking for but there were no real gotcha questions pretty much if you were a good fit for the position you should do well in the interview.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at West Corporation.

Great interview process very organized and very excited about the job. Got a quick response and they work fast to get you started. Great hours and even some discounts at other places. Seems like there is a chance to move up if you work hard! Overall great so far

Employee Relations Training Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at West Corporation.

Tedious, drawn out, kind of over the top for the position. In retrospect, It was kinda greuling. I went through 3 interviews. Once through HR, one with the hiring manager, and then one team interview.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't necessarily difficult, if you have worked in HR or have knowledge of ADA, FMLA, or OSHA. But, be prepared to answer questions about employment law and demonstrate familiarity with them.   View Answer
    No negotiation. You accept the offer or you don't.

Recovery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at West Corporation in October 2014.

Applied online. Received a call from HR two weeks later. Did a phone interview then went in for an in person interview 3 days later. Interviewed with two different supervisors and was scheduled to then meet with the director the following week. Met with director and was calrd back two days with an offer. Accepted and now waiting on background check to clear. Took a total 3 weeks from the time I applied online.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever worked for department of education before?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiations but the salary was comparable to some other salaries offered for other positions but much more than other companies