West Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015
Updated Mar 17, 2015

2.4

Technical Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at West Corporation.

Interview

The interview process was very structured with written out questions while the interviewer wrote throughout the entire interview. It was also a very long process.
    HR did not keep me informed throughout the process and neither did the hiring manager. It was a very long process and there was a lot of time that went by that I was unsure of how the interview went or what the next steps were. This is typical for this company. I've interviewed for a few positions within and they have all gone this way - whether you are their #1 choice or not.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that there was an obstacle in your job that you had to overcome. What steps did you take to overcome?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at West Corporation.

Interview

Dedicated interview site. Polite and appropriate. Brief, but honest appraisal of my fit. Agreed I was not a good fit, my growth potential was limited due to my background. I appreciated them not wasting my time. Most of the discussion was about my background, my expectations, and my goals. They were quite open about their expectations and their environment. We agreed it was not worth my proceeding with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What I expected of the job   1 Answer

Technical Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at West Corporation.

Interview

The interview process was mainly through email correspondence. Received an email from hiring recruiter about a week and half after on line application. It was rather straightforward. The hiring recruiter asked what was my salary requirement and replied with one. However, once replied response was not what company paying for position advertised. Did counter and respectfully decline when hiring recruiter held firm on their salary requirement.

Human Resources Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at West Corporation (San Antonio, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the next day for an in person interview. The interviewer was very nice and I appreciated her candidness; however, her line of questioning was more like an exam asking which Employment Laws you are familiar with (you can be familiar with all of them but you aren't going to remember every last one in an interview) and what is the processes involved in different aspects of HR. These questions are not engaging and it certainly does not let the interviewer get to know you and the qualities you possess. Those who have degrees in HR will likely know all of the Employment Laws so I do not feel they are appropriate to discuss during the interview at least not in that format. I would strongly suggest putting these types of questions in a pre-assessment and have the candidate complete them prior to the interview. When I interview, I want to uncover the true talents of the individual in front of me and what they can bring to my organization in terms of value. Anyone can open a book and read the law. After completing the spoken exam, I was pretty much exhausted.

The second step was an in person second interview with the next level associate. These were all situational questions based on a supervisor role. It was actually rather fun, but still gives no real insight to who the person is they are interviewing. Personality is extremely important when it comes to supervisor roles so questions should pertain to whether or not this individual can lead a team or do they have the unfortunate ability to destroy a team.

While they state they will let you know either way, I never heard back from them. In HR it's important to disposition your candidates in a timely manner and if you're using an applicant tracking system it should be the norm.

Interview Questions

• What employment laws do you know? What is the training process? What is the recruiting process?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at West Corporation (Green Bay, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

HR manager and recruiter questions were asked by HR manager nothing to try to trick you the standard questions one would expect in the initial interview. The process seemed to be more of a screening process the meaty interview would be done by the Sr. Sales Manager.

Data Mining Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at West Corporation (Omaha, NE) in February 2015.

Interview

Was asked a a lot of questions on the phone by the HR, and since the role did not correlate well with my educational background, was not able to answer all the questions satisfactorily.

Client Support Coodinatro Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at West Corporation.

Interview

This is a two or three interview process. Interviews are relaxed and friendly. The environment and people are very warm, kind, friendly and helpful. They try to take pressure off of you if they see you are struggling. It's not a difficult interview. Show confidence, initiative and independence. Most importantly, be positive.

Interview Questions

• 1) Know how you resolved a very difficult situation. 2) How you prioritize emails (because you will get a lot). 3) What you would do if faced with a situation that you couldn't handle alone or possibly a harassment situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was hired back when salaries were more negotiable. There is still a little room for negotiating. Don't be afraid to ask for you what you think you are worth. That way you will be more likely to get the highest offered for that position. Sometimes there may not be any negotiation. Depends on the position I think and the timing. Be confident and positive. Don't complain about past employers. Phrase situations in a positive light. Give them a sense that you are responsible and confident.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at West Corporation in January 2015.

Interview

Extremely unprofessional process. I was contacted by a recruiter for a position at this company who tried desperately to get me to interview with him. I hammered out some very precious time to meet concerning the position. Come to find out he didn't actually work for West Corporation, he was an outsourced recruiter. Upon entering the building for my 1:00 scheduled interview, I was told that I needed to fill out the application online along with filling out a 100+ question evaluation before I could actually get the interview (that I was promised would be at 1:00 pm). Huge waste of my time. Nothing was mentioned to me about this very egregious request during the phone interview. The front desk people were rude to me when I mentioned this to them. One clerk explained that my resume was useless and they go by how I answer the questions before I can move to the next step. I was so insulted by her response I just left. This is not how you treat college graduates or anyone for that matter.

Interview Questions

• Left before the interview questions were asked as a result of misleading information and rudeness from the front desk clerks.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at West Corporation.

Interview

Customer-oriented, successful at troubleshooting and handling customer support issues in a timely manner.

Energetic with strong time management skills who thrives in a fast-paced environment.

Handle customer inquiries, complaints, billing questions and payment extension/service requests. Calm angry callers, repair trust, locate resources for problems

Customer Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at West Corporation.

Interview

The process is disorganized-- I've watched them try to hire people weeks after they were interviewed even though they knew they wanted to hire them the same week they were interviewed. The place is a cattle call. Dress nicely and be professional-- you shouldn't have a problem getting hired. They go through a lot of bodies.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions-- it's a pretty standard interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.