West Corporation Sales Agent Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at West Corporation (Reno, NV) in September 2012.

Interview

There were two interviews. The first interview was a breeze - general knowledge, customer service, knowing how to use a computer, and ability to be a decent person to others. Second interview, for me, was hell. He was obnoxious, and badgering. Although I have no sales experience, I have lots of customer service experience - so I had moderate confidence in my ability to do the job. After this interview, I'm left paranoid, anxious, and not sure of myself. He asked me sales related questions, which of course I have no answers to because I've never done it before. Badgered me on unrelated things, and was honestly just generally not the nicest person ever. Regardless, I ended up taking the job, because money is money. But now, I'm nervous to even come back. Especially since he left it with, "I don't have 100% faith in you, but I will give you a chance." Thanks.

Interview Questions

• Sell me as to why I should hire you, because I'm putting my name on this paper if I sign off on it which sucks. So why should you work here?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want this job when you've never had any sales experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had to sit there for about 10 minutes trying to convince him to take me as an employee, and sign off on my application to go farther.

Other Interview Reviews for West Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at West Corporation (Reno, NV) in August 2011.

Interview

You actually have 2 interviews, and it can take a few days in between the first and second interview. Mine happened all in one day. Be prepared to answer some questions about sales. Be honest and you'll do fine. Also, when asked what helps you sell better, they really like hearing "smiling". It's phone work, but customers can still hear the smile in your voice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

About the only thing you will be able to negotiate is your requested days off. For entry level sales or customer service, wages are pretty fixed.

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at West Corporation in October 2008.

Interview

Basic customer services skills, all via phone and computer.