Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at West Corporation
- Customer Service Representative (33)
- Technical Support Representative (7)
- Customer Care Associate (6)
- Customer Service Manager (5)
- Employee Relations Training Coordinator (3)
- Sales Agent (3)
- Sales Associate (3)
- Customer Account Executive (2)
- Customer Service Agent (2)
- Account Manager (2)
- Subject Matter Expert (2)
- Sales Manager (2)
- Programmer Analyst (2)
- Director (2)
- Technical Project Manager (2)
- Telephone Sales Associate (2)
- Graveyard Customer Service Representative (1)
- Work At Home Agent/Sales (1)
- Work-at-home Customer Service Representative (1)
- Second Tier AT&T Program (1)
- SiriusXM Saves Agent (1)
- CSS ATT (1)
- AT&T Technical Care Representative (1)
- DirecTV (Showtime) (1)
- Case Team (1)
- Client Support Coodinatro (1)
- Recruiting Specialist for West At Home (1)
- AT&T Customer Service Production (1)
- Coordinator (1)
- IT Director (1)
Sales Agent Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at West Corporation (Reno, NV) in September 2012.
There were two interviews. The first interview was a breeze - general knowledge, customer service, knowing how to use a computer, and ability to be a decent person to others. Second interview, for me, was hell. He was obnoxious, and badgering. Although I have no sales experience, I have lots of customer service experience - so I had moderate confidence in my ability to do the job. After this interview, I'm left paranoid, anxious, and not sure of myself. He asked me sales related questions, which of course I have no answers to because I've never done it before. Badgered me on unrelated things, and was honestly just generally not the nicest person ever. Regardless, I ended up taking the job, because money is money. But now, I'm nervous to even come back. Especially since he left it with, "I don't have 100% faith in you, but I will give you a chance." Thanks.
I had to sit there for about 10 minutes trying to convince him to take me as an employee, and sign off on my application to go farther.
Other Interview Reviews for West Corporation
Sales Agent InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at West Corporation (Reno, NV) in August 2011.
You actually have 2 interviews, and it can take a few days in between the first and second interview. Mine happened all in one day. Be prepared to answer some questions about sales. Be honest and you'll do fine. Also, when asked what helps you sell better, they really like hearing "smiling". It's phone work, but customers can still hear the smile in your voice.
- What kind of sales experience do you have? Answer Question
About the only thing you will be able to negotiate is your requested days off. For entry level sales or customer service, wages are pretty fixed.
Sales Agent InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at West Corporation in October 2008.
Basic customer services skills, all via phone and computer.
- What would you do to handle a difficult customer? Answer Question