West Monroe Partners

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at West Monroe Partners in November 2013.

Interview Details – Two rounds of phone interviews then an all day event in Columbus. There was a case study. Everyone was really friendly and made the process much more enjoyable than normal interviews.

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at West Monroe Partners in October 2010.

Interview Details – - Career Fair introduction and offered on campus interview same day via cell phone call
- On campus interview (Technical/Functional + Initial Portion of CBI) and onsite offered office interview within 1-2 weeks
- Office Interview (Technical/Functional + "Fit" Lunch + Remaining portions of the CBI + Case Study) and given and offer within 1-2 weeks

Interview Question – Case Study was probably the most difficult as I had never experienced it before.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations for entry level.

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at West Monroe Partners in November 2012.

Interview Details – Very simple interview process. The on campus interview was a one hour behavioral interview. The second-round interview was an office visit. This interview was a get to know you and was very pleasant.

Interview Question – The business case was difficult. They gave you 20 minutes to read the case and then 30 minutes to make a presentation to a manager about your strategic recommendations for the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No need to negotiate, the salary was very competitive for the industry

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at West Monroe Partners.

Interview Details – Started with an on-campus event and a short meet and greet. Eventually, about 3 weeks later, they got around to calling me back for an on-campus interview where they asked about my course load and some relevant work experience.

After about a week, I received an email that I was invited to be a part of an interview session in the Seattle office. Here, they taught about 18 of us about the company and the direction its headed, as well as what they do on a day to day basis.

They were very nice and happy to see a bunch of young potential new employees.

Interview Question – Nothing to abnormal for a consultant position. There was a case interview, a normal interview, and lunch with other members of the company, which isn't listed as an interview but definitely seemed like one.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at West Monroe Partners in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interview lasted about half the day and consisted of 3 or 4 interviews throughout the day. There was a behavioral interview like most companies do and then there was a case study which I would say was the most difficult of the day. Company really took care of is interviewees, took us out to lunch and payed for travel and accommedations. Overall great company evironment.

Interview Question – Case about how to increase ticket sales at an amuement park   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at West Monroe Partners in January 2010.

Interview Details – It is an all day event. Nice thing is that you also get free lunch. I think it is a great place to work for. Personallly I am not satisfied with the offer

Interview Question – Skill test may include behaviorism quesions also   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer is non negotiable. I tried a lot to negotiate but it is the standrard package for all.

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at West Monroe Partners in October 2011.

Interview Details – 1:1 interview with Managing Director through University, led to final all day interview on location. 1 Case study interview, 1 personality based resume interview for 'fit'.

Interview Question – Case study was derived from a real project involving merger between two internet banking companies and which online banking system should be kept. You are provided with brief details but need to ask the right questions to learn more about the situation eg market, financials etc.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at West Monroe Partners

Worked for West Monroe Partners? Contribute to the Community!