West Virginia University

Updated Oct 9, 2014
Updated Oct 9, 2014

2.5

Undergraduate Research Assistant - Industry Assessment Center Interview

Very informal interview. As long as you have good grades and are proactive about learning, you will do fine. Dr. Gopala went over my grades and asked what was my availability like. It is important that you are able to make the site visits to the clients to collect the data and get an idea of the work that you are doing.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

This position was offered as part of my scholarship for attending the graduate program. As in most cases receiving the offer was directly tied to my application to graduate school. I did not have to but I visited the department months before I was offered the position officially and had a brief discussion with the director. After that they based my assignment on the skills I described in my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Knowing what sort of research I was interested in working in order to properly assign me to a faculty member.   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Received email for campus visit. The campus visit was casual. Had to meet few professors and talk to them about research experiences. After the campus visit received the official letter.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Applied online through the university. It's easy to get accepted as long as you have a decent G.P.A. and good rapport with professors.

Night Staff Supervisor Interview

simple process

Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at West Virginia University in September 2013.

Be sophisticated

Great opportunity

Visiting Assistant Professor Interview

This is a land grant institution. Know how your teaching methods work with such schools. Additionally, be prepared to ask questions and teach a class.

Get a copy of your contact exactly how it should look before signing.

GTA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at West Virginia University in August 2013.

Multiple phone interviews after acceptance. Panel interview the first day.

Communications Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at West Virginia University in May 2013.

The hiring process was really simple. I submitted my resume to HR, I was given a call by my now supervisor, the VP of Communications, and he asked me to come in for an interview. I interviewed with him and one of his other employees. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and they asked me about my experiences in and out of class. I informed them that I had to make a decision about another internship by the next day, however that I preferred to work for them, and they let me know within 24 hours that I was hired. Over all a very good experience.

Interview Questions
    • They asked my about my experience with web design and I had not had any.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at West Virginia University.

they talk to you and see your strengths and your ability to communicate, they see you one by one and then they go out with you for lunch and then invite you for a presentation about your work and knowledge and students plus faculty ask you questions