West Virginia University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at West Virginia University in May 2011.

Interview Details – Face to face, lab touring. My adviser displayed what he was doing and was going to do for research and tried to see if I have any feedback to that.

Interview Question – None, if you are the people doing related research.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant

Interviewed at West Virginia University

Interview Details – This position was offered as part of my scholarship for attending the graduate program. As in most cases receiving the offer was directly tied to my application to graduate school. I did not have to but I visited the department months before I was offered the position officially and had a brief discussion with the director. After that they based my assignment on the skills I described in my resume.

Interview Question – Knowing what sort of research I was interested in working in order to properly assign me to a faculty member.   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Graduate Student

Interviewed at West Virginia University

Interview Details – Received email for campus visit. The campus visit was casual. Had to meet few professors and talk to them about research experiences. After the campus visit received the official letter.

GTA Interview

GTA
Morgantown, WV

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at West Virginia University in August 2013.

Interview Details – Multiple phone interviews after acceptance. Panel interview the first day.

Interview Question – What do you plan to research for your Masters Thesis.   Answer Question

Communications Intern Interview

Communications Intern
Morgantown, WV

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at West Virginia University in May 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process was really simple. I submitted my resume to HR, I was given a call by my now supervisor, the VP of Communications, and he asked me to come in for an interview. I interviewed with him and one of his other employees. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and they asked me about my experiences in and out of class. I informed them that I had to make a decision about another internship by the next day, however that I preferred to work for them, and they let me know within 24 hours that I was hired. Over all a very good experience.

Interview Question – They asked my about my experience with web design and I had not had any.   Answer Question

Professional Technologist II Interview

Professional Technologist II
Morgantown, WV

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at West Virginia University in July 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interviews are always first then personal interviews.

Interview Question – Tell us about some of the project you have accomplished.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very long. I was a temp for a while. HR gave us grief with the job description.

Student Interview

Student
Morgantown, WV

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at West Virginia University in September 2013.

Interview Details – Be sophisticated

Interview Question – What are your credentials?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Great opportunity

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant

Interviewed at West Virginia University

Interview Details – Applied online through the university. It's easy to get accepted as long as you have a decent G.P.A. and good rapport with professors.

Night Staff Supervisor Interview

Night Staff Supervisor

Interview Details – simple process

Interview Question – all questions are ok and easy to respond   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Morgantown, WV

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at West Virginia University in February 2010.

Interview Details – Very easy, applied to the school online. They got back to me in a timely manner. Were very helpful in setting me up, helped me pick a research topic and supported me and allowed for timely completion of my research.

Interviews for Top Jobs at West Virginia University

Worked for West Virginia University? Contribute to the Community!