West Virginia University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant

Interviewed at West Virginia University

Interview Details – This position was offered as part of my scholarship for attending the graduate program. As in most cases receiving the offer was directly tied to my application to graduate school. I did not have to but I visited the department months before I was offered the position officially and had a brief discussion with the director. After that they based my assignment on the skills I described in my resume.

Interview Question – Knowing what sort of research I was interested in working in order to properly assign me to a faculty member.   Answer Question

GTA Interview

GTA
Morgantown, WV

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at West Virginia University in August 2013.

Interview Details – Multiple phone interviews after acceptance. Panel interview the first day.

Interview Question – What do you plan to research for your Masters Thesis.   Answer Question

Communications Intern Interview

Communications Intern
Morgantown, WV

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at West Virginia University in May 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process was really simple. I submitted my resume to HR, I was given a call by my now supervisor, the VP of Communications, and he asked me to come in for an interview. I interviewed with him and one of his other employees. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and they asked me about my experiences in and out of class. I informed them that I had to make a decision about another internship by the next day, however that I preferred to work for them, and they let me know within 24 hours that I was hired. Over all a very good experience.

Interview Question – They asked my about my experience with web design and I had not had any.   Answer Question

Professional Technologist II Interview

Professional Technologist II
Morgantown, WV

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at West Virginia University in July 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interviews are always first then personal interviews.

Interview Question – Tell us about some of the project you have accomplished.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very long. I was a temp for a while. HR gave us grief with the job description.

Student Interview

Student
Morgantown, WV

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at West Virginia University in September 2013.

Interview Details – Be sophisticated

Interview Question – What are your credentials?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Great opportunity

Very Easy Interview

Morgantown, WV

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at West Virginia University in February 2010.

Interview Details – Very easy, applied to the school online. They got back to me in a timely manner. Were very helpful in setting me up, helped me pick a research topic and supported me and allowed for timely completion of my research.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant
Morgantown, WV

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at West Virginia University.

Interview Details – they talk to you and see your strengths and your ability to communicate, they see you one by one and then they go out with you for lunch and then invite you for a presentation about your work and knowledge and students plus faculty ask you questions

Interview Question – There wasn't anything unexpected   Answer Question

Morgantown, WV

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at West Virginia University in January 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted by the professor and scheduled for an interview and labs tour. Interview was a grilling session on the technical aspects of mechanical engineering basics, materials, fuel cells (primary area of research). Resume review and questions all the past experience I had. Next round a ppt on my academic projects and followed by questionnaire.

Interview Question – Explain detail roles of each component of a SOFC?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, its fixed scolarship.

Lecturer Interview

Lecturer
Morgantown, WV

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at West Virginia University.

Interview Details – There was no formal interview; I was already familiar with the department from prior experience. I was asked when I could begin working.

Interview Question – Again, no formal interview.   Answer Question

Morgantown, WV

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at West Virginia University in August 2009.

Interview Details – First I sent my transcrip resume, personal statement and CV to West Virginia University, after they review my documents, they gave me an interview. I am interviewed by my advisor, the graduate director and the dean in the department. They ask me a couple of technique questions to judge my major background. I responded with a satisfying answer. Finally they decided to hire me.

Interview Question – Why do you think you are qualify for our master student here?   Answer Question

Worked for West Virginia University? Contribute to the Community!