West Virginia University Interview Questions in West Virginia

Updated Mar 8, 2015

2.4

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

This position was offered as part of my scholarship for attending the graduate program. As in most cases receiving the offer was directly tied to my application to graduate school. I did not have to but I visited the department months before I was offered the position officially and had a brief discussion with the director. After that they based my assignment on the skills I described in my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Knowing what sort of research I was interested in working in order to properly assign me to a faculty member.   Answer Question

Arts & Entertainment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at West Virginia University in March 2014.

Sit down with 3 interviewers. My immediate supervisor, then the managers above them. Very relaxed atmosphere with basic questions. The interview process went smoothly. You need to be prepared when coming into the interview. Being prepared is key and you have to stay relaxed.

Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at West Virginia University in September 2013.

Be sophisticated

Great opportunity

GTA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at West Virginia University in August 2013.

Multiple phone interviews after acceptance. Panel interview the first day.

Communications Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at West Virginia University in May 2013.

The hiring process was really simple. I submitted my resume to HR, I was given a call by my now supervisor, the VP of Communications, and he asked me to come in for an interview. I interviewed with him and one of his other employees. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and they asked me about my experiences in and out of class. I informed them that I had to make a decision about another internship by the next day, however that I preferred to work for them, and they let me know within 24 hours that I was hired. Over all a very good experience.

Interview Questions
    • They asked my about my experience with web design and I had not had any.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at West Virginia University.

they talk to you and see your strengths and your ability to communicate, they see you one by one and then they go out with you for lunch and then invite you for a presentation about your work and knowledge and students plus faculty ask you questions

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at West Virginia University.

There was no formal interview; I was already familiar with the department from prior experience. I was asked when I could begin working.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at West Virginia University in January 2012.

First we need to e-mail the respective person asking for any positions. If there is as availability, then the interviewer schedules an appointment with us. Then we need to attend the interview and if we are good at it, we will be selected.

We have no chance for negotiation.

Fund Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV
    Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at West Virginia University in August 2011.

I was interviewed by 5 individuals. The group had a list of questions they went through so quickly that they couldn't have been listening to my answers. They didn't ask any follow up questions or for any additional information. I believe I was the candidate that met a legal requirement. I asked about the culture of the department and the response was that they have parties on peoples birthdays. Not what I would have expected from a department within a well known university.

Interview Questions
    • How did you prepare for this interview?   View Answer

Professional Technologist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at West Virginia University in July 2011.

Phone interviews are always first then personal interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about some of the project you have accomplished.   View Answer
    Very long. I was a temp for a while. HR gave us grief with the job description.