West Virginia University Interview Questions in West Virginia

Updated Jul 4, 2015

2.4

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

Interview

This position was offered as part of my scholarship for attending the graduate program. As in most cases receiving the offer was directly tied to my application to graduate school. I did not have to but I visited the department months before I was offered the position officially and had a brief discussion with the director. After that they based my assignment on the skills I described in my resume.

Interview Questions

• Knowing what sort of research I was interested in working in order to properly assign me to a faculty member.   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at West Virginia University (Morgantown, WV) in May 2014.

Interview

The interviewing process was relatively brief. The position was focused on being a resource to engineering students so the questions were primarily related to the topics of to be studied. Both interviewers were very friendly and easy to contact during the hiring process

Arts & Entertainment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at West Virginia University (Morgantown, WV) in March 2014.

Interview

Sit down with 3 interviewers. My immediate supervisor, then the managers above them. Very relaxed atmosphere with basic questions. The interview process went smoothly. You need to be prepared when coming into the interview. Being prepared is key and you have to stay relaxed.

Graduate Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at West Virginia University (Morgantown, WV) in September 2013.

Interview

Notifications for the positions were broadcasted. I applied for the position. Resume filterations are done and some times references are helpful. Called for the interview on so and so day and time. Its a one on one interview.

Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at West Virginia University (Morgantown, WV) in September 2013.

Interview

Be sophisticated

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Great opportunity

GTA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at West Virginia University (Morgantown, WV) in August 2013.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews after acceptance. Panel interview the first day.

Communications Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at West Virginia University (Morgantown, WV) in May 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was really simple. I submitted my resume to HR, I was given a call by my now supervisor, the VP of Communications, and he asked me to come in for an interview. I interviewed with him and one of his other employees. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and they asked me about my experiences in and out of class. I informed them that I had to make a decision about another internship by the next day, however that I preferred to work for them, and they let me know within 24 hours that I was hired. Over all a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked my about my experience with web design and I had not had any.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at West Virginia University (Morgantown, WV).

Interview

they talk to you and see your strengths and your ability to communicate, they see you one by one and then they go out with you for lunch and then invite you for a presentation about your work and knowledge and students plus faculty ask you questions

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at West Virginia University (Morgantown, WV).

Interview

There was no formal interview; I was already familiar with the department from prior experience. I was asked when I could begin working.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at West Virginia University (Morgantown, WV) in January 2012.

Interview

First we need to e-mail the respective person asking for any positions. If there is as availability, then the interviewer schedules an appointment with us. Then we need to attend the interview and if we are good at it, we will be selected.

Negotiation

We have no chance for negotiation.