WestJet

22 candidate interviews

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at WestJet in July 2010.

Interview Details – Despite Westjet's slogan that the staff are fun and friendly...I found it to be the complete opposite when it comes to requesting for company information and an information interview. Information interview is a process where an individual wants to learn more about a company that's beyond what is written on their website, and usually one would request no more than 15 min of their time to ask questions about the company process, philosophies. An information interview is NOT a desparate plead for employment. I was stonewalled by the receptionist, and she absolutely refused to give out any company information or allow me to talk to someone else that would know more about the area that I am interested in (safety). I decided to try again at the encouragement of my job coach. When I called again, a new receptionist that seems have just started and unfamiliar with the Westjet way, transferred me to the Safety Evaluation department, and a lady answered the call. After I am communicated to her that I am looking for an Information Interview she immediately HUNG UP on me!! I even called back just in case it was a technical glitch, and left a message. I never got a call back. It has been about a month now.

I did quite a few information interviews with other companies before, whether it's face to face or over the phone. I never seen this type of resistance to request for more information. Apparently, when I talked to other people, westjet has a reputation for being very secretive, and the receptionist stonewalling those callers wanting more information. This leads me to believe that they got something to hide, and that is never a good sign. Since it is not just one person, this type of rude behavior must be encouraged from the very top of their organizational hierrachy. I have since given up as I don't want to work with such rude, non-transparent organization.

Interview Question – I am interested in learning more about your company, can I set up an information interview with you? (Over the phone)   View Answer

Pilot Interview

Pilot
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at WestJet in May 2013.

Interview Details – Online application. Technical examination consisting of 20 questions, one is long form the other 19 are multiple choice. The interview starts with the team introducing themselves and then they ask you to tell them about yourself. Behavioral questions, for example tell me about a time... questions. Presentation, then a scenario based question on conflict resolution.

Interview Question – Scenario: You just completed your external aircraft inspection and when you return to the cockpit, the head flight attendant stops you and begins to berate you in front of the other crew members. He/she is upset that you did not help with the cabin inspection on a quick turn. How do you deal with this? The flight attendant will not let it go and the passengers are boarding.   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at WestJet.

Interview Details – Electronic Application Submission
-Recruiting Pre-Screening
-Manager & Recruiting Review
-Interviews (don't be alarmed by the casual attire of the recruiter and employees)
-Follow-up Interviews If Necessary

Interview Question – Be prepared for situational behaviour interview questions. Come prepared enough that you have examples of things like "tell me a time when you overcame an obstacle to a required task" or "tell me a time when you didn't agree with someone else and how that played out", etc., etc.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pilot Interview

Pilot

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at WestJet in January 2012.

Interview Details – Great place to work, friendly environment .

Interview Question – Do you believe in your self.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at WestJet in July 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter - phone and in-person, VP - phone and in-person (plus other VPs), EVP and directs in-person, psychologist. Lengthy but thorough process with two visits to the campus. Everyone was very friendly and appreciative of my time. Very professional and very 'WestJet-y'. These are smart people who know their business.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiation. The offer was solid, and didn't leave much room for negotiation.

Team Leader Or Manager Airport Interview

Team Leader Or Manager Airport
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WestJet.

Interview Details – Phone Interview to assess ability and salary match
A group interview where you work closely with a group on a task and present the end result as a team
 2 interviews in a one on one situation with very in-depth behavioral interview questions. They are watching your body language, presentation of attire and how you answer questions.
If you do your homework on the culture at Westjet and you are well prepared with viable scenarios that will wow them.. you have a good shot.
Back ground check and then an offer

Interview Question – Tell us about a project with a team that did not go the way you thought? What was this project and how did you turn this into a positive experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Good, No salary increase but offered additional vacation

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Systems Analyst
Calgary, AB (Canada)

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call after 2 months. Received an interview schedule and it went well. Had invited once more to meet with the entire team. Received an offer for the position but declined the offer.

Interview Question – A common question such as situational problem that you had that relates to an environment that you are supporting   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Customer Service Agent

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at WestJet in May 2012.

Interview Details – the hiring and interview process is quite simple, most questions are based on the format of a" situation, tasks, actions and reaction". when prepared, it goes like a breeze, the interviewers are very friendly and they do take notes of the candidates experience all along. It does not take long to get a feedback after the interview whether, it is for a yes or a thanks, but no thanks.

Interview Question – finish this sentence: "i don't like it when customers..."   View Answer

Instructional Designer III Interview

Instructional Designer III
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at WestJet in January 2010.

Interview Details – Employee referral, phone interview, interview with HR and Manager, second less formal interview over coffee with 2 designers. Overall people extremely friendly and knowledgeable. Good HR team.

Interview Question – Basic Behavior based interview questions relating to previous design projects   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Met my salary expectations

Administrative Interview

Administrative
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at WestJet in June 2009.

Interview Details – I moved to this position from another position within WestJet. The interview process is good, mostly behavioural based. I find these questions a little harder than need be.

Interview Question – Name a time where something didn't turn out the way you wanted and how did you change it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation you basically take what you are given

Interviews for Top Jobs at WestJet

Worked for WestJet? Contribute to the Community!