WestJet

Updated Dec 27, 2014

3.1

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at WestJet in July 2010.

Despite Westjet's slogan that the staff are fun and friendly...I found it to be the complete opposite when it comes to requesting for company information and an information interview. Information interview is a process where an individual wants to learn more about a company that's beyond what is written on their website, and usually one would request no more than 15 min of their time to ask questions about the company process, philosophies. An information interview is NOT a desparate plead for employment. I was stonewalled by the receptionist, and she absolutely refused to give out any company information or allow me to talk to someone else that would know more about the area that I am interested in (safety). I decided to try again at the encouragement of my job coach. When I called again, a new receptionist that seems have just started and unfamiliar with the Westjet way, transferred me to the Safety Evaluation department, and a lady answered the call. After I am communicated to her that I am looking for an Information Interview she immediately HUNG UP on me!! I even called back just in case it was a technical glitch, and left a message. I never got a call back. It has been about a month now.

I did quite a few information interviews with other companies before, whether it's face to face or over the phone. I never seen this type of resistance to request for more information. Apparently, when I talked to other people, westjet has a reputation for being very secretive, and the receptionist stonewalling those callers wanting more information. This leads me to believe that they got something to hide, and that is never a good sign. Since it is not just one person, this type of rude behavior must be encouraged from the very top of their organizational hierrachy. I have since given up as I don't want to work with such rude, non-transparent organization.

Interview Questions
    • I am interested in learning more about your company, can I set up an information interview with you? (Over the phone)   View Answer

Pilot Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at WestJet in January 2012.

Great place to work, friendly environment .

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at WestJet in July 2012.

Recruiter - phone and in-person, VP - phone and in-person (plus other VPs), EVP and directs in-person, psychologist. Lengthy but thorough process with two visits to the campus. Everyone was very friendly and appreciative of my time. Very professional and very 'WestJet-y'. These are smart people who know their business.

Interview Questions
    Very little negotiation. The offer was solid, and didn't leave much room for negotiation.

Pilot Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WestJet in May 2013.

Online application. Technical examination consisting of 20 questions, one is long form the other 19 are multiple choice. The interview starts with the team introducing themselves and then they ask you to tell them about yourself. Behavioral questions, for example tell me about a time... questions. Presentation, then a scenario based question on conflict resolution.

Interview Questions
    • Scenario: You just completed your external aircraft inspection and when you return to the cockpit, the head flight attendant stops you and begins to berate you in front of the other crew members. He/she is upset that you did not help with the cabin inspection on a quick turn. How do you deal with this? The flight attendant will not let it go and the passengers are boarding.   View Answer

Team Leader Or Manager Airport Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WestJet.

Phone Interview to assess ability and salary match
    A group interview where you work closely with a group on a task and present the end result as a team
     2 interviews in a one on one situation with very in-depth behavioral interview questions. They are watching your body language, presentation of attire and how you answer questions.
    If you do your homework on the culture at Westjet and you are well prepared with viable scenarios that will wow them.. you have a good shot.
    Back ground check and then an offer

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a project with a team that did not go the way you thought? What was this project and how did you turn this into a positive experience   Answer Question
    Good, No salary increase but offered additional vacation

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at WestJet.

Electronic Application Submission
    -Recruiting Pre-Screening
    -Manager & Recruiting Review
    -Interviews (don't be alarmed by the casual attire of the recruiter and employees)
    -Follow-up Interviews If Necessary

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared for situational behaviour interview questions. Come prepared enough that you have examples of things like "tell me a time when you overcame an obstacle to a required task" or "tell me a time when you didn't agree with someone else and how that played out", etc., etc.   Answer Question

AME Interview

I applied online – interviewed at WestJet.

Applied online got an Email saying that there will be a phone interview which was based on personality test mostly.After that they fly you to Calgary and do a panel interview which is basically a behaviourial based interview no technical questions for AME'S.Once done they will call your references and after that got the job.

No Negotiation

TAC Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at WestJet in April 2014.

I'm not sure if there was much judgment going on during the group interview portion. We introduced ourselves to the group and said 2 truths and 1 lie. One of the tasks: Prioritize items to bring on a life raft. Answers in the one-to-one interview were not as important as behaviour. I remained conversational.

Interview Questions
    Not negotiable. Same offer for all new hires as far as I could tell.

CSA Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at WestJet in May 2010.

The phone interview was brief, 5 min or so. Basically to check availability and to make sure I wasn't obviously not right for the job. Group interview fun, nerve racking, wasn't sure what they were looking for - lots of observation. A couple of people really took over. Wonder if they got hired? Would like the heads up fo r the group interviews beforehand although I guess they're also looking at your comfort level and how you handle stress of the unknown.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WestJet in May 2013.

Applied online and got a call after 2 months. Received an interview schedule and it went well. Had invited once more to meet with the entire team. Received an offer for the position but declined the offer.

Interview Questions
    • A common question such as situational problem that you had that relates to an environment that you are supporting   Answer Question