WestJet

22 candidate interviews

Customer Service Manager Interview

Customer Service Manager

Interviewed at WestJet

Interview Details – The hiring process was not very professional. The interviewers ended up bickering with each other. A full out gossip fest. I was not impressed. They were very confusing and kept wanting me to submit different answers for the same questions. Trying to show favoritism between the two. I would suggest that they correlate and make sure that the interviewers are in sync with each other before they start the interview process.

Interview Question – What would you do if you had to make a citizen's arrest??   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Airport Agent Interview

Airport Agent
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WestJet in September 2011.

Interview Details – Left me a voiemail to call back for Telephone interview. The interview was very brief. Less than 5 minutes.

Interview Question – All questions were general interview questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at WestJet.

Interview Details – Group interview - over 100 people. Was very relaxed, fun atmosphere. The WestJet staff were very kind and friendly and the event was actually a lot of fun. We were split into 3 groups and the whole thing lasted at 4 hours. Everyone has a one-on-one interview which is very casual and lasts about 15-20 minutes. They ask me about my customer service experience, why I wanted to work at WestJet and they asked me a few other scenario questions. When back with my group we did different 'games'. One was that everyone had to stand up and say what you would put in a time capsule and why then they would ask you a question and you had to talk about your answer for 60 seconds. Another was a game where you were split into groups and had to connect by hands and untangle yourselves then they questioned you afterwards about who came out as the leader and why, etc... Another involved current flight attendants and you could ask them any questions you had. Then they had an information session where they talked about the pay and job and what in entailed.

Interview Questions

• Scenario - If you noticed your fellow flight attendant being rude or short with a passenger, what would you do?   Answer Question
  • Tell me a situation where you were very busy and were then asked to take on another task, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WestJet in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on-line on their website on Monday March 24th 2014, on Tuesday the following day got an email inviting me to an interview for that Sat the 29th. Super excited. Researched the company and its routes, A/C and such. The interview process was 3 hours. Started with a group activities and group introductions. there was 26 of us to start with. After the intro's we were split into two groups of 13 people and the first group went to one-on-one intierviews and the second group stayed behind and participated in some group activities.. '60 seconds of fame' - they give you a topic and you have 60 seconds to talk about it - mainly to see your attitude, your language skills and how you handle being put on the spot. Questions could be "you've just hit someone's car in the parking lot but noone saw it - what would you do?" or "you just learned that you've been schedule one extra shift that falls on your day off that you've made big plans for - how do you handle that obsticle?" - Once the people that are doing one-on-one are done then you switch and your one-on-one takes place.
During that interview they ask behavioral questions... "tell me about a time, that you've had a negative situation and you've made it positive". After all the one-on-one are done the information session takes place. THis is the part where they inform you about the job, how it works, scheduling, how to pick up extra days if you like, days off, bidding, vacation and compensation. They also open the floor for questions so you can ask them to clarify things for you. And that conclude the interview session

Interview Question – 1.Give me an example as to when you've broken an SOP, but believed to be justified?
2.Why do you want to be a Flight Attendant?
  View Answer

TAC Agent Interview

TAC Agent
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at WestJet in April 2014.

Interview Details – I'm not sure if there was much judgment going on during the group interview portion. We introduced ourselves to the group and said 2 truths and 1 lie. One of the tasks: Prioritize items to bring on a life raft. Answers in the one-to-one interview were not as important as behaviour. I remained conversational.

Interview Question – What would you bring on a life raft?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not negotiable. Same offer for all new hires as far as I could tell.

Aircraft Material Coordinator Interview

Aircraft Material Coordinator
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WestJet in December 2012.

Interview Details – Initial communication consisted of a relatively brief phone interview. In person interview consisted mainly of behaviour based questioning. Example: "Please describe to us a time when you had to mediate conflict in the workplace."

Interview Question – If you have difficulty thinking on the fly and recalling specific situations that apply to the behaviour based questioning, you will find the whole interview difficult. You need to be able to clearly outline the situation that you encountered, the task you needed to complete, the actions you took to complete that task, the result of your actions and finally how it could relate to the position you are applying for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase to speak of. This is a fairly low level position, with no direct reports, and plenty of applicants every time a spot opens up.

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WestJet in May 2011.

Interview Details – A lot about going above and beyond customer service. Referrals very valuable. Phone interview, group interview and small one a one talk.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you went above and beyond for a client   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is not much to negotiate.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WestJet in October 2009.

Interview Details – One interview was conducted with an HR representative and a peer from the frontline included in the room. It was a casual and comfortable interview consisting of behavioural type questions only. No questions were too difficult, they just want to see how you will treat customers and coworkers.

Interview Question – Explain a situation where you had to deal with a dissatisfied customer and how did you handle the problem?   Answer Question

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at WestJet.

Interview Details – Phone interview, group interview, one on one interview.

Interview Question – I honeslty can't remember much, but alot of behavioural based questions to see who you really are.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary is very low to start, but rises fast.

Customer Service Agent

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at WestJet in May 2012.

Interview Details – the hiring and interview process is quite simple, most questions are based on the format of a" situation, tasks, actions and reaction". when prepared, it goes like a breeze, the interviewers are very friendly and they do take notes of the candidates experience all along. It does not take long to get a feedback after the interview whether, it is for a yes or a thanks, but no thanks.

Interview Question – finish this sentence: "i don't like it when customers..."   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at WestJet

Worked for WestJet? Contribute to the Community!