WestJet Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

3.1

Customer Service Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at WestJet (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Got a call for a phone interview, then invited for group a few days later. During the group there was about 15 of us, and 4 recruiters who watched us do various activities, and asked us different questions etc. We has 60 seconds in the spotlight, get to know ice breaker and another group activity. Personal interview was conducted very informally, and some of the behavioural questions were irrelevant. Overall was not impressed with the interview, took over 2 hours!

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with an unhappy customer?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at WestJet in February 2015.

Interview

I received the interview e-mail about a month after applying saying that they wished to interview me on the phone first. The phone interview was short and basic. There was two situational questions asked as well as other basic questions. I was told the interview was the next day and I attended. The next day I arrived with a group of about fourteen (14) other people.There were four (4) recruiters and they all watch you like hawks for your personality. We were all arranged around a conference table and were asked to perform certain activities. WestJet doesn't necessarily hire for experience but more for a friendly personality. 1) A basic introductory. 2) You get a piece of paper with a topic to talk about in front of everyone for 30 seconds. 3) You get a piece of paper with words and you go around the room asking everyone if they did this to get to know them better. 4) Get in a group and try to sell an item to a customer. (EG. Selling snowplows to Hawaiians). After that, everyone left the room and we were all called individually to 1:1 interview. The questions were easy. And the woman that interviewed me was very friendly and I did not feel one bit nervous as the group activities helped everyone to do so. I was told I would hear back in three (3) weeks after the interview was done.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work at WestJet? Q: Tell me about yourself?" Q: Tell me about a time that you gave outstanding customer service. Q: Tell me one thing that you won't like about this job. Q: Tell me about a time when you helped to resolve a problem of an unhappy customer.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at WestJet (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in December 2011.

Interview

The process was predictable and kind of fun, the first interview was phone for basics like salary expectations. The second very traditional behavioural questions and the third was actually learning more about the role and skill set with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a project that didn't go well and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at WestJet.

Interview

The interview was composed of a one on one interview and a group interview. During the one on one portion, your work experience is reviewed and 3 behaviour questions are asked. Then you proceed to the group interview. There were 25 candidates in the room and we were asked to introduce ourselves and answer one of 2 questions during our introduction. For the next part, we were given a topic and had to speak for one minute about that topic. 35 sets of eyes on you can and did make many people speechless! (There were about 10 managers/HR people in the room taking notes during the group portion). Westjet said it could take up to three weeks to hear back. The pay is low, but the travel benefits are amazing. It does sound like a great company to work for with a lot of room for advancement. My fingers are crossed!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a negative experience you had with an irate client and what you did to fix it?   Answer Question

AME Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at WestJet.

Interview

Applied online got an Email saying that there will be a phone interview which was based on personality test mostly.After that they fly you to Calgary and do a panel interview which is basically a behaviourial based interview no technical questions for AME'S.Once done they will call your references and after that got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WestJet (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online and got a call after 2 months. Received an interview schedule and it went well. Had invited once more to meet with the entire team. Received an offer for the position but declined the offer.

Interview Questions

• A common question such as situational problem that you had that relates to an environment that you are supporting   Answer Question

Interview

The hiring process was not very professional. The interviewers ended up bickering with each other. A full out gossip fest. I was not impressed. They were very confusing and kept wanting me to submit different answers for the same questions. Trying to show favoritism between the two. I would suggest that they correlate and make sure that the interviewers are in sync with each other before they start the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had to make a citizen's arrest??   Answer Question

TAC Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at WestJet (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

I'm not sure if there was much judgment going on during the group interview portion. We introduced ourselves to the group and said 2 truths and 1 lie. One of the tasks: Prioritize items to bring on a life raft. Answers in the one-to-one interview were not as important as behaviour. I remained conversational.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not negotiable. Same offer for all new hires as far as I could tell.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WestJet (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied on-line on their website on Monday March 24th 2014, on Tuesday the following day got an email inviting me to an interview for that Sat the 29th. Super excited. Researched the company and its routes, A/C and such. The interview process was 3 hours. Started with a group activities and group introductions. there was 26 of us to start with. After the intro's we were split into two groups of 13 people and the first group went to one-on-one intierviews and the second group stayed behind and participated in some group activities.. '60 seconds of fame' - they give you a topic and you have 60 seconds to talk about it - mainly to see your attitude, your language skills and how you handle being put on the spot. Questions could be "you've just hit someone's car in the parking lot but noone saw it - what would you do?" or "you just learned that you've been schedule one extra shift that falls on your day off that you've made big plans for - how do you handle that obsticle?" - Once the people that are doing one-on-one are done then you switch and your one-on-one takes place. During that interview they ask behavioral questions... "tell me about a time, that you've had a negative situation and you've made it positive". After all the one-on-one are done the information session takes place. THis is the part where they inform you about the job, how it works, scheduling, how to pick up extra days if you like, days off, bidding, vacation and compensation. They also open the floor for questions so you can ask them to clarify things for you. And that conclude the interview session

Interview Questions

• 1.Give me an example as to when you've broken an SOP, but believed to be justified? 2.Why do you want to be a Flight Attendant?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at WestJet (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Electronic Application Submission -Recruiting Pre-Screening -Manager & Recruiting Review -Interviews (don't be alarmed by the casual attire of the recruiter and employees) -Follow-up Interviews If Necessary

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for situational behaviour interview questions. Come prepared enough that you have examples of things like "tell me a time when you overcame an obstacle to a required task" or "tell me a time when you didn't agree with someone else and how that played out", etc., etc.   Answer Question