WestPoint Financial

WestPoint Financial Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at WestPoint Financial

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at WestPoint Financial in August 2014.

Interview

Went to their office and was brought into a conference room where a recruiter essentially just explained the job details; what it entails, what you will be doing, what the work environment is like, the training, etc. No technical questions asked, mostly just asked about me and why i want to work here.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to this company that would make me want to hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WestPoint Financial (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2014.

Interview

Three interview process- 1st is a phone interview and the other two are in person. Pretty easy interview and none of the questions were too difficult. Nice people in the office and a good environment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at WestPoint Financial.

Interview

I interviewed through my campus recruiting office. The interview was relatively easy going. The process was more of a conversation than an interview. The recruiter asked some questions about my resume, but mostly talked about the company history with me. I then was asked to interview at their office. The second interview was pretty similar to the first. More of a conversation than an interview. I decided to not pursue the position after the second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at WestPoint Financial (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2013.

Interview

3-4 interviews depending on the candidate and their credentials. Phone interview first, which is extremely basic (Mine lasted about 5 minutes.) Then a pretty basic interview in person outlining the job. The other two interviews focus more on what you bring as a candidate, and what kind of prospects you have for building a client base. However, even after this process, neither WestPoint nor myself were able to see that I was a poor candidate for the position, as I was offered and accepted a job.

Interview Questions

• What kind of client prospects do you have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The position is based entirely on sales commissions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WestPoint Financial (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2011.

Interview

First you'll interview with a recruiter, most of the time they're former insurance sales agents whose job it is to sell the position to you. Then you'll interview with a partner in charge of recruiting and the marketing manager. They'll ask you to provide a list of 150-200 people you know and do 15 in-person surveys.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There isn't much negotiation. If they think you know enough people to sell to, they'll hire you.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WestPoint Financial in July 2011.

Interview

The interview process at WestPoint was really structured. The company provides the interviewee with written information to review after each interview. The first booklet gives you information about the company and its broker Mass Mutual. The second interview is with a partner who handles recruiting. The third interview takes place after both have had a chance to review information and see if the union would be a good fit. Before you start your initial training you have to provide market development & basic information that helps the company to tailor training.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some of the other companies that you have worked for in the past?   Answer Question
    • What are some of the characteristics you possess that fit with the demands of this industry and agency?   Answer Question