WestStar Mortgage

Updated Oct 24, 2014

1.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at WestStar Mortgage

Loan Officder Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at WestStar Mortgage.

Very laid back, production assistant first, then to LO. Not too intimidating either, family like atmosphere. Seems like a very team oriented atmosphere, which is great in my mind. Very fair, and they kind of sell you the dream.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at WestStar Mortgage in May 2014.

Lying recruiters posing as developers, and then after you make time and go in there, they want you to take the skills test that nobody will take. They were simply not honest, and wanted someone who could help fix old mainframe systems and also develop in VB.Net. They are clearly broke with terrible management. They also said they had in-house and external clients, and I was not sure what that meant.

Interview Questions
    • They don't ask any questions in the interview, they are only trying to lure people to take a written test. They know that if they lead with the written test, people will just decline at that point.   Answer Question

I declined the offer to be checked out by a 3rd party company. I got the feeling the whole process was a lie.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daphne, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daphne, AL

The process took a dayinterviewed at WestStar Mortgage in January 2011.

the interview process was somewhat normal asking for the usual things both myself and the interviewer

not a good fit for what i was looking for