Westamerica

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

CSM Interview

CSM

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Westamerica.

Interview Details – I would never work for this company!! Went through several interviews for a CSM position in the Bay Area. Recruiters are amazing and the district manager is an awesome person, however the regional manager is an older person stuck with a 1950's mentality. Mind you I have over 10 years experience as an accomplished manager she was stuck on the fact that I had changed banks 3 times in a 10 year time frame. The process was 6 months because they couldn't make up their minds. I'm so glad I didn't join them, I just wished I didn't waste all this time!!

Interview Questions

Customer Service Manager Interview

Customer Service Manager
Novato, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Westamerica.

Interview Details – Applied online, with no response. Applied for a different position a month later, which I was not qualified for. Asked about the first position, after 1 month without a response. Was interviewed on a Friday by 3 RSMs at once, was hired the same day, started work the following Monday. Was told a "story" about why corporate titles are not given when hired, and exaggerated incentive compensation about previous manager who had long-term stable staff, which didn't compare to the ability to earn incentive with a brand new staff.

Teller II Interview

Teller II

I applied online and interviewed at Westamerica.

Interview Details – Initial contact, after filling out the application, is done through a recruiter who will call you from the Westamerica Bank headquarters.
This is then followed up by a telephone interview which you can schedule during initial contact or choose to conduct the interview during time of initial contact. This interview consists of typical questions to gauge your interest in the position. Asks about previous experience, cash handling, etc.
After the phone interview all applicants are sent to a testing site where they are tested on basic math skills in a timed setting. Multiple choice questions will be asked. calculator use allowed
After math test applicants are interviewed by branch manager(s), personally i was interviewed by two different branch managers who conducted the interviews. Questions mostly geared towards your ability to "sell" their products to clients.
Lots of background checks but no drug tests.
NO DRUG TESTING

Interview Question – What is something you were very passionate about?   View Answer

Teller III Interview

Teller III

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Westamerica.

Interview Details – I applied nonlinear with no response, bit when I went into the branch I was given an interview with a small test.

Interview Question – What os one failure you had at your last job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Always ask for more than they offer for your salary.

Loan Services Supervisor Interview

Loan Services Supervisor
Fairfield, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Westamerica in September 2010.

Interview Details – The Manager was in a hurry. Didn't seem to have time for me. My best guess is the decision had already been made and the interview was just a formality because I was internal.

Interview Question – Do you know what ____, _____, ____?   View Answer

Staff Interview

Staff
Fairfield, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Westamerica in November 2010.

Interview Details – Met the company recruiter at a job fair on a Thursday. Handed resume as they were not conducting interviews at site.
Was called 2 business days later. Setup phone interview for next day.
Next day. Phone interview. Went well, asked basic questions for position mostly personality towards the end.
Was called again 1 day later scheduled for in person interview.
Was called again 2 days later and offered position.

Interview Question – How have you handled situations that were extremely urgent when you had other tasks to complete that were also important.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Westamerica? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Westamerica interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Westamerica employees and interview candidates.