Westat Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2015

2.5

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westat.

Interview

The interview was with 5 people. One person did a little introduction about Westat. I met with various project managers for the remainder of the interview. They did not ask a lot of specific skills related to the job questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any research experience.   1 Answer

Data Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Westat (Rockville, MD).

Interview

Received a phone call, a phone interview, than two in person interviews. The recruiter had not read my resume and kept me waiting half an hour pay or scheduled appointment, the hiring manager was late to the interview, another one was plain rude and behaved as if didn't know why we were there... After the interview, i emailed the recruiter numerous times, and the one hiring manger who gave me a card. I was ignored for three weeks. I am very surprised that their data management can stay afloat since that requires a lot of attention to detail and follow up... I ain't working in such a place than you very much.

Interview Questions

• The usual template interview questions   1 Answer

Field Interviewer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Westat.

Interview

Overall, the hiring process was not very intimidating. My future field supervisors interviewed me and was very sweet. They will verify recommendations. Just remember to be yourself and answer questions truthfully.

Interview Questions

• ?What kind of experience I had with survey assessments   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Westat (Rockville, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

Took a month from application until a recruiter called to set up an interview. Interviewed in person/teleconference by 4 people back to back. Took 2 hours. Not difficult at all. Interviewers were friendly. Unfortunately the job was not an RA position at all.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weaknesses? Why do you want this job? Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Westat.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to do a phone screen, did an on site interview with leadership and staff members, and shortly after called about an offer. From the date I applied to the offer, it took around 6 weeks, they moved very quickly. I ended up declining the position because the manager was very pushy and unprofessional and provided details after the fact that contradicted prior comments. I increasingly had a bad feeling this position/place throughout the post-interview/offer process. The most unprofessional thing was agreeing to reimburse me for travel expenses, which were high since I don't live in the area, but not doing so. I have since emailed HR 3 times, and they never respond to my calls or emails - obviously they do not stand behind their words and commitments. I do not recommend working/interviewing here unless you have money to burn, there are better research firms in the DC area

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult or surprising. They asked about my prior research experience and why I wanted to move to the area   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Westat (Rockville, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

Hired over the phone for low level field interviewer job. I made a couple of appointments with their staff via internet and we talked. Oddly enough, they weren't going to hire me because I was overqualified but then they changed their minds. The people who interviewed me were sort of nice which was not at all my experience with the company itself.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to explain why I wanted the job and other not too interesting questions. Perhaps the people who interviewed me could have given me a heads-up about what to expect.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Westat (Rockville, MD).

Interview

Traveled 7 hours at my own expense for the interview. A half hour before the interview, I received a call saying the time had been pushed back an hour. When I arrived, I had to wait an additional half hour before the interview began. The interview took 3 hours. I spoke with 5 different people, all of whom asked the same questions, mostly general questions about my resume. Following the interview, I heard nothing for 3 weeks before receiving a generic email telling me the position had been filled. I sent an email to the hiring manager requesting feedback on how I may have been a better candidate. After a week, the hiring manager responded with "We don't have any feedback." Disorganized, poorly managed interview process, low pay range, and stone-walling. Waste of time.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my resume   1 Answer

Locater/Interviewer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Westat.

Interview

I received a phone call. Was basically asked questions, the answers to which would have been very apparent from my resume. Interviewer seemed to want only short answers and at times talked over my answers. The interviewer aloso recited prepared paragraphs of info that had been collected in the application process. I did not receive an offer even though I have been doing the same kind of work for another large research company.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Westat in February 2015.

Interview

Phone screening with recruiter. Seemed very unprepared and the purpose was to go over the dates and degrees on my resume, which were also included in the application form you have to fill out. I was only asked three questions - two of which about salaries - which were probably just used to weed out candidates. Did not talk about the actual position at all.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter only asked me three questions? 1) Why do you want to work here? 2) What is your current salary? 3) What are your salary expectations for this position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Westat (Telephone, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

All on the phone. I was called and asked to do a phone interview on the spot. Then I talked with another field supervisor and felt pretty positive. I submitted references and they were checked. Then I heard absolutely nothing until I got a form e-mail saying I wasn't selected.