Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Westat
- Research Assistant (19)
- Field Interviewer (12)
- Research Associate (9)
- Research Analyst (4)
- Research Data Manager (2)
- Data Collector At Home (2)
- MCBS Field Interviewer (2)
- Telephone Interviewer (2)
- Study Manager (2)
- Data Manager (1)
- .NET Developer (1)
- Senior Study Director (1)
- Senior Systems Analyst (1)
- Physician Sciwntist (1)
- Health Study Manager (1)
- Data Management Assistant (1)
- Protocol Coordinator (1)
- Assessment Administrator/Exam Proctor (1)
- Telephone Research Center (1)
- Naep Help Desk Agent (1)
- Locater/Interviewer (1)
- Clerk/Data Entry (1)
- Survey Support Staff (1)
Telephone Interviewer Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Westat (Rockville, MD) in July 2009.
HR called me because I had applied for an unrelated position 3 months earlier through MD DLLR's site. There was a general interview and I was tested on my computer and microsoft office skills. About a week later, HR called me back for a second interview. I interviewed with the Project Mngr and a Dept Mngr. I didn't have any questions for them, and they had several positions open so they talked more about the project than the positions. I still got the job despite a roughly 20 min interview and walking out feeling ignorant.
- This was a potentially 20 year project and they asked if I would be alright with that. Other interviews I've had for later projects that I was a telephone interviewer for asked me to read a script on the spot and my understanding policies and procedures of related clients and topics. 1 Answer
I felt like I had no ground since the economy was terrible and I'd been unemployed for a while. I took what I was offered but I'd encourage other applicants to ask for a benefits package sooner - I had to wait 6 months and my understanding is that is something they may be flexible on.
Other Interview Reviews for Westat
Telephone Interviewer InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westat in June 2011.
Very nice people. They made me very comfortable talking. Nice experience.
- What do you want from the job? Answer Question