Western Digital Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

The interviewing process was very efficient and to the point. It consisted of an on-paper skills test, and 4 30-minute interview sessions with different engineers within the company. Interview questions mainly consisted of items listed on your resume. A lunch meeting takes place afterwards, and all of the employees seemed friendly and happy. Remain on guard, however; the lunch is an extension of the interview where they probe your personality traits.

If you do well on the written exam and can hold pleasant conversation with the engineers, you should receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with the stress of deadlines?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Western Digital

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Western Digital (Boulder, CO) in September 2011.

Interview

There was a few technical code problems to solve.
    People were kind and respectful.
    There were 5 people interviewing me. one for each hour.
    It was a combination of what did you do at your previous company... tell me about your self... why are you looking to work here...

Interview Questions

• Do you know what inheritance is? Can you give an example?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

The interview consisted of four main parts. Being interviewed by a Senior Software Developer was the opening. The interview then progressed into a 1 hour programming test, which tested knowledge on multiple concepts and intricacies. Thirdly, the actual manager came in and provided some interesting metaphors into the professional work life. Fourth, was interviewed by a panel of 3 others.

Interview Questions

• What would you do first if you were asked to design a system to track scores?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Western Digital (Longmont, CO) in November 2009.

Interview

Received call from recruiter who asked a few basic questions. Told to expect call in a few days for next steps if I was going to be considered for an interview.
    About five days later got a call to schedule interview for the following week.
    I got sick before the interview. They scheduled me for the last available interview slot/day to give me more time to recover.
    Interview was mostly one-on-one. Four different interviewers, one each hour with two together in one hour.
    I thought I did well in the interview, but later realized I did not "sell" my benefits to the company in a proactive way.
    Received call about a week later telling me I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you handled a conflict between two other people or groups.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

1 to 1 interview. 1 time Pass. Good working environment

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Western Digital in November 2011.

Interview

The interview process is fair but their offer package was not.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between TAG command queuing (SCSI) and NCQ (SATA)   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Western Digital in June 2011.

Interview

Professional

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Western Digital in March 2011.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a Human Resources representative who asked questions regarding my personality. I'm guessing this was just to check and see if I was even worth their time.

After this initial phone interview I went in for an interview which consisted of a 1:1 interview with 6 different people, at the end of these interviews I was given an hour long written test to test my technical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you have had to deal with a conflict between people.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Western Digital in December 2010.

Interview

Interview with department heads

Interview Questions

• Computer Science and Electrical Engineering Test was required   1 Answer

Negotiation

not much room for negotiation

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Western Digital in October 2010.

Interview

Have one-2-one interview with a couple of managers and lunch meeting (not easy to digest) and high management interview

Interview Questions

• Can you do coding feature A, here right now?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not really negotiation but just acecpt or decline the offer you get