Western Digital

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Western Digital in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interviewing process was very efficient and to the point. It consisted of an on-paper skills test, and 4 30-minute interview sessions with different engineers within the company. Interview questions mainly consisted of items listed on your resume. A lunch meeting takes place afterwards, and all of the employees seemed friendly and happy. Remain on guard, however; the lunch is an extension of the interview where they probe your personality traits.

If you do well on the written exam and can hold pleasant conversation with the engineers, you should receive an offer.

Interview Question – How do you deal with the stress of deadlines?   View Answer

Irvine, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Western Digital in October 2010.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of four main parts. Being interviewed by a Senior Software Developer was the opening. The interview then progressed into a 1 hour programming test, which tested knowledge on multiple concepts and intricacies. Thirdly, the actual manager came in and provided some interesting metaphors into the professional work life. Fourth, was interviewed by a panel of 3 others.

Interview Question – What would you do first if you were asked to design a system to track scores?   Answer Question

Longmont, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Western Digital in November 2009.

Interview Details – Received call from recruiter who asked a few basic questions. Told to expect call in a few days for next steps if I was going to be considered for an interview.
About five days later got a call to schedule interview for the following week.
I got sick before the interview. They scheduled me for the last available interview slot/day to give me more time to recover.
Interview was mostly one-on-one. Four different interviewers, one each hour with two together in one hour.
I thought I did well in the interview, but later realized I did not "sell" my benefits to the company in a proactive way.
Received call about a week later telling me I did not get the position.

Interview Question – Describe a time you handled a conflict between two other people or groups.   View Answer

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview Details – 1 to 1 interview. 1 time Pass. Good working environment

Interview Question – What and where will you be in 5 years?   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Western Digital in December 2010.

Interview Details – Interview with department heads

Interview Question – Computer Science and Electrical Engineering Test was required   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not much room for negotiation

Engineering

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Western Digital in September 2010.

Interview Details – Took about a day meeting several people one by one asking related questions

Interview Question – C programming; Static variable/function   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Western Digital in November 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process is fair but their offer package was not.

Interview Question – What is the difference between TAG command queuing (SCSI) and NCQ (SATA)   Answer Question

Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Western Digital in August 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with managers from different divisions.

Interview Question – Why quit former company   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Western Digital in June 2011.

Interview Details – Professional

Interview Question – Describe you experience, and career highlights   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Engineer

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Western Digital in May 2009.

Interview Details – the interview process gone through for 3 times.

Interview Question – Why do you want to change job?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Western Digital

Worked for Western Digital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Western Digital Engineering interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by Western Digital employees and interview candidates.