Western Digital Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.8

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

I had one 1-hour phone interview and a five hour on-site interview session with four back-to-back one on one interviews and a 90 minute written exam. The staff was very friendly, relaxed, easy-going, and helpful. Enjoyed the process. The technical questions were pretty straightforward (some coding problems, performing SQL queries, basic HTML). They asked a few conceptual questions too about basic data structures (linked lists, arrays, hash tables) and search algorithms.

Negotiation

I didn't realize I could have negotiated until later.

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview with HR about job description, went through resume, and was asked behavioral questions. Then had another phone interview with engineer and was asked about OOP, sorting algorithms, and more behavioral questions. On-site interview would have been next, but I was disappointed to find out that the job didn't involve me doing any programming.

Principal Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Western Digital in August 2013.

Interview

Being referred by a friend who works there, I was still shocked by the phone call from a HR specialist the next evening. It is very efficient for them to contact the candidate. Several questions were asked about my CV and then she asked when I can make an onsite interview. It's a pity that I have an one-month-long international travel in 3 days after the phone call. So I did not make it for the onsite interview.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Western Digital in August 2013.

Interview

Applied for position online and revived a screening phone call a couple of days later. Scheduled a phone interview a week later. Phone interview contained mostly behavioral questions and covered job history. Second interview was face to face with manager. After interview, was told I would be contacted in a week to do next steps. Never heard from manager, even after polite follow up. More than a month has passed since interview. No calls or emails were returned.

Interview Questions

• Give a situation with evidence in which you've gotten someone to trust you.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Interview

Submitted my resume on school career website. Got a call within a week.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

- casual phone interview - multi person interview panel - mostly non technical - basic understanding of programming

Negotiation

Accepted as is.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied online and got called in for a on site interview, the interview lasted for 3 hours and was interviewed by 6 people, half hour each. The first two of them went well but rest 4 were really bad.

Interview Questions

• even though knowing that i was from Electrical Engineering background they kept asking me core computer science algorithms which i didn't had much answer to. I don't remember exactly the questions but it was some hardcore algorithm they wanted me to come up with.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

interviewed at Western Digital in June 2013.

Interview

HR is very good and following up with you regarding all the interview requirements and also for the results. Interview was a total 3 hours long, 5 engineers interviewed me for 30 minutes each and half hour for HR representative. The Interview was mostly to discuss resume, work experience, academic project and skills that they would like to use in their project. A couple technical questions on C++, one electrical circuit problem and a few logical problem solving questions. Overall- a good experience

Electronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Interview was a 4 hour long process included a behavioral interview for lunch. Met with 5/6 interviewers who mostly asked mostly about what was on my resume. Few technical questions related to classes listed on resume and hypothetical behavioral situations.On technical question was what the difference was between response of square wave using AC Scope or DC scope.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about FFT what is the FFT of a pure sinusoid and what is the FFT of a random signal   Answer Question

Negotiation

Formal offer through email.

Electronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Western Digital (San Jose, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

2 rounds of phone interviews. First round is a behavioral interview. The second one is technical. Mainly about the projects on my resume. Many innovative problems around different projects.

Interview Questions

• How do you implement your filter into an communication system? What type will choose and why?   Answer Question