Western Digital Principal Engineer Interview Questions

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Principal Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Western Digital in August 2013.

Being referred by a friend who works there, I was still shocked by the phone call from a HR specialist the next evening. It is very efficient for them to contact the candidate. Several questions were asked about my CV and then she asked when I can make an onsite interview. It's a pity that I have an one-month-long international travel in 3 days after the phone call. So I did not make it for the onsite interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Western Digital

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Western Digital in April 2013.

8 1:1 interview each lasts 30 minutes. No presentation, no lunch. Very smooth process and very nice people. All tech questions are related to my resume. So make sure you can say a few things for everything you put in there. Strangely not many behavioral question.But if you have prepared, its defiantly going to help.

Interview Questions
    • Say my background does not match 100% to The job.   View Answer
    Did not negotiate.

Principal Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Western Digital.

8 different interviewers over 2 days. Interview process basically covered job expectations and suitability of the candidate to perform the job expectations. As the role being interviewed for requires a certain degree of experience, less emphasis was given towards the usual IQ / personality type questions, but focused more on job experience related ones.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think your current experience can benefit the roles described   Answer Question
    Once interview is over, HR team will proceed with the offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Western Digital.

A primary phone interview. This is followed by 6 1:1 interviews, all of the questions were based on my resume.
    As my profile was for electronic design, all questions were related to storage and digital design.
    Good atmosphere for work and they seem to have a dedicated team.

Interview Questions
    • Digital design and storage policies and principles. Know all the stuff in your resume!   Answer Question

Poor benefits coupled with low pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Western Digital in January 2011.

The interview process was great. HR called and set up the appointment. Talked to the whole group, that tells me how much respects from the manager to his group members.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Western Digital in April 2010.

On site Interview by team of 4 peoples, followed by Lunch interview with hiring managers

Principal Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Western Digital.

Oversea interview was held through teleconferencing. The whole process lasted for about 1 hour. Both sides exchanged experiences and questions. Communication was conducted in English. The final result is undetermined. But the whole process was comfortable and with respects.