Western Express

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Western Express

Driver Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Western Express in January 2015.

I had a great interview at this facility. I was able to get a great feel for the fast paced environment and young culture. Very informative and interesting. I would definitely work for this company if given the opportunity.

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Western Express in January 2014.

Any person with a class A license with minimal reading and writing skills. Must pass a physical, a drug test and complete the orientation class. Points on your license are not an issue. A trainer there had 80 points. Also previous driving experience must be verified.

Interview Questions
    Your license and background check came back clean so your hired.

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Western Express in January 2012.

Called about the ad in the paper. Hired over the phone, pending background check and drug test. 4 days later went to orientation in Nashville, Tn. Orientation lasted for 2 days. Western paid for the hotel expense, provided shuttle transportation to and from + one meal per day. Stayed in the hotel for the following 16 days, paid for by Western, waiting on another driver to quit so I could get his/her truck as there were no trucks available. The recruiter was nice but aggressive about me waiting around until I was issued a truck. The entire office was focused only on getting new drivers hired so they could wait on existing drivers to quit so they have a pool of unemployed, homeless wouldbe drivers in waiting to replace drivers who are quitting. Most drivers are disgrundled for a variety of reason from poor insurance, to poor home time to low pay and having to work with homeless truck drivers.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any felony convictions?   View Answer
    • Do you have any convictions for being a sex offender?   View Answer
    Negotiation was not premitted. My advice is to stay away from this company especially if you have 2-3 months experience. Company's who treat their employees like Western can't stay competitive, then it becomes just a matter of time -- the homeless can go back to the homeless shelters... where will you go?

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Western Express in October 2011.

My recruiter was nice, she even called to congratulate me on my 1 year anniversary with western express.

but the office is another story, they are all buisness pressured to push you as much as you will let them. keep you out as long as possible and make you feel lazy for going home or your letting them down. the terminal manager will never be on your side for anything. You can't blame them either because they dont deal with you nearly as often as the people that work in the same office as them( this is why drivers get little to no respect)

no negotiations its a take it or leave it offer your recruiter will give you a rate and ask if that sounds good to you ( it doesn't but your desperate so you say yes )

Driver Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Western Express in April 2010.

Very easy, met with a hub manager who is no longer there. We went to lunch and he told me about how great his career has been. I was smarter than him so I played right into it, and was offered the job over a mediocre meal. I showed up the next day and realized this company was not for me.

Quick

Fleet Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Western Express in November 2008.

Great interview with the Senior VP of the van division, both over the phone and in person. The had to talk to the owner/president of Western. He ask a few good question and then several that should have never been asked but I did accept their offer.

Interview Questions
    Ask for 24-48 hrs to consider it. If you have had other interviews, consider them heavly.