Western Financial Group

Updated Sep 4, 2014
Updated Sep 4, 2014

2.8

Director, Learning & Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  High River, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in High River, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Western Financial Group in August 2014.

From the first contact with the recruiter through 4 rounds of interviews I was impressed with both process and people. The people up to and including the CEO were candid, helpful and forthright.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to speak about a significant mistake I made, and what I learned from it. Despite the vulnerability that could be attached to this I was very comfortable that I was being asked about how I deal with set backs, and was not being tricked into disclosing a weakness. A very honest conversation.   Answer Question

I had a competing offer that didn't require a relocation.

Employee Benefits Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Western Financial Group in April 2013.

You initially meet with an Assistant Manager to discuss the role, which is also a screening to see if you'd be a suitable candidate. Upon completion, you will be contacted to set up your interview with the department manager as well as an assistant manager. Once you receive the OK from human resources, you begin the training process which includes getting your licenses to sell in each province, etc.

Interview Questions
    • "Why should I hire you?" This question is always tough, you don't want to toot your own horn too much, nor do you want to come off as timid.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation phase. You start at $24,000, once you get off probation you are bumped to $28,000.

Human Being Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Western Financial Group.

People are nice, what they tell you is not what you get. They talk about unifying the company but everything is still very separate. Doesn't look like they want to but it's nice to talk about

What negotiation?

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nipawin, SK (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nipawin, SK (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Western Financial Group in April 2010.

The Hiring Process is conducted by the Branch Manager. There is a series of questions that will be asked that will last for about one hour. They will probe into past experience, goals, and aspiritions with your career. They will also ask you to complete an online profile which will indicate your strengths and weaknesses as a candidate, and identify your suitability level for the job.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question I was asked is what my business plan looks like as i pursue sales and how I strategize for success.   Answer Question
    Negotiations were available, but Western was reluctant to improve any terms.

Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Western Financial Group.

Phone interview with recruiting specialist. Basic verification questions and questions related to relevant experience. Perhaps 20-30 minutes. Followed up with an online behavioral assessment (Omnia) prior to in person interview.
    In person interview with one senior leader and recruitment specialist. Standard behavioral interview with focus on prior experience and examples. Offer presented within the week.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared for drill down questions on your examples. They will be referring to the behavioral interview results and will probe potential weak areas.   View Answer
    Package was comprehensive. Minimal room to negotiate.

CRS Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Western Financial Group in August 2010.

Long & drawn out. Had to speak to 3 different people prior to interview. First manager I talked to about schedule an interview had no compassion that I was out of town at a funeral & could not make it for an interview when he wanted. Should have been a red flag! Second interview felt more like an interrogation, than an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years & in 10 years   View Answer
    No negotiations. They offer what they offer and you either except or decline

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  High River, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in High River, AB (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Western Financial Group in May 2013.

Good process in seemed.

Not a lot. Go what I wanted

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Western Financial Group in August 2011.

I was interviewed over the phone by a manager as I was from out of town. Phone interview followed by reference checks and then salary negotiations. Received formal offer 2 weeks after initial call.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions except maybe talking about areas I needed to improve in.   View Answer
    The company is fair on salary and open to negotiation.

Employee Benefits Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Western Financial Group in June 2010.

Interview was booked with someone very inexperienced clearly using a script. Called me after interview was booked to say that she made a mistake and they weren't doing interviews that day and needed to reschedule.
    Was interviewed by Hiring Manager and Sales Manager, Hiring Manager was very unfriendly. Didn't listen to any of my answers and repeated questions that Sales Manager asked. Neither of them asked any questions pertaining to the position or sales. Very unprofessional- in the interview stated that she didn't know when or if they would be hiring anyone and didn't know when she would get back to me regarding the position.
    Overall uncaring attitude and lack of professionalism from the people that I encountered who clearly didn't have their **it together made me very confident that I did not want to work there.

Human Resources Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Western Financial Group in November 2008.

intereviewed with recruiter & business manager

not enough money

Worked for Western Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!