Western Financial Group

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Employee Benefits Sales Representative Interview

Employee Benefits Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Western Financial Group in April 2013.

Interview Details – You initially meet with an Assistant Manager to discuss the role, which is also a screening to see if you'd be a suitable candidate. Upon completion, you will be contacted to set up your interview with the department manager as well as an assistant manager. Once you receive the OK from human resources, you begin the training process which includes getting your licenses to sell in each province, etc.

Interview Question – "Why should I hire you?" This question is always tough, you don't want to toot your own horn too much, nor do you want to come off as timid.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase. You start at $24,000, once you get off probation you are bumped to $28,000.

Human Being Interview

Human Being

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Western Financial Group.

Interview Details – People are nice, what they tell you is not what you get. They talk about unifying the company but everything is still very separate. Doesn't look like they want to but it's nice to talk about

Negotiation Details – What negotiation?

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Nipawin, SK (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Western Financial Group in April 2010.

Interview Details – The Hiring Process is conducted by the Branch Manager. There is a series of questions that will be asked that will last for about one hour. They will probe into past experience, goals, and aspiritions with your career. They will also ask you to complete an online profile which will indicate your strengths and weaknesses as a candidate, and identify your suitability level for the job.

Interview Question – The hardest question I was asked is what my business plan looks like as i pursue sales and how I strategize for success.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were available, but Western was reluctant to improve any terms.

Executive Interview

Executive

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Western Financial Group.

Interview Details – Phone interview with recruiting specialist. Basic verification questions and questions related to relevant experience. Perhaps 20-30 minutes. Followed up with an online behavioral assessment (Omnia) prior to in person interview.
In person interview with one senior leader and recruitment specialist. Standard behavioral interview with focus on prior experience and examples. Offer presented within the week.

Interview Question – Be prepared for drill down questions on your examples. They will be referring to the behavioral interview results and will probe potential weak areas.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Package was comprehensive. Minimal room to negotiate.

CRS Interview

CRS

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Western Financial Group in August 2010.

Interview Details – Long & drawn out. Had to speak to 3 different people prior to interview. First manager I talked to about schedule an interview had no compassion that I was out of town at a funeral & could not make it for an interview when he wanted. Should have been a red flag! Second interview felt more like an interrogation, than an interview.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years & in 10 years   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. They offer what they offer and you either except or decline

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager
High River, AB (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Western Financial Group in May 2013.

Interview Details – Good process in seemed.

Interview Question – Not a lot of questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not a lot. Go what I wanted

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Western Financial Group in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed over the phone by a manager as I was from out of town. Phone interview followed by reference checks and then salary negotiations. Received formal offer 2 weeks after initial call.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions except maybe talking about areas I needed to improve in.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The company is fair on salary and open to negotiation.

Employee Benefits Sales Representative Interview

Employee Benefits Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Western Financial Group in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was booked with someone very inexperienced clearly using a script. Called me after interview was booked to say that she made a mistake and they weren't doing interviews that day and needed to reschedule.
Was interviewed by Hiring Manager and Sales Manager, Hiring Manager was very unfriendly. Didn't listen to any of my answers and repeated questions that Sales Manager asked. Neither of them asked any questions pertaining to the position or sales. Very unprofessional- in the interview stated that she didn't know when or if they would be hiring anyone and didn't know when she would get back to me regarding the position.
Overall uncaring attitude and lack of professionalism from the people that I encountered who clearly didn't have their **it together made me very confident that I did not want to work there.

Interview Question – Describe your biggest failure   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Western Financial Group in November 2008.

Interview Details – intereviewed with recruiter & business manager

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – not enough money

Worked for Western Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!