Western Governors University Editor Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Western Governors University in January 2012.

First had a phone interview, followed by an in-person interview. During the in-person interview, I was asked questions by a group of people, some of who were in management and others who were current editors. Immediately after the in-person interview I had to take an editing test to ensure I was qualified.

Interview Questions
  • They asked how I would deal with sometimes having tons of work and other times having no work.   View Answer
I tried to negotiate salary (specifically, I asked them to match what I was already making at my then-current job). The interviewer said they couldn't offer anything higher than the original offer. She said lower management had been trying to negotiate higher salaries for editors for a long time and that the salary offered to me was actually higher than it used to be, but they couldn't go any higher. I couldn't get them to budge even 25 cents.

Other Interview Reviews for Western Governors University

Editor Interview

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Western Governors University.

They called me for an interview and I scheduled one with them within the week. There were four interviewers who took turns asking questions.

Interview Questions
    • They asked what my greatest weakness was, which is such a lame interview question because it will never make you look good.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation on starting salary. They will flat out turn you down.

Worked for Western Governors University? Contribute to the Community!