Western Governors University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Editor Interview

Editor
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Western Governors University in January 2012.

Interview Details – First had a phone interview, followed by an in-person interview. During the in-person interview, I was asked questions by a group of people, some of who were in management and others who were current editors. Immediately after the in-person interview I had to take an editing test to ensure I was qualified.

Interview Question – They asked how I would deal with sometimes having tons of work and other times having no work.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate salary (specifically, I asked them to match what I was already making at my then-current job). The interviewer said they couldn't offer anything higher than the original offer. She said lower management had been trying to negotiate higher salaries for editors for a long time and that the salary offered to me was actually higher than it used to be, but they couldn't go any higher. I couldn't get them to budge even 25 cents.

Editor Interview

Editor

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Western Governors University.

Interview Details – They called me for an interview and I scheduled one with them within the week. There were four interviewers who took turns asking questions.

Interview Question – They asked what my greatest weakness was, which is such a lame interview question because it will never make you look good.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation on starting salary. They will flat out turn you down.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Western Governors University

Worked for Western Governors University? Contribute to the Community!