Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Western Governors University
- Student Mentor (18)
- Student Mentor - Faculty (16)
- Course Mentor (15)
- Enrollment Counselor (7)
- Student Mentor Undergrad (3)
- Instructional Designer (2)
- Editor (2)
- Financial Analyst (1)
- Data Analyst (1)
- Data Processor (1)
- Admissions Advisor (1)
- Trainer (1)
- Training Manager (1)
- Junior Java Developer (1)
- Contract Subject Matter Expert (1)
- External Relations Coordinator (1)
- Cohort Facilitator (1)
- Assessment Developer (1)
- Assessment Program Manager (1)
- Student Mentor IT (1)
- Content Mentor (1)
- Alumni Services Manager (1)
- Course Mentor - Faculty (1)
- IT Business Analyst (1)
- Evaluator (1)
- Assessment Editor (1)
- Course Mentor - Management (1)
- Student Mentor Undergrad (IT) (1)
- Course Mentor Web (1)
- Cousre Mentor (1)
I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2012.
First had a phone interview, followed by an in-person interview. During the in-person interview, I was asked questions by a group of people, some of who were in management and others who were current editors. Immediately after the in-person interview I had to take an editing test to ensure I was qualified.
- They asked how I would deal with sometimes having tons of work and other times having no work. 1 Answer
I tried to negotiate salary (specifically, I asked them to match what I was already making at my then-current job). The interviewer said they couldn't offer anything higher than the original offer. She said lower management had been trying to negotiate higher salaries for editors for a long time and that the salary offered to me was actually higher than it used to be, but they couldn't go any higher. I couldn't get them to budge even 25 cents.
Other Interview Reviews for Western Governors University
Editor InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University.
They called me for an interview and I scheduled one with them within the week. There were four interviewers who took turns asking questions.
- They asked what my greatest weakness was, which is such a lame interview question because it will never make you look good. Answer Question
There is no negotiation on starting salary. They will flat out turn you down.