Western Governors University Instructional Designer Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2015

Instructional Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Governors University in January 2015.

Interview

Received an e-mail from HR inviting me to participate in a 30-minute phone interview about two weeks after I applied. HR rep was very nice. Asked typical questions and even discussed salary range. Be sure you know the history of WGU (on their website). A department head called the next day to schedule a Skype session. A week later, another department rep called to schedule a phone interview. Hiring process is ongoing at the time of this entry.

Interview Questions

• Expect typical interview questions. Be sure that you are able to articulate why you want to work specifically at WGU and be prepared to answer questions like: "Describe a typical day in your prefect idea of what this job entails" "What has been your greatest accomplishment working in the field of education?" "Why are you a good fit for this specific position?"   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Western Governors University

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Western Governors University (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied online for this position. I was contacted via email about 1 week later with a request for an initial phone interview and given several dates and times to select from. I responded with a time that I would be available. The phone interview went very well and I was contacted 2 days later with a request for an in person, on-site interview the following week. I went to this interview which consisted of 4 individual meetings, one 2 person panel interview and a lunch meeting. I THOUGHT the interviews went very well. My potential supervisor even discussed salary and benefits with me and asked if I would be able to attend a week of training and conferences two weeks later (I said I would be able to). He said he thought I was a perfect fit for the position. He talked about getting me a computer and phone (this was a remote position). He said he had to talk briefly with a few other people the next week and that he would be in contact with me the following week. I left the interview thinking I actually had the job. I did not hear from anyone the following week so I sent this guy an email - no response. I left a voice message with HR the next week - no response. I left the guy a voice message the second week after my interview (the week of the training and meetings) - no response. I left a second voice message with HR the 3rd week after my interview - no response. FINALLY after over 4 weeks, I got a 2 sentence email from HR that they had selected another candidate. I have NO idea what went wrong. I have NO idea why this guy would all but offer me the job and then have NO contact with me again. What a waste of time for me.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty standard, work history related.   Answer Question