Western Governors University

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Western Governors University in June 2012.

I applied online for this position. I was contacted via email about 1 week later with a request for an initial phone interview and given several dates and times to select from. I responded with a time that I would be available. The phone interview went very well and I was contacted 2 days later with a request for an in person, on-site interview the following week. I went to this interview which consisted of 4 individual meetings, one 2 person panel interview and a lunch meeting. I THOUGHT the interviews went very well. My potential supervisor even discussed salary and benefits with me and asked if I would be able to attend a week of training and conferences two weeks later (I said I would be able to). He said he thought I was a perfect fit for the position. He talked about getting me a computer and phone (this was a remote position). He said he had to talk briefly with a few other people the next week and that he would be in contact with me the following week. I left the interview thinking I actually had the job. I did not hear from anyone the following week so I sent this guy an email - no response. I left a voice message with HR the next week - no response. I left the guy a voice message the second week after my interview (the week of the training and meetings) - no response. I left a second voice message with HR the 3rd week after my interview - no response. FINALLY after over 4 weeks, I got a 2 sentence email from HR that they had selected another candidate. I have NO idea what went wrong. I have NO idea why this guy would all but offer me the job and then have NO contact with me again. What a waste of time for me.

Interview Questions
  • All questions were pretty standard, work history related.   Answer Question