Western Governors University Interview Questions

2.8

Student Mentor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Western Governors University in July 2014.

I applied online with WGU and 10 days later I received an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview asked standard questions with an HR Recruiter..Tell me about your experience/education? Describe a day as a student mentor? Very friendly interviewer, very pleasant experience. told me that I should expect a call later that day or the next, regarding a follow-up, About 10 minutes later I received an email to schedule a second interview, this time by video. Second interview with another HR recruiter, very pleasant, asked standard questions very similar to first interview. Discussed salary, advised again of policy about not working for other companies during the first year. Discussed availability for one week training. Advised that I would be contacted within a week either by a program manager for a 3rd interview or by HR to decline moving forward in the process.
    Contacted within a few days with a standard form email stating that I was not selected for a final interview. The email used to send the message does not let you respond back. Very disappointing not knowing how to improve

Interview Questions
    • All questions were very standards and straightforward. No difficulty if you are experienced interviewing. If you are not experienced, just do a little research about the best way to answer standard interview questions. If you are not in education, do some research about student support/student learning, etc. or just on teacher interviews.   Answer Question

Course Mentor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Western Governors University in June 2014.

Was contacted about two weeks after initial application. Had a phone interview about a week later. Was told I would be recontacted near the end of the following month. Was contacted almost three weeks early and asked to present a "content knowledge" demonstration, in any platform, with no further direction. Completed. Was asked how much notice I would need to give current employers and about availability.

Interview Questions
    • The area being requested was an interdisciplinary studies area where instructors specialize in many different topics. Not having a directed question or a course description (was told one was not available) made this very difficult.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Western Governors University in May 2014.

One call from HR, presentation, another call from recruiter.
    HR recruiter told salary range between $60-$70, which is way below I earn.
    Simple technical questions were asked from web development course mentor position.

Enrollment Counselor Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Western Governors University in May 2014.

Interview was not conducted at their office site; instead was at a county unemployment resource center some 45 miles away from the area. Enrollment Manager conducted the interview; Human Resources Manager did not participate per se ... simply typed on her laptop throughout. As she was sitting on the other side of the room, had no clue whether she was note-taking for the hiring manager or doing her own work. It was not discussed or explained.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary; standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Salary. Hours were Monday - Friday, 8-5 + one late night (until 11pm) per week. In addition, 1 Saturday (8-4) per month. Yeah. No.

Student Mentor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Western Governors University in May 2014.

I applied online and received an email one week later for a phone interview. I was asked basic questions about my qualifications and confirmed that I was available during evenings and weekends. I was told during the phone interview that I would receive another email to set up another interview. The second interview was a week later through online video conference.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview question was what would a typical day look like. Other questions were general   Answer Question

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Western Governors University in May 2013.

1st Interview: Phone
    2nd Interview: In-person, professional yet personal;

Interview Questions
    • I did not find any of the questions difficult or unexpected   Answer Question
    Was offered the top salary for the position

Course Mentor - Faculty Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Western Governors University.

had a telephone interview for 15 min. Then I was contacted the same day to prepare a 10-15min presentation. I was contacted 1 week later for a further interview

Student Mentor - Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Western Governors University in March 2014.

Phone interview was concise and informative. Set up for in person interview was effective and information given was helpful. In person interview seemed to go off very well...however interviewer was moving to new position...so follow up was complicated.

Course Mentor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Western Governors University.

I was contacted by phone by an HR recruiter about three months after submitting an online application. I had three more video teleconference interviews with managers.

Interview Questions
    I was offered about $10K more than what the recruiter originally quoted. It was a significant cut in pay from my previous jobs.

Alumni Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months - interviewed at Western Governors University in November 2013.

Applied through an application that asked for everything at least twice, then waited months with no feedback, finally was able to have one 30 min interview, then spent more waiting while listening to crickets, silence until a company newsletter posted that someone had been hired for that position. Still no feedback on my application since that hire was announced.

Worked for Western Governors University? Contribute to the Community!