Western Governors University

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Western Governors University in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email one week later for a phone interview. I was asked basic questions about my qualifications and confirmed that I was available during evenings and weekends. I was told during the phone interview that I would receive another email to set up another interview. The second interview was a week later through online video conference.

Interview Question – Phone interview question was what would a typical day look like. Other questions were general   Answer Question

Student Mentor

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Western Governors University.

Interview Details – First interview is a phone screening with basic questions about background and if you can meet the requirements of the job.

Interview Question – The questions are not difficult, very basic information about yourself.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Student Mentor

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Western Governors University in August 2013.

Interview Details – They said I was an excellent candidate but I wasn't looking to quit my current job and therefore they couldn't hire me, their policy wouldn't permit me to work another job for the first year in their employment

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Student Mentor

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Western Governors University in October 2012.

Interview Details – Initial recruiter phone screening, then passed on to senior manager with a request for a video interview. After 30-minute video interview, passed on to two of manager's reports, for another tag-team interview. This interview was longer due to the two questioners, but still focused on same things. After this interview, was thanks-but-no-thanks-ed.

Interview Question – I asked about the metrics used for rating student mentor performance, as I had read up on this ahead of time & it came off as a sticking point for current mentors.   View Answer

Student Mentor

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Western Governors University in January 2012.

Interview Details – I went through three interviews. First with HR, second with a Sr Program Manager, third with a Program Manager. Also received a random call from a District Manager. Interviews went over three weeks.

Interview Question – If you had a student that was upset about failing an exam, what would you do?   Answer Question

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Western Governors University in January 2010.

Interview Details – HR site is horrible but theirs a first level phone screen then you move on to the program manager and then to an offer. Process was about 4 weeks long from start to finish.

Interview Question – Questions are centered around helping students but they should be around sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Everyone starts at $42,000.

Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Western Governors University in February 2012.

Interview Details – Interview #1
This interview is with the HR recruiter. You can expect the general interview questions.

Interview #2
This Interview is with a General Manager. There will question about how to handle conflict.

Interview #3
Most difficult interview with Senior Management. Questions about professional experience.

Negotiation Details – The usually make fair offers starting out.

Student Mentor

Interview Details – Got a call within 36 hours of submitting my application, with a request for a phone screen. Phone screen was 10-15 minutes long, and was told I would be contacted within a week with either a request for interview or a denial. Request for interview (simultaneous video & phone format) email came 55 minutes later (!!). Interview was with senior hiring manager, and went well; I was informed during interview that I was selected to be interviewed subsequently by a team of two, in the same video/phone hybrid format. Tag-team interview was a bit more difficult & distracting, but wasn't bad--they seemed nice enough.
   I was quite ambivalent about some of the stipulations/features of the position (which I had discovered in reading up on the company, and was also brought out as a feature during interviews, so clearly is a sticking point), and I think it showed through my interview--I got the lovely "thanks but we've identified other candidates who better meet our needs" email the next day.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Western Governors University

Worked for Western Governors University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Western Governors University Student Mentor interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Western Governors University employees and interview candidates.