Western Michigan University Interview Questions

2.4

Research Program Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Western Michigan University.

Interview

Process included online application, email correspondence to schedule an interview; as in-person interview was not an option due to geographical separation, a skype interview was set up. Official offer letter and acceptance took 2-3 weeks.

Negotiation

Negotiated higher salary and ideal start date

Flight Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Battle Creek, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Western Michigan University (Battle Creek, MI).

Interview

Written test and oral interview, ended up doing two interviews

Interview Questions

• the written test that you take is actually a bit difficult if you haven't studied basic aviation knowledge in a while, especially the instrument stuff   Answer Question

Negotiation

Basic sign a piece of paper saying you will accept a 3000 dollar bill if you leave before 300 hours of billed time, and that you will take 18 dollars an hour starting paying.

Interview

I applied for the student worker job through email before my interview and I have participated in interviewing other student workers as well. GPA, experience, and professionalism were taken into account when selecting interview candidates from resumes. International students got some preference, but English skills were taken into account. Interview was semi-formal and not super stressful. Would suggest displaying an enthusiastic attitude (my supervisor at the time turned down a qualified candidate because they seemed too nervous and/or shy) and playing up any experience with data entry, attention to detail, and critical thinking/problem solving. (The job is tedious so if you don't actually have these skills, I'd suggest applying for something else, anyway.)

Interview Questions

• "What was your least favorite thing about your last job?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Student Employee Dining Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Western Michigan University (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

There isn't much of an interview I was just asked simple question like how long have you attended WMU and question about my availability. The positions do fill up fast so if you can try to get your application in 2-3 week before classes start. They seem to hire almost every applicant they get early in the year because the dining halls open before class and they need people to work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Programmer Analyst Interview

Interview

Hiring Process was pretty intense considering the job title.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about a technology that I didn't list in my resume   Answer Question

Had a better offer.

Student Libary Assistant Interview

Interview

Submitted my application at Waldo Library and was contacted a couple days after. Went in for an interview, very friendly.

Regional Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Western Michigan University in May 2013.

Interview

Electronic resume submission via university web site. Series of two panel interviews with faculty and staff, followed by an interview with hiring manager.

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Western Michigan University (Kalamazoo, MI) in January 2012.

Interview

HR produces targeted questions for the department that is seeking. Typically there are two rounds of in-person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Mostly open ended questions, tell me a time when you made a mistake, what did you do, how did you correct it type of quesiosn   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is very little room for salary negotiations. Benefits are standard, non-negotiable.

Director of MBA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Western Michigan University (Grand Rapids, MI) in July 2011.

Interview

Resume upload to central application system, followed by one group interview at position location. Follow up questions via telephone.

Interview Questions

• What will you do to increase community awareness about the University in this city and the surrounding area.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Via telephone. Generous benefits. Do negotiate.

Helpdesk Technician Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Western Michigan University in November 2010.

Interview

First go to the helpdesk to grab the application form, filled and submit. About 2 months later got the phone call from their supervisor saying need the interview. So two supervisors gave me the interview asking something about how to fix computer problems like, virus/malware remove, what you can do if there is no internet connect, can you work at the second shift, do you have some experience to support teachers or professors at class. Basically it is a good interview, all the questions they ask are what you will meet later in this job.