Western Refining

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Claims Manager Interview

Claims Manager

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Western Refining.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of initial telephonic interview with an HR representative. Was contacted about one week later setting up an in person interview and test on computer proficiency. Went to interview took test on excel and outlook. Met with VP of Risk Management. Interview consisted of 1:1 interview. Majority of questions were related knowledge of insurance. After the interview waited about 3 weeks prior to being notified of decision. Company was very upfront about salary and benefits prior to attending in person interview.

Interview Question – What is your familiarity with Medicare Set Aside?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Tempe, AZ

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Western Refining in July 2009.

Interview Details – They used a staffing agency. I had to do an interview with that agency. Then I met with a 3 person panel interview. Standard behavioral interview questions. Waited a day or so for the call, no second interview was required. Work started 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – What would you do if a customer called upset about a missed delivery?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I would encourage others to negotiate.

Engineer Interview

Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Western Refining in October 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process consisted of several one on one and two panel interviews. Not too difficult. It was more of a get to know you and them type of interview. Overall it was a decent interview.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you? With your limited experience, what do you bring to the organization?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate. As with all offers there is some room for negotiation. I could not negotiate more as they maxed my offer to the limit.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Western Refining? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Western Refining interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Western Refining employees and interview candidates.