Western Union Interview Questions in Denver, CO

Updated Mar 10, 2015

2.4

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Western Union in February 2015.

Submitted a resume and cover letter and received a phone call 3 weeks later. Scheduled an in person interview within a week. Interview was pretty standard "tell me about your work history". There were no weird or surprising questions. It felt more like a meet and greet instead of an actual interview.

IT Project Manager - Contract Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Western Union in February 2015.

I was brought it for an onsite interview with two individuals. Standard Project Management interview questions were asked (e.g. how do you manage risk, how to conduct team meetings). The full process did not take more than a week. The facilities/campus is very nice and the work environment seems conducive to collaboration based on spaces that are available.

Interview Questions
    • I will not have time to hold your hand during the onboarding process. What will you do to come in a hit the ground running.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Western Union in September 2014.

Applied online, was called for a face to face interview the following week. Contacted by HR the day following the interview to provide references. References were asked to complete a brief assessment of my skills and work ethic. References completed assessment and an offer was made the following week. Received offer approximately two weeks following online application.

Interview Questions
    • Question were a combination of behavioral and technical knowledge.   View Answer
    The offer was more than fair and I accepted without further negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Western Union in August 2014.

I was contacted by someone in the department who set up a group phone interview a few days later. The interview was with three people. I was then asked to come in for a second in-person interview with two girls and a guy and they asked some fairly standard questions about my experience, how I manage time, what I know about risk, and stuff like that. I asked some questions but the interviewers seemed like that they couldn't understand my questions because they didn't answer them with real answers. The girls seemed to be bothered that they were in the interview and the guy pretty much sat back and let them ask the questions.

Interview Questions
    • In 30 seconds or less, tell me five things you can do with a pen other than use it for writing.   Answer Question

Manager, AML Compliance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Western Union in August 2014.

Applied via company website for a specific position after being referred by a current employee who is a professional association colleague. Was contacted via email to set-up a phone interview on a particular day about 10 days after application. Phone interview was with both the hiring manager and one of their employees.

Interview Questions
    • What was riskiest decision you ever made and what were the results of that decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Western Union in March 2014.

First interview was via phone with HR. Second was via phone about three weeks later with the Compliance Officer. During the interview, I was told that I would be doing an on site tour within a week to meet the staff. After a week passed and I didn't hear from anyone, I emailed HR because I wasn't allowed to be given the Compliance Officer's email. I inquired as to what the om site tour status would be. Two days later, I was contacted and interviewed again via phone by a staff member that was hired four months prior. I was told that she was asked by the Compliance Officer to conduct another interview with me and was told to expect to hear back from the Compliance Officer shortly there after. Another two weeks passed, I emailed the staff member but never received a reply. I then contacted HR and was told they'd find out about the on site interview date by the end of the week. It's been two and a half months.

I would never apply to this company again. .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Western Union in January 2014.

Applied online, did a phone interview with a recruiter. Afte that went into the office for an in-peron interview with the recruiter. Returned about 3 times to meet other employees before given an offer.

Interview Questions
    Offered a counter offer. They met me halfway.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Western Union.

Applied on-line and received a response very quickly. The recruiter was cordial and set up a 1:1 interview immediately. The interview was with multiple people in the group and was relaxed with no stress. The interview questions were easy and I received an offer the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about any difficult situations with your boss you had to deal with in the past.   View Answer
    Yes, I was able to negotiate the salary.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Western Union.

The hiring process I experienced with WU was as follows: after I was selected for an interview, my recruiters told me in advance to have five references ready and to ask them to be "generous" with their feedback (ie solid gold 100% positive feedback). They stressed this fairly heavily. The interview itself lasted about an hour and a half, during which I took a short accounting test which mainly focuses on intercompany accounting, timing differences and basic foreign currency accounting. A few days later I was asked for my references, and a few days after that I was told there was a "problem" with one of my references and the process could no longer move forward. No word if this individual gave me a 0% or just 95% positive feedback.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most important thing to keep in mind when dealing with auditors   Answer Question

Product Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Western Union.

I had two phone calls, mostly fit. I applied through my university's OCR program. They asked mostly about what I had previously done and my coursework.