Western Union Interview Questions in Denver, CO

2.3

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager, AML Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Western Union in August 2014.

Applied via company website for a specific position after being referred by a current employee who is a professional association colleague. Was contacted via email to set-up a phone interview on a particular day about 10 days after application. Phone interview was with both the hiring manager and one of their employees.

Interview Questions
    • What was riskiest decision you ever made and what were the results of that decision.   Answer Question

AML Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Western Union in January 2014.

Applied online, did a phone interview with a recruiter. Afte that went into the office for an in-peron interview with the recruiter. Returned about 3 times to meet other employees before given an offer.

Interview Questions
    Offered a counter offer. They met me halfway.

AML Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Western Union in March 2014.

First interview was via phone with HR. Second was via phone about three weeks later with the Compliance Officer. During the interview, I was told that I would be doing an on site tour within a week to meet the staff. After a week passed and I didn't hear from anyone, I emailed HR because I wasn't allowed to be given the Compliance Officer's email. I inquired as to what the om site tour status would be. Two days later, I was contacted and interviewed again via phone by a staff member that was hired four months prior. I was told that she was asked by the Compliance Officer to conduct another interview with me and was told to expect to hear back from the Compliance Officer shortly there after. Another two weeks passed, I emailed the staff member but never received a reply. I then contacted HR and was told they'd find out about the on site interview date by the end of the week. It's been two and a half months.

I would never apply to this company again. .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Western Union.

Applied on-line and received a response very quickly. The recruiter was cordial and set up a 1:1 interview immediately. The interview was with multiple people in the group and was relaxed with no stress. The interview questions were easy and I received an offer the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about any difficult situations with your boss you had to deal with in the past.   View Answer
    Yes, I was able to negotiate the salary.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Western Union.

The hiring process I experienced with WU was as follows: after I was selected for an interview, my recruiters told me in advance to have five references ready and to ask them to be "generous" with their feedback (ie solid gold 100% positive feedback). They stressed this fairly heavily. The interview itself lasted about an hour and a half, during which I took a short accounting test which mainly focuses on intercompany accounting, timing differences and basic foreign currency accounting. A few days later I was asked for my references, and a few days after that I was told there was a "problem" with one of my references and the process could no longer move forward. No word if this individual gave me a 0% or just 95% positive feedback.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most important thing to keep in mind when dealing with auditors   Answer Question

Product Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Western Union.

I had two phone calls, mostly fit. I applied through my university's OCR program. They asked mostly about what I had previously done and my coursework.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Western Union in February 2013.

The interview consisted of their admin staff calling to setup an interview. The interviewers were boring and not interested in presenting the best image of company. The staff in the corridors talked in hushed tones as I went by them and looked you up and down as though telling you something. What impressed me most was how uninterested the whole place looked.

Interview Questions
    • Repetitious questions about your experience. Interviewers kept on emphasising their the department had gone through reorganization from the very start of the interview- pretty depressing way to start any interview   Answer Question
    Take it or leave it- they keep mentioning reoganization that they went through at every step of the way

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Western Union in November 2011.

Tedious and monontonous

Interview Questions
    • Repetition of the same question with slightly different words.   Answer Question
    NONE. you took it or left it.

Web Content Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Western Union in January 2013.

My initial conversation was a phone call with the manager for the group as she is based in a different location. We spoke for roughly 45 mins during which she gave me an overview of both the department and the job. The interview itself was mostly conversational with almost no "textbook" interview questions.

I was then scheduled for an in-person interview with the 2 members of the team based here in CO. Again, both interviews skewed heavily on the conversational side (description of the job, company, etc) and very few direct questions... mostly just back & forth with me interjecting my skills/experience where I could.

My final interview was a phone call with another member of the team. Like the previous 3, it was mostly conversational although this person was a bit more on the technical side, so they did ask a few technical-based questions.

Unfortunately I did not get the offer for this position. It came down to myself and one other candidate. My experience was almost an identical line-for-line match of the job description, however my recruiter was unable to get any feedback on why I was not selected. I came in at the top of the salary range, so my hunch is that might have been the determining factor.

Overall I felt the 4 interviews (conversations) were fairly easy and laid back. I would rate my interview experience as a positive.

Interview Questions
    • As noted above, there were very few (if any) direct questions. The questions that were asked were straightforward questions about my work experience. No tricky behavioral questions or "What's your greatest weakness?" type nonsense.   Answer Question

Key Sales Executive-National Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Western Union.

recruited by a VP who came upon my resume by a new recruiter who had it from a job I applied to online at another company.

Interview Questions
    got exactly what I wanted as I had 2 other offers to consider.

Worked for Western Union? Contribute to the Community!