Western Union

Relevance Date Difficulty

AML Compliance Analyst Interview

AML Compliance Analyst
Englewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Western Union in March 2014.

Interview Details – First interview was via phone with HR. Second was via phone about three weeks later with the Compliance Officer. During the interview, I was told that I would be doing an on site tour within a week to meet the staff. After a week passed and I didn't hear from anyone, I emailed HR because I wasn't allowed to be given the Compliance Officer's email. I inquired as to what the om site tour status would be. Two days later, I was contacted and interviewed again via phone by a staff member that was hired four months prior. I was told that she was asked by the Compliance Officer to conduct another interview with me and was told to expect to hear back from the Compliance Officer shortly there after. Another two weeks passed, I emailed the staff member but never received a reply. I then contacted HR and was told they'd find out about the on site interview date by the end of the week. It's been two and a half months.

I would never apply to this company again. .

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Englewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Western Union.

Interview Details – Applied on-line and received a response very quickly. The recruiter was cordial and set up a 1:1 interview immediately. The interview was with multiple people in the group and was relaxed with no stress. The interview questions were easy and I received an offer the same day.

Interview Question – Tell us about any difficult situations with your boss you had to deal with in the past.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was able to negotiate the salary.

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Englewood, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Western Union.

Interview Details – The hiring process I experienced with WU was as follows: after I was selected for an interview, my recruiters told me in advance to have five references ready and to ask them to be "generous" with their feedback (ie solid gold 100% positive feedback). They stressed this fairly heavily. The interview itself lasted about an hour and a half, during which I took a short accounting test which mainly focuses on intercompany accounting, timing differences and basic foreign currency accounting. A few days later I was asked for my references, and a few days after that I was told there was a "problem" with one of my references and the process could no longer move forward. No word if this individual gave me a 0% or just 95% positive feedback.

Interview Question – What is the most important thing to keep in mind when dealing with auditors   Answer Question

Product Management Intern Interview

Product Management Intern
Denver, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Western Union.

Interview Details – I had two phone calls, mostly fit. I applied through my university's OCR program. They asked mostly about what I had previously done and my coursework.

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Western Union in February 2013.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of their admin staff calling to setup an interview. The interviewers were boring and not interested in presenting the best image of company. The staff in the corridors talked in hushed tones as I went by them and looked you up and down as though telling you something. What impressed me most was how uninterested the whole place looked.

Interview Question – Repetitious questions about your experience. Interviewers kept on emphasising their the department had gone through reorganization from the very start of the interview- pretty depressing way to start any interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it- they keep mentioning reoganization that they went through at every step of the way

Englewood, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Western Union in November 2011.

Interview Details – Tedious and monontonous

Interview Question – Repetition of the same question with slightly different words.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NONE. you took it or left it.

Web Content Producer Interview

Web Content Producer
Englewood, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Western Union in January 2013.

Interview Details – My initial conversation was a phone call with the manager for the group as she is based in a different location. We spoke for roughly 45 mins during which she gave me an overview of both the department and the job. The interview itself was mostly conversational with almost no "textbook" interview questions.

I was then scheduled for an in-person interview with the 2 members of the team based here in CO. Again, both interviews skewed heavily on the conversational side (description of the job, company, etc) and very few direct questions... mostly just back & forth with me interjecting my skills/experience where I could.

My final interview was a phone call with another member of the team. Like the previous 3, it was mostly conversational although this person was a bit more on the technical side, so they did ask a few technical-based questions.

Unfortunately I did not get the offer for this position. It came down to myself and one other candidate. My experience was almost an identical line-for-line match of the job description, however my recruiter was unable to get any feedback on why I was not selected. I came in at the top of the salary range, so my hunch is that might have been the determining factor.

Overall I felt the 4 interviews (conversations) were fairly easy and laid back. I would rate my interview experience as a positive.

Interview Question – As noted above, there were very few (if any) direct questions. The questions that were asked were straightforward questions about my work experience. No tricky behavioral questions or "What's your greatest weakness?" type nonsense.   Answer Question

Key Sales Executive-National Sales Interview

Key Sales Executive-National Sales
Englewood, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Western Union.

Interview Details – recruited by a VP who came upon my resume by a new recruiter who had it from a job I applied to online at another company.

Interview Question – do companies really pay signing bonuses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – got exactly what I wanted as I had 2 other offers to consider.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Human Resources Generalist
Englewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Western Union.

Interview Details – First contact was with the recruiter for a phone screen, then an on-site interview with the hiring manager. My interaction with the recruiter was very pleasant - she asked good questions, was well versed in the company and was very engaging. My 1:1 interview with the hiring manager was terrible, I almost walked out. She did not look away from her computer - checked emails, was typing, etc. About half way through, I highly considered leaving but, I decided to be more professional than she was. Before I even got back to my vehicle, I had already made the decision that I could not work for this women - if this is how she acted when trying to attract talent, I cannot imagine what kind of manager she might be (and the worst part, she's HR!). When I returned home emailed the recruiter, thanked her for the opportunity and let her know that I would not be interested in further pursuing this position.

Interview Question – I felt that this was a fairly standard interview. Would have expected more challenging questions from an HR professional at her level.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Englewood, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Western Union in April 2009.

Interview Details – Rather long interview process. I was referred by another employee, so initially I sent her my resume. I received a call from a recruiter in HR about a week later. After a brief discussion about the available position, I was asked to enter my information on the website and apply for the job (recruiter told me the job number). I worked with the same recruiter throughout the process. Within the week, she calked to schedule the first of three interviews. First interview with the supervisor I would be reporting to directly. 2nd was with manager, 3rd with director. Within a week after the 3rd interview, the recruiter called with an offer. I countered, and recruiter had to call me back. Two days later, i received counter offer and accepted. Whole process was about 3 to 4 weeks.

Interview Question – What was a difficult situation and how did I handle it.   Answer Question

Worked for Western Union? Contribute to the Community!