Western Union

Relevance Date Difficulty

Fraud Analyst Interview

Fraud Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Western Union in November 2012.

Interview Details – about 4 interviews, sometimes it just depends on what kind of people are available. Sometimes a lead can interview, you will have a recruiter contact you, then phone interviews, 2,3 interviews after that.

Interview Question – What can you bring to the company that differs from others ?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Western Union.

Interview Details – Planning of interviews was terrible. The interviewer didn't show up on time (45 minutes late) and left after 10 minutes because he got a call. My next interview was supposed to be a lunch and he had brought his own lunch so he took me to a place to buy lunch and bring it back to the office (thought he should have left it in the fridge and gone to lunch with me). The next round the first person said that they were not scheduled to talk to me for another half hour and then realized his mistake. Very disorganized.

Interview Question – Questions weren't hard. Classic situational questions and exploring background.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Great

Very Easy Interview

AML Compliance Analyst Interview

AML Compliance Analyst
Englewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Western Union in March 2014.

Interview Details – First interview was via phone with HR. Second was via phone about three weeks later with the Compliance Officer. During the interview, I was told that I would be doing an on site tour within a week to meet the staff. After a week passed and I didn't hear from anyone, I emailed HR because I wasn't allowed to be given the Compliance Officer's email. I inquired as to what the om site tour status would be. Two days later, I was contacted and interviewed again via phone by a staff member that was hired four months prior. I was told that she was asked by the Compliance Officer to conduct another interview with me and was told to expect to hear back from the Compliance Officer shortly there after. Another two weeks passed, I emailed the staff member but never received a reply. I then contacted HR and was told they'd find out about the on site interview date by the end of the week. It's been two and a half months.

I would never apply to this company again. .

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Production Support Analyst Interview

Production Support Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Western Union.

Interview Details – Was a long time ago and went by a different process than what might be going on today. This was years ago. It's more corporate now and you'd be required to go through the typical motions of a corporate hiring process.

Interview Question – What can you bring to the company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You'll have to negotiate your salary and they will try to lowball you. Be ready to haggle.

Senior Applications Architect Interview

Senior Applications Architect
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Western Union in May 2010.

Interview Details – Technical discussion followed by HR interview. Technical discussion was more oriented towards JEE technologies, client server architecture, Complaince , Money transfer applications . HR discussion more oriented towards interpersonal skills, salary expectation , joining bonus..etc

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Western Union.

Interview Details – Asked to provide 5 references, two of whom had to be my former manager. WU contacted all references. When I pointed out that I hadn't informed my company (or my colleagues) that I was interviewing externally, was told it was non-negotiable. Don't apply here unless your company wants you to leave.

Interview Question – Head Recruiter: "You've already been onsite for interviews?"   View Answer

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Western Union.

Interview Details – Basic questions about past projects and employers. A few behavior questions sprinkled in. I had 5 different interviewers with various levels of interviewing experience. They were good to talk to though as they were going to be direct partners and customers. Culture is fast paced, agile, and open office layout.

Interview Question – Why do you want this job when you appear over qualified for it?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The position had less management functions and platform ownership than I originally understood. I wanted the authority to set direction, initiate and prioritize projects, etc. Would not hesitate to work for this company in another capacity.

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Englewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Western Union.

Interview Details – Applied on-line and received a response very quickly. The recruiter was cordial and set up a 1:1 interview immediately. The interview was with multiple people in the group and was relaxed with no stress. The interview questions were easy and I received an offer the same day.

Interview Question – Tell us about any difficult situations with your boss you had to deal with in the past.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was able to negotiate the salary.

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager
Miami, FL

I interviewed at Western Union in June 2011.

Interview Details – Thorough interview process. First screen with HR and then 2 interviews with the hiring manager and another person of the team. Case base scenarios

Interview Question – Business case questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be prepared with salary data to make your case and negotiatie.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Western Union in September 2009.

Interview Details – Interview with sales director.

Interview Question – If you know your job you will be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nice and easy

Worked for Western Union? Contribute to the Community!