Western Union

45 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Western Union.

Interview Details – Asked to provide 5 references, two of whom had to be my former manager. WU contacted all references. When I pointed out that I hadn't informed my company (or my colleagues) that I was interviewing externally, was told it was non-negotiable. Don't apply here unless your company wants you to leave.

Interview Question – Head Recruiter: "You've already been onsite for interviews?"   View Answer

IT Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Western Union.

Interview Details – Basic questions about past projects and employers. A few behavior questions sprinkled in. I had 5 different interviewers with various levels of interviewing experience. They were good to talk to though as they were going to be direct partners and customers. Culture is fast paced, agile, and open office layout.

Interview Question – Why do you want this job when you appear over qualified for it?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The position had less management functions and platform ownership than I originally understood. I wanted the authority to set direction, initiate and prioritize projects, etc. Would not hesitate to work for this company in another capacity.

Senior Analyst Interview

Englewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Western Union.

Interview Details – Applied on-line and received a response very quickly. The recruiter was cordial and set up a 1:1 interview immediately. The interview was with multiple people in the group and was relaxed with no stress. The interview questions were easy and I received an offer the same day.

Interview Question – Tell us about any difficult situations with your boss you had to deal with in the past.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was able to negotiate the salary.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager
Miami, FL

I interviewed at Western Union in June 2011.

Interview Details – Thorough interview process. First screen with HR and then 2 interviews with the hiring manager and another person of the team. Case base scenarios

Interview Question – Business case questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be prepared with salary data to make your case and negotiatie.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Western Union in September 2009.

Interview Details – Interview with sales director.

Interview Question – If you know your job you will be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nice and easy

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Montvale, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at Western Union in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied via LinkedIn and was contacted by HR. HR setup an initial phone screening with their IT director. Usual 30 minutes of conversation was done. Afterward, second technical phone screening was done. Had about 4 to 5 people on the phone at the same time.

Senior Accountant Interview

Englewood, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Western Union.

Interview Details – The hiring process I experienced with WU was as follows: after I was selected for an interview, my recruiters told me in advance to have five references ready and to ask them to be "generous" with their feedback (ie solid gold 100% positive feedback). They stressed this fairly heavily. The interview itself lasted about an hour and a half, during which I took a short accounting test which mainly focuses on intercompany accounting, timing differences and basic foreign currency accounting. A few days later I was asked for my references, and a few days after that I was told there was a "problem" with one of my references and the process could no longer move forward. No word if this individual gave me a 0% or just 95% positive feedback.

Interview Question – What is the most important thing to keep in mind when dealing with auditors   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

Interviewed at Western Union

Interview Details – After passing first round of interview was invited back for in person interview. Spoke with different managers and junior level analysts. Finally met with VP of the department. Everyone was fairly nice, but seemed a bit disorganized at times. Had to find a new conference in the middle of an interview.

Interview Question – Explain how to adjust for seasonality in a data series?   Answer Question

Assistant Product Manager Interview

Assistant Product Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Western Union.

Interview Details – Initial communications included a phone screen, two interviews with directors, and an interview with the VP. Nothing unusual.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions - just requests for TONS of detail when answering STAR type questions, more than I expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was room for negotiation in the final interview, but the offer was firm.

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Western Union.

Interview Details – 1 interview with hiring manger - contract worker and was converted to full time permanent

Interview Question – Past experience dealing with matrix organizations   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offer letter with a set time to accept

Interviews for Top Jobs at Western Union

Worked for Western Union? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Western Union interview questions and advice. All 45 interview reviews posted anonymously by Western Union employees and interview candidates.