Western Washington University Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2015

2.5

Web Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Western Washington University.

Interview

Small panel interview. If you have every interviewed with another company for a technical position you probably had a more difficult interview than this one. Just be prepared for some behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real negotiation phase. Do you accept or not.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Western Washington University.

Interview

One face to face interview. Asked about previous work experience, basic computer skills (excel, word) and web development experience, HTML, Adobe Dreamweaver, etc. Stressed emphasis on customer service and student/work balance life

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Western Washington University (Bellingham, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

2 Steps: Phone & In Person Both were panel interviews with 6-8 people on the search committee. The process moved fairly quickly with less than 2 weeks between the phone and in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• This position will work with others both in person or over the phone. Sometimes situations can prove to be difficult. Tell us about a time when you had to communicate under difficult circumstances and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Western Washington University (Bellingham, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

Telephone Interview

Interview Questions

• Nearly all questions began with: "What do you find most difficult about....?"   1 Answer

Payroll Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Western Washington University (Bellingham, WA) in June 2013.

Interview

There was a phone interview, followed by an in person, panel style interview. I met with 3 people from the payroll department (the supervisor for the position and two potential coworkers). They took turns asking questions. At the end of the interview, they had the person who was leaving the position come in and talk to me about what the position was like.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what I would do if it was my first day and a project was handed to me without proper instruction and everyone left but it was clear that there was a tight deadline for completion. The asker said that the scenario was not outside the realm of possibility and I wasn't sure she was joking.   Answer Question

Student Employee Interview

Interview

There was an interview. A few weeks later I received job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Western Washington University (Bellingham, WA) in June 2011.

Interview

Interview process was relaxed, yet comprehensive. The people were great and the work culture appeared to be cooperative.

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of?   1 Answer

Customer Service Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Western Washington University (Bellingham, WA) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied in person, dropping of the application and resume to the Front Desk. Towards the end of the Academic Term, the department called me saying they would like to interview for the position the next term. On the day of my interview, I showed up to the building a little early and the receptionist wrote down what time I came in and I'm fairly sure a description of how I approached the receptionist. Right when the interview was scheduled to start, I was called into the room where 5 of the current employees were seated down opposite of an empty chair. The interview was a series of situational questions and personality questions. After that interview I was told that I would hear back from the department later that week for a 2nd interview if I made it through this one. I got that call and met with the Front Desk Manager and a building supervisor. They asked more indepth questions about how I would handle various situations and what I would have done differently given different scenarios. After that interview I was told that I would be given a 3rd interview if I passed this one. I got the 3rd interview, but it was more of a team building exorcise with the entire existing staff and 5 interviewees. So preformed a series of team builders. I was then told that the staff would talk about how we fit in with the group. After that I got the job!!

Interview Questions

• What color is your brain?   Answer Question
    • How do you respond when a superior tells you to do something that gets you in trouble by another superior.   Answer Question

Desk Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Western Washington University (Bellingham, WA) in May 2010.

Interview

Online Application, was called for an in person interview with the resident advisor.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Western Washington University (Bellingham, WA) in June 2008.

Interview

Students in the graduate program applied to be Graduate Assistants. Some of us were chosen and given interviews with leaders from the specific area of the university at which point a decision was made.

Interview Questions

• What sort of experience do you have with Adobe/MSOffice/Video Editing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was a single offer for all Graduate Assistants.