Western Washington University Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2014
Updated May 15, 2014

2.5

Research Assistant - Software Services Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Western Washington University.

One face to face interview. Asked about previous work experience, basic computer skills (excel, word) and web development experience, HTML, Adobe Dreamweaver, etc. Stressed emphasis on customer service and student/work balance life

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Western Washington University in October 2013.

Telephone Interview

Interview Questions
    • Nearly all questions began with: "What do you find most difficult about....?"   View Answer

Payroll Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Western Washington University in June 2013.

There was a phone interview, followed by an in person, panel style interview. I met with 3 people from the payroll department (the supervisor for the position and two potential coworkers). They took turns asking questions. At the end of the interview, they had the person who was leaving the position come in and talk to me about what the position was like.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what I would do if it was my first day and a project was handed to me without proper instruction and everyone left but it was clear that there was a tight deadline for completion. The asker said that the scenario was not outside the realm of possibility and I wasn't sure she was joking.   Answer Question

Student Employee Interview

There was an interview. A few weeks later I received job offer.

None

Customer Service Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Western Washington University in June 2011.

I applied in person, dropping of the application and resume to the Front Desk. Towards the end of the Academic Term, the department called me saying they would like to interview for the position the next term. On the day of my interview, I showed up to the building a little early and the receptionist wrote down what time I came in and I'm fairly sure a description of how I approached the receptionist. Right when the interview was scheduled to start, I was called into the room where 5 of the current employees were seated down opposite of an empty chair. The interview was a series of situational questions and personality questions. After that interview I was told that I would hear back from the department later that week for a 2nd interview if I made it through this one. I got that call and met with the Front Desk Manager and a building supervisor. They asked more indepth questions about how I would handle various situations and what I would have done differently given different scenarios. After that interview I was told that I would be given a 3rd interview if I passed this one. I got the 3rd interview, but it was more of a team building exorcise with the entire existing staff and 5 interviewees. So preformed a series of team builders. I was then told that the staff would talk about how we fit in with the group. After that I got the job!!

Interview Questions
    • What color is your brain?   Answer Question
    • How do you respond when a superior tells you to do something that gets you in trouble by another superior.   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Western Washington University in June 2011.

Interview process was relaxed, yet comprehensive. The people were great and the work culture appeared to be cooperative.

Desk Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Western Washington University in May 2010.

Online Application, was called for an in person interview with the resident advisor.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Western Washington University in June 2008.

Students in the graduate program applied to be Graduate Assistants. Some of us were chosen and given interviews with leaders from the specific area of the university at which point a decision was made.

Interview Questions
    • What sort of experience do you have with Adobe/MSOffice/Video Editing?   View Answer
    There was a single offer for all Graduate Assistants.

Peer Advisor IV Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Western Washington University.

Had seen the job availability on the internal WWU student job posting site, but didn't think I would qualify. Ended up meeting with the person hiring in a different setting, and was offered the option of interviewing on the spot. They were mostly looking for someone detail-oriented, focused and organized.

Interview Questions
    • How would handle a difficult financial situation with a student?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Western Washington University.

Wasn't a formal interview.
    Voted by student body.

Interview Questions

Worked for Western Washington University? Contribute to the Community!