Western Washington University

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Payroll Interview

Bellingham, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Western Washington University in June 2013.

Interview Details – There was a phone interview, followed by an in person, panel style interview. I met with 3 people from the payroll department (the supervisor for the position and two potential coworkers). They took turns asking questions. At the end of the interview, they had the person who was leaving the position come in and talk to me about what the position was like.

Interview Question – I was asked what I would do if it was my first day and a project was handed to me without proper instruction and everyone left but it was clear that there was a tight deadline for completion. The asker said that the scenario was not outside the realm of possibility and I wasn't sure she was joking.   Answer Question

Desk Attendant Interview

Bellingham, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Western Washington University in May 2010.

Interview Details – Online Application, was called for an in person interview with the resident advisor.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Bellingham, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Western Washington University in October 2013.

Interview Details – Telephone Interview

Interview Question – Nearly all questions began with: "What do you find most difficult about....?"   View Answer

Student Employee Interview

Student Employee

Interviewed at Western Washington University

Interview Details – There was an interview. A few weeks later I received job offer.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Program Coordinator Interview

Bellingham, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Western Washington University in June 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process was relaxed, yet comprehensive. The people were great and the work culture appeared to be cooperative.

Interview Question – What are you most proud of?   View Answer

Customer Service Lead Interview

Bellingham, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Western Washington University in June 2011.

Interview Details – I applied in person, dropping of the application and resume to the Front Desk. Towards the end of the Academic Term, the department called me saying they would like to interview for the position the next term. On the day of my interview, I showed up to the building a little early and the receptionist wrote down what time I came in and I'm fairly sure a description of how I approached the receptionist. Right when the interview was scheduled to start, I was called into the room where 5 of the current employees were seated down opposite of an empty chair. The interview was a series of situational questions and personality questions. After that interview I was told that I would hear back from the department later that week for a 2nd interview if I made it through this one. I got that call and met with the Front Desk Manager and a building supervisor. They asked more indepth questions about how I would handle various situations and what I would have done differently given different scenarios. After that interview I was told that I would be given a 3rd interview if I passed this one. I got the 3rd interview, but it was more of a team building exorcise with the entire existing staff and 5 interviewees. So preformed a series of team builders. I was then told that the staff would talk about how we fit in with the group. After that I got the job!!

Interview Questions

• What color is your brain?   Answer Question
  • How do you respond when a superior tells you to do something that gets you in trouble by another superior.   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant
Bellingham, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Western Washington University in June 2008.

Interview Details – Students in the graduate program applied to be Graduate Assistants. Some of us were chosen and given interviews with leaders from the specific area of the university at which point a decision was made.

Interview Question – What sort of experience do you have with Adobe/MSOffice/Video Editing?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was a single offer for all Graduate Assistants.

Peer Advisor IV Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Western Washington University.

Interview Details – Had seen the job availability on the internal WWU student job posting site, but didn't think I would qualify. Ended up meeting with the person hiring in a different setting, and was offered the option of interviewing on the spot. They were mostly looking for someone detail-oriented, focused and organized.

Interview Question – How would handle a difficult financial situation with a student?   Answer Question

AS Vice President, WWU Interview

I applied through other source and interviewed at Western Washington University.

Interview Details – Wasn't a formal interview.
Voted by student body.

Interview Question – What will you do that hasn't already been done?   Answer Question

Web Developer I Interview

Web Developer I

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Western Washington University in June 2009.

Interview Details – A general question-answer session to share past experiences and demonstrate abilities.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Western Washington University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Western Washington University interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Western Washington University employees and interview candidates.