Westfield Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2015

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Westfield Insurance.

Interview

Did a phone interview where I made it clear that although I was licensed, all my experience was in the personal auto insurance field. I was called anyway by the Supervisor the next week who wanted to set up an interview. I went to the interview and the Supervisor and the Manager were present for the interview. Both ladies were very pleasant. However, my lack of knowledge in the homeowners portion was questioned. As I did not have an example to give from the personal lines as select, I was advised to give an example of difficult situation from my prior job. I did so and it was obvious that they did not believe my response and considered be to be a liar. Admittedly as I figured the lack of knowledge/experience was going to be an issue within the first few minutes I didn't much care what came out of my mouth out of that. If you do not have homeowners sales and quoting experience don't bother wasting your time going to the interview. I did so and it was obvious that they

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Westfield Insurance.

Interview

Phone interview, then on-campus 4 hour interview two months later, then another on-campus 4 hour interview two months after that. Didn't find out until two months after this. Absolutely ridiculous for an interview process to take 6 months. It didn't help that I was unable to contact anyone during this two months of waiting to get any indication. Worst interview process I have ever seen/heard of.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Westfield Insurance.

Interview

Multi-person interview with a combination of questions from PMP subject areas. When interviewing for this position, the candidate should be familiar with the PMP exam and pay close attention to artifacts created at each phase of the project. Additionally, be prepared to discuss controlling scope, budget, and getting porjects back on track.

Interview Questions

• Very professional interview process, Questions were all read from prepared list and each person was asking about different specific areas that would be covered in the PMP exam. The focus appeared to be heavily weighted on artifacts created at different phases of the project.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Westfield Insurance.

Interview

The first step was a typical phone interview. Afterwards, you were invited for an on site interview. Accommodations were provided at their on site hotel. On site interview consisted of a tour, lunch and panel interview. Interview was panel style that consisted of 2-4 employees at a time. The on site interview process was quite lengthy and took the better part of a work day.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for a group interview containing several situational questions. I would recommend having a good background story in place as most questions were designed to see how you would fit in with the company. Questions were not as job specific oriented as I had expected, mostly personality based questions.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westfield Insurance.

Interview

Detailed phone interview followed by a long 1/2 day Interview on campus. I met with multiple groups for panel type interviews. It included a tour of the building/department and lunch with two employees.

Interview Questions

• Many scenarios where I had to give examples from my work history that met the scenario they presented.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was fair - I did not negotiate.

Field Property Representative Interview

Interview

I had a brief interview over the phone and then a face to face interview with two people. After a back ground check I was extended an offer and I accepted. I worked for them for two years and the job was good. The people were very nice and the pay and perks seemed competitive with the industry. After two years I decided that insurance claims was not a good fit for a long term career for me.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Westfield Insurance.

Interview

Most contact was via email. The interview process started with an initial phone screen from HR. Then a first interview was scheduled with basic/typical questions. The second interview was scheduled by the end of the week for the following week. These were done as a committee, the first interview with one person asking the questions, the second had a round of questions one right after the other each from a different person. Just be prepared for multiple interviewers in one room at the same time, stay calm, and answer honestly.

Interview Questions

• "What is the biggest misconception people have about you?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a very fair offer. I have heard people suggest to get what you can up front like vacation time the first year, higher pay (mine was very fair) since the raises seem to average about 2%-3% each year.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Westfield Insurance.

Interview

The hiring process is different in many of the departments. But the one I interviewed for was typical for the area I interviewed for. There was a phone screen with HR, and then another with the hiring manager. Then the onsite interview was five hours long, two people per hour with a session for lunch.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you instead of others we are interviewing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Respectfull, sure that would vary a bit depending on the hiring manager.

Claims Representative/Billing Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westfield Center, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Westfield Insurance (Westfield Center, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

Formal Interview. Easy questions and answers! Example, tell me about a situation where you had conflict with a boss. What was the situation, and what steps if any did you take to resolve the matter.

Negotiation

There wasn't any. I was desperate for work while I continued to search. When you're desperate, you'll take anything.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Interview

First and second round interviews; cohort based training program