Westfield Insurance

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Claims Specialist Interview

Claims Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Westfield Insurance in April 2010.

Interview Details – Had telephone interview/screening with an HR representative followed by an in-person interview with the hiring manager and another manager. Interview was 1 1/2 hrs long and asked for examples of work situations, how I dealt with them, what I learned. I did take examples of my work product to show my writing style and skills in that arena as well as past performance reviews from my prior company.

Negotiation Details – HR representative called within 2 weeks and relayed an offer. Given my situation, I was happy with the offer and did not negotiate.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Westfield Insurance.

Interview Details – Most contact was via email. The interview process started with an initial phone screen from HR. Then a first interview was scheduled with basic/typical questions. The second interview was scheduled by the end of the week for the following week. These were done as a committee, the first interview with one person asking the questions, the second had a round of questions one right after the other each from a different person. Just be prepared for multiple interviewers in one room at the same time, stay calm, and answer honestly.

Interview Question – "What is the biggest misconception people have about you?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a very fair offer. I have heard people suggest to get what you can up front like vacation time the first year, higher pay (mine was very fair) since the raises seem to average about 2%-3% each year.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Actuarial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Westfield Insurance.

Interview Details – The hiring process is different in many of the departments. But the one I interviewed for was typical for the area I interviewed for. There was a phone screen with HR, and then another with the hiring manager. Then the onsite interview was five hours long, two people per hour with a session for lunch.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you instead of others we are interviewing?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Respectfull, sure that would vary a bit depending on the hiring manager.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Leadership Development Program

Interviewed at Westfield Insurance

Interview Details – First and second round interviews; cohort based training program

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Westfield Insurance.

Interview Details – Phone interview first, on-site interview about a week later. Onsite lasted about an hour, not intimidating.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you failed.   Answer Question

Full Time Position Interview

Full Time Position

Interview Details – Interviewers were professional and courteous. HR not so much. Interview questions were standard STAR format.

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult but thought provoking.   Answer Question

State Manager Interview

State Manager
Knoxville, TN

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Westfield Insurance.

Interview Details – I was recruited to interview for this position. The hiring manager was very friendly and made me feel at ease. They flew me to Westfield for the interview. I initially met with the person I was going to report to. Then I met with executive management for lunch. They put me to ease and the questions were "under the radar" and instead of direct.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was with Human resources- I negotiated 3 weeks vacation since I had that at old employer. They were fair

GDP Trainee Interview

GDP Trainee
Westfield Center, OH

Interview Details – On-line app, phone screen, panel interview & final interview.

Interview Question – Pretty standard STAR question format.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Graduate Development Program Interview

Graduate Development Program
Westfield Center, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Westfield Insurance.

Interview Details – The online application is fairly long and requires some thought. The next phase was an initial phone interview, which was relatively standard. The on-site interview was a total of 3 hours with 2 of those hours being small group interviewing (2 different groups for an hour each) and then an hour for a lunch interview. Many of the questions involve competencies, etc. They are somewhat slow in responding regarding whether or not you have been chosen as the best candidate (sometimes over 2 months).

Interview Question – The hardest question was "What does and underwriter do?".   Answer Question

Graduate Development Program Interview

Graduate Development Program
Westfield, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Westfield Insurance in January 2013.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview - the in person second round interview consists of a two hour interview and then an hour lunch with current employees. Lots and lots of "tell me about a time…" and situational questions that are often posed in a very awkward manor. HR reps are friendly and the people there make sure you are comfortable at all times.

Interview Question – Not one specific question, but there were many difficult situational questions. They start out by saying a word such as "responsible" or "driven" and then ask a question that goes along the lines of proving you are or are not this word.   Answer Question

Worked for Westfield Insurance? Contribute to the Community!