Westfield Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2015

2.7

Senior Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Westfield (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by an agency that I would be the perfect fit for this company, I had a 5 minute phone interview with HR in less than a week, and then the next week a 1.5 hour phone interview with the VP of Creative Services, after that I didn't hear anything for over a week or 2 and then was told by the agency they didn't believe I had enough leadership experience, after supporting the leadership experience, they get in touch a month later asking if the door was still open and if I would still be interested in their company. I then had an interview with a current SVD, and apparently the Creative Director. After 2 more weeks and no feedback I was told they moved on with other candidates but thanked me for my great portfolio and impressive interviewing skills. I requested more feedback and it came down to them thinking I wasn't going to work well with their team. Unfortunately during the interview process the whole team except for HR seemed unorganized and would forget to call me, claim they didn't have time, and the last person to interview with came off with a really sour attitude. He even forgot the agency that placed him in his current position and was very arrogant about the situation. What I really suspect is that they were not comfortable with the nearly $200,000 salary package they approved if I was to be hired and/or chose someone they knew since the majority of this team is made up of people that are friends and inexperienced. If this wasn't the case I suspect they were intimidated by the fact that I was under 30 and already worked with Kings, Queens, Famous People, Executives and CEO's of major world companies, and led large teams. If this was the case I can see where it wasn't a good team fit as they would think I would know everything or be better than the other people on higher levels then me which unfortunately is not the case as I am very humble.

Concierge Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westfield.

Interview

Fairly straightforward - I received a call from the Marketing team, who hosted a phone interview on the spot. They described the job and asked a few questions about my experience. Then they asked me to come into the office for the next round of interviews - again, more questions about experience and asked situational questions. I then made it to the interview with the General Manager, which at this point seemed more like a formality than anything.

Interview Questions

• Due to the nature of this role, none of the questions were unexpected. They were all about customer service.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Westfield (Paramus, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

Pretty straightforward--Online application followed by an interview with two senior people. I think it was quicker and helped along by the fact they were looking to fill the role ASAP.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in mall retail? What is your sales/retail background?   1 Answer

Interview

The interview process was not too bad. Once you get the job it starts to go down hill.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Westfield (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Most recruiting by the company's HR department apepared to have been done via keywords online. I came in through an acquaintance and was hired on my first interview. Despite having submitted my resume online, the hiring managers had never received it or advised that I was a candidate (I met all hiring requirements). My HR interview was creepy and the person who interviewed me had clearly no idea about the mall business. It sounded like she had googled interview questions. Interviews with various other managers were enjoyable and I felt like the people really liked the brand, loved shopping malls, and were grateful for the experience they were getting. They were honest about some of the company's challenges (no work/life balance, irrational/bad behavior by senior managers that sounded like emotional abuse, limited promotion without an Australian passport).

Interview Questions

• They seemed to be preoccupied with how well people get along, and worried about how softly I could introduce new ideas, and asked me whether I am abrasive in meetings (really?). The HR interview can only be described as irrelevant ("can you provide an example of how you recently solved a problem at work?").   1 Answer

Negotiation

They made a good offer and I accepted it.

AR Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westfield in June 2013.

Interview

Sat one one one with the Director of the Department while a series of questions were asked for 30 mins. After that the Manager below him came in and asked questions fr about 30 minutes pertaining to the job and simple accounting and customer service questions.

Interview Questions

• Situational type questions. If this happened, how would you respond?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westfield in March 2013.

Interview

I forwarded my resume to who I thought would be the local hiring manager who then forwarded it to the corporate office in LA. The next day I received a call to schedule three phone interviews with all the managers up to the SVP. The first manager seemed pretty inexperienced as by the lack of depth to the questions. Subsequent managers where definitely more in tune with the process and understood how to ask questions that det to the root of personality. Overall I felt the interview went well but felt that the follow up process was completely lacking. Only until I followed up did I learn that someone eles had received and accepted an offer.

Interview Questions

• Being prepared for the interview prepared me for most of the questions I encountered and found none that were really unexpected. However, I would suggest to be prepared with your own set of questions about the position and expectations as I felt this in one of the areas I could have done better   Answer Question

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Westfield (San Diego, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

3 interview process. First did a phone interview, then 2 in person interviews. Interviews were about 30 minutes long each. Interviews were scheduled on different days. First met with supervisor, then marketing manager later on that week. Dove deep on how I would react to certain situations. After 2nd interview, I followed up via email on the reasons why I should be hired.

Interview Questions

• How familiar was I with San Diego? What did I do in previous work history. Why was I interested in this position. How do I handle difficult situations.   1 Answer

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westfield (San Francisco, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Interviewed by branch manager and group director. Typical questions: most/least enjoyable role; most challenging workplace situation & how handled; where do you see yourself in X years, etc. The interview was one of those where everyone present shares similar personality style, career development trajectory and personal investment in promoting excellence - in short, fantastic.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging customer service experience and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

CAD Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Westfield (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Overall process was straight forward. First filled out an online form application. Then a manager called me and did a quick phone interview. Then I had two in-person interviews one with senior managers then another with a manager and director. For this position a basic cad test was also required in the first interview.

Interview Questions

• How does your current background and experience make you suited for this position?   Answer Question