Westfield

Updated Aug 10, 2014
Updated Aug 10, 2014

2.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

The interview process was not too bad. Once you get the job it starts to go down hill.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Westfield.

Most recruiting by the company's HR department apepared to have been done via keywords online. I came in through an acquaintance and was hired on my first interview. Despite having submitted my resume online, the hiring managers had never received it or advised that I was a candidate (I met all hiring requirements). My HR interview was creepy and the person who interviewed me had clearly no idea about the mall business. It sounded like she had googled interview questions. Interviews with various other managers were enjoyable and I felt like the people really liked the brand, loved shopping malls, and were grateful for the experience they were getting. They were honest about some of the company's challenges (no work/life balance, irrational/bad behavior by senior managers that sounded like emotional abuse, limited promotion without an Australian passport).

Interview Questions
    • They seemed to be preoccupied with how well people get along, and worried about how softly I could introduce new ideas, and asked me whether I am abrasive in meetings (really?). The HR interview can only be described as irrelevant ("can you provide an example of how you recently solved a problem at work?").   View Answer
    They made a good offer and I accepted it.

Analyst, Development Finance Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Westfield in March 2013.

I forwarded my resume to who I thought would be the local hiring manager who then forwarded it to the corporate office in LA. The next day I received a call to schedule three phone interviews with all the managers up to the SVP. The first manager seemed pretty inexperienced as by the lack of depth to the questions. Subsequent managers where definitely more in tune with the process and understood how to ask questions that det to the root of personality.

Overall I felt the interview went well but felt that the follow up process was completely lacking. Only until I followed up did I learn that someone eles had received and accepted an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Being prepared for the interview prepared me for most of the questions I encountered and found none that were really unexpected. However, I would suggest to be prepared with your own set of questions about the position and expectations as I felt this in one of the areas I could have done better   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Westfield in June 2011.

Interviewed by branch manager and group director. Typical questions: most/least enjoyable role; most challenging workplace situation & how handled; where do you see yourself in X years, etc. The interview was one of those where everyone present shares similar personality style, career development trajectory and personal investment in promoting excellence - in short, fantastic.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most challenging customer service experience and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

AR Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Westfield in May 2010.

they know how to get you in and they sell you everything under the sun

very easy. they needed me badly so they gave me what I was asking for.

Property Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Westfield in March 2010.

I was interviewed by HR group via phone. Then visited with various department heads at convention. THey wanted to understand background and what my strengths were.

Interview Questions
    • What is your strongest personality trait?   View Answer
    • Describe a business deal you are most proud of.   View Answer

Not the right time to make a change

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Westfield in April 2009.

The process is very long. The first interview is with the marketing director. If you get a call back you will meet with the marekt director and general manager. If you are offered the job it takes them a good 4 wks., to process the paperwork. The training is limited if at all, you get an overview and are told if you have any qustions to ask. I don't recommend asking to much they really want you to figure stuff out for yourself. Don't worry if you get it wrong, the will let you know.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle and deal with "difficult" people? They were very concerned and focused on how a person will handle difficult people. They asked me this questions several different ways and have me examples. They also asked for an two examples of past experience I had and how I handled the situation. They also wanted to review in great detail prior work experience. Both interviews were quite long, both mangers were very nice and seemed pleasant.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They were clear that it was an HR decision and it was take it or leave it. Much later I learned almost everything is blamed on HR. I'm not sure HR is really responsible for all that they claim or blame on HR.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Westfield in March 2014.

A call by the internal recruitment team sounds a it scripted but covers the basics, they also ask why you want to work here. First interview again with the recruitment team, a basic interview that looks at cv and behaviours. Then an interview with the manager that gets into more technical stuff. They do reference checking and a background check too. Letter of offer came pretty quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to talk through your thinking and experience when you get to the technical part.   Answer Question
    There was a bit of room for negotiation but not much

Concierge Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Westfield in September 2013.

Interview was basic, basic general questions, I would say give yourself enough time to get to know the center and what westfield prides itself on, customer service is KEY so always put the customer first!!

Interview Questions
    • Why should we give you the job role what makes you a good candidate?   View Answer

Concierge Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Westfield.

Initial online application to confirm you meet the requirements. Telephone interview where I was asked what I knew about Westfield followed by competency questions.
    Once successful I was then invited into an assessment day where we had group role plays/ scenarios. This was followed by a two on one interview with one of the duty managers and the operationsbmanager.