Westin Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.3

Guest Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Westin (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied on Wednesday and got called the same day by HR to do a phone interview. I had a phone interview, then immediately got asked to schedule an in person interview which I did on Thursday. The in person interview was at The Westin in downtown Seattle with the HR lady and the Front Office Manager. I got called the day after on Friday with an offer which I accepted. The whole process took two whole days which was awesome.

Interview Questions

• Using the Star method name a time you had a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • Using the Star method name a time you showed empathy and went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Using the Star method name a time you had to interact with a difficult coworker.   Answer Question
    • Using the Star method name a time you worked with coworkers toward a common goal.   Answer Question

Cafeteria Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Westin.

Interview

Being a sanitation and started cleaning everything in the cafeteria like doing dishes, tables, sweeping the floor and the seats. I also like to interact with people that i don't know.

Interview Questions

• Am i serious about my job.   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Westin.

Interview

Very casual, they still want to see experienced people, but care more about personality since it you will be interacting with guests. Also asked about problem-solving performance. If you met the operations manager or general manager, it usually is a good sign they like you and want to hire you. It is ultimately up to the operations manager or general manager to determine whether they hire you, so be extra nice to them!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation in wage

Front Office Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Westin.

Interview

Applied online and was called for an interview about a month later. Was interviewed and got a call from HR the same day. Checked job references and was contacted within a couple of days with a job offer. Accepted offer and went to get drug test done and sign paper for background check. Waiting to hear back after background check and results are in to start training.

Interview Questions

• not really any difficult questions. Just for example how do you handle a situation when you are dealing with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Westin.

Interview

Received a call from an HR assistant asking to schedule an interview asap. I was unable to meet until the following week and she seemed irritated. I received a follow up email from her confirming the interview time, full of typos and with no information on parking or other pertinent details. I had to follow up at least twice to obtain necessary information. The interview took place in the hotel lobby, rather informal and unprofessional. I met with the HR director of the hotel, an enthusiastic woman who decided to interview me in the very busy hotel lobby. Again, rather unprofessional. She didn't seem qualified for the position that she held, and it turns out she was recently promoted to it after the original HR person left unexpectedly. Considering the hotel had only been open 4 months this seemed odd. She said I would hear back in a week either way but seemed very interested. 3 months later, after I'd pretty much forgotten all about it, I received an form email rejection.

Bellman Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Westin.

Interview

Recieved a call from the HR manager. Was asked some basic questions, why I thought I was right for the position, what was my best work experience etc. Had a face to face with a front office suppervisior where more questions about guest service was asked. Hired and started a few days later.

Front Door Interview

Interview

Answered an online recruiting ad. I was asked to meet at the hotel, and I was taken to a room to meet with the manager. He looked me over and seemed to like what he saw. He asked me general questions. Nothing out of left field. (sorry)

Guest Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Westin in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was very quick, apprx 20 min. First i talked to the HR, easy questions like "tell me about your previous work experience", "how would your ex-boss characterize you". Then the lady called the Front Office Manager, who asked me "what was the most stressful situation i had at work", "how do you feel working under pressure".

waiting for their decision next week

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Westin in July 2014.

Interview

Take about 2 weeks to know if you will get hired. Complete the application online or walk in. They will give you a call to come for the interview. After the interview will take about 1 week to determination then they will give you a call to do the drug test once you pass you will come in a sign a contract

Interview Questions

• Pretty easy, asking in general regarding customer service and skill of using program.
      They might give you a situation to solve by explaining what would you if this or that happen.

1 Answer

Receiving Agent Interview

Interview

Was very comfortable and straight forward