Westin Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.3

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westin (Memphis, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied through Hcareers.com, got an e-mail that the employer had opened up my application two days later, but didn't get a phone call to come in for an interview until a week and a half later. My interview was at 2:00pm, but I wasn't called back to start my interview until 2:40pm. I was interviewed by both the Front Desk Lead and Assistant Manager. Very laid back chill interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • How have you dealt with an irate customer?   Answer Question
    • How have you dealt with an irate customer?   Answer Question
    • We get a lot of famous people to stay here. Sometimes we know and sometimes we don't. How would you handle it, if a famous person walked through the door.   Answer Question

Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Westin (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I actually applied on line and the next day got called in for an interview. The interview process was pretty easy. After that they showed me how they cleaned theie rooms. And before i left i got offered the job. Just waiting on background, reference, and drug test results.

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Westin (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Took a couple of weeks to call me for the opening but was very glad when they did. HR Department scheduled me for a face to face interview. They wanted to know about the type of work I performed with my previous employer as well

Interview Questions

• Do you know about the position and what are you looking in terms to salary. They also asked about my background and experience   Answer Question
    • We will call you for a 2nd interview with the department manager in the next couple of days   Answer Question

Security Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westin (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

oversee security operations and protect guest, property, assets, and employees and wanted to know leadership style. you met with HR first and then the department manager and others assigned to interview you for the position. Some positions requires TAG interview

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Westin (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied on Wednesday and got called the same day by HR to do a phone interview. I had a phone interview, then immediately got asked to schedule an in person interview which I did on Thursday. The in person interview was at The Westin in downtown Seattle with the HR lady and the Front Office Manager. I got called the day after on Friday with an offer which I accepted. The whole process took two whole days which was awesome.

Interview Questions

• Using the Star method name a time you had a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • Using the Star method name a time you showed empathy and went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Using the Star method name a time you had to interact with a difficult coworker.   Answer Question
    • Using the Star method name a time you worked with coworkers toward a common goal.   Answer Question

Cafeteria Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Westin.

Interview

Being a sanitation and started cleaning everything in the cafeteria like doing dishes, tables, sweeping the floor and the seats. I also like to interact with people that i don't know.

Interview Questions

• Am i serious about my job.   1 Answer

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburg, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Westin (Pittsburg, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Asked questions from a Company Standard Packet. Interview was almost forty minutes and the two Managers I interviewed with were extremely nice. We got a little off topic and were able to discuss other things in the Hospitality Industry, which was nice, the Managers were really outgoing. Did not discuss any type of pay rate during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that ended with you giving a guest a form of compensation.   Answer Question

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Key West, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Westin (Key West, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I filled out a application on-line and was called into the H.R. department for a interview. The H.R. department had me fill out some paperwork at the interview location and then a staff member showed up and took me to the interview. I was introduced to the chief engineer and was asked a few technical questions along with some standard general questions. I was told they would contact me and let me know their decision as they had many candidates to interview besides me.

Interview Questions

• They asked about technical electrical wiring, drywall, plumbing and structural questions.   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westin.

Interview

Very casual, they still want to see experienced people, but care more about personality since it you will be interacting with guests. Also asked about problem-solving performance. If you met the operations manager or general manager, it usually is a good sign they like you and want to hire you. It is ultimately up to the operations manager or general manager to determine whether they hire you, so be extra nice to them!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation in wage

Front Office Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Westin.

Interview

Applied online and was called for an interview about a month later. Was interviewed and got a call from HR the same day. Checked job references and was contacted within a couple of days with a job offer. Accepted offer and went to get drug test done and sign paper for background check. Waiting to hear back after background check and results are in to start training.

Interview Questions

• not really any difficult questions. Just for example how do you handle a situation when you are dealing with a difficult customer   Answer Question