Westin

Relevance Date Difficulty

Front-Office Supervisor Interview

Front-Office Supervisor
Saint Louis, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Westin in June 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the Human Resource Manager then the Front-Office Manager. I was asked questions relating to my experience.

Interview Question – There was a series of questions with made up situations, they wanted my input on how I would handle each situation.   Answer Question

Lead Cook Interview

Lead Cook
Huntsville, AL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Westin in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was hired because I already had a professional relationship with the kitchen management. I had been an executive at a neighboring bigness and was looking for a way out. I was invite to come work with them.

Interview Question – In my case it was "Can you work a specific shift?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they offered me a certain amount. I asked for a dollar more per hour. There was a short pause. They said okay... I started 3 days later.
I would expect other peoples experience to be different only because of my previous experience with the kitchen management team

Receiving Agent Interview

Receiving Agent

Interviewed at Westin

Interview Details – Was very comfortable and straight forward

Interview Question – How long do you plan to be with us?   Answer Question

Financial Management Trainee Interview

Financial Management Trainee
Washington, DC

I applied online and interviewed at Westin.

Interview Details – I applied through the company's website and received a call that they were interested in interviewing within a few days. The initial interview was very informal with the director of finance and assistant director of finance. I was asked to return for the behavioral interview with an HR manager and the another individual from the finance department. They asked the typical, "name a time when..., describe a situation where..." behavioral interview questions. Most of the questions dealt with describing a times in a leadership role. I was told I would hear back within a week or two. About a month later I was informed they decided to hire someone internally for the position.

Interview Question – Describe a time you really had to motivate your team. What exactly did you say?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Westin in December 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process took ~2 weeks. I came in to apply as an auditor and ended up being vetted for a front desk position. The questions were pretty general and focused on client service. They want to make certain that you are above all professional.

Interview Question – There were a few scenario questions that had no obvious correct answer. They are designed to see how you process and prioritize information.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Westin.

Interview Details – Telephone interview (1) and then in-person interview (1)

Interview Question – all the questions were hospitality related.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – job offer was given after the first interview, accepted it on the spot.

Front Desk Agent

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Westin.

Interview Details – I got the information from college career center and received interview notice within two weeks. It's an onsite interview, with two recruiters recording

Interview Question – have you ever worked with your coworkers and overcame difficulties?   Answer Question

Kansas City, MO

I applied online - interviewed at Westin in August 2012.

Interview Details – They ask a few question, mostly concerned if you come in a suit and talk professional.

Interview Question – What made you want to get into the hotel buisness?   Answer Question

Interview Interview

Interview

Interviewed at Westin

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty easy. The company really likes to promote from within so it may be a challenge getting hired if you don't know someone on the inside.

Interview Question – The interview wasn't difficult at all.   Answer Question

Online Marketing Coordinator Interview

Online Marketing Coordinator
Washington, DC

I interviewed at Westin in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by email for the interview. I then went to the location in DC and sat in a room full of people. It took about 2 hours for them to call me in to the interview room. Interview was very typical and took about 10 minutes.

Interview Question – Do you have experience in the the field of finance.   Answer Question

Worked for Westin? Contribute to the Community!