Westinghouse

2.0

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry Township, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Westinghouse in January 2014.

I saw them at my school's career fair and they were not taking resumes but they gave you a card and you went to their site to apply online. No on-campus interviews. Near the end of the semester only a few days in advance, they invited me to an 'Intern Cafe' event where you could go and hand your resume around to as many people as possible.

I handed my resume to several people with no luck and was on my way to leave when one of the managers asked me for a resume. He took me and a few other guys into the lobby, looked over each of our resumes and talked to us about them. Very informative guy.

A couple weeks later, after I had given up hope, I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no 'questions.' It was more of just going over the resume.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation as it was an internship.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry Township, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Westinghouse in January 2012.

After submitting my resume in November, I was invited to the Intern Cafe in January. At the cafe, they open a room with hiring managers and you have to fight your way through to talking to them. Some of them take the first valid candidate they meet; others are more reserved and stay to the end. I was hired at the end of the event, and was then given details on what I'd be working on.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were general and based on my resume. There weren't any trick questions, and the managers seemed to take genuine interest in what I'd been studying. Most of them were respectful, but some could be aloof.   Answer Question