Westinghouse

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Westinghouse in April 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview then in person with an hr rep and hiring manager.

Interview Question – Basic behavioral interview   Answer Question

Cranberry, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Westinghouse.

Interview Details – The process was extremely long. The time it took to get a phone screen scheduled, then an in-person interview was months. The interview process itself is pretty easy. They ask all situational questions so you just have to be prepared with examples.The manager seemed nice but the questions were not technical in nature at all.

Interview Question – They back you into a corner with one question about someone you've worked with that you didn't agree with their values. It was a bit awkward and hard to think of an example.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – By the time i got the go ahead for a start date, nearly a month and a half had passed. I accepted an offer with another company almost a month before Westinghouse got back to me.

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Westinghouse in March 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process moved very quickly. After submitting an application, I was brought in for a single hour-long interview with two managers (one functional manager and one project manager). The interview was informal.

Interview Question – "Where do you think the nuclear industry will be in 5 years?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Engineering Interview

Engineering
West Pittsburg, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Westinghouse in October 2009.

Interview Details – Phone Interview, In Person Interview, Offer

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Another job offer

Pittsburgh, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Westinghouse in December 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process is fairly simple if you make it on-site. They typically bring in 100-200 graduating seniors to a conference center in downtown Pittsburgh. From what I was told, a large portion of the individuals who interview on-site get hired.

Interview Question – Standard behavioral type interview question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were very flexible with the timing with which I accepted my offer.

Cranberry, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Westinghouse in December 2009.

Interview Details – I was asked a series of behavioral questions then asked a slew of technical questions. I've found that my interview experience is not average though.

Interview Questions

• I was asked the difference between raster and vector graphics.   View Answer
  • I was asked to explain to a lay person why the mouse on a computer can move quickly when the internet is going slow.   View Answer

Worked for Westinghouse? Contribute to the Community!