Westinghouse

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Westinghouse.

Interview Details – It was smooth and straight forward without any unexpected happenings.

Interview Question – None, all were straight forward.   Answer Question

Cranberry Township, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Westinghouse in January 2012.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume in November, I was invited to the Intern Cafe in January. At the cafe, they open a room with hiring managers and you have to fight your way through to talking to them. Some of them take the first valid candidate they meet; others are more reserved and stay to the end. I was hired at the end of the event, and was then given details on what I'd be working on.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were general and based on my resume. There weren't any trick questions, and the managers seemed to take genuine interest in what I'd been studying. Most of them were respectful, but some could be aloof.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Westinghouse.

Interview Details – I received a phone call from HR stating they had a position available. They wanted to phone interview me, and I accepted this interview.

The interview process consisted on just a single phone interview. The interview was different from all other phone interviews I have had. There was a hiring manager along with an engineer in the area I would work in. They basically told me to tell them all the important things on my resume. Afterwards, I received 2 resume questions that could have easily just been answered if they had read my resume for 2 minutes. They explained the job in good detail, and I then was asked to offer up any questions I had. The interview lacked structure which left me wondering if I had mentioned things in my resume that they feel are important. It is imperative for a person being interviewed to be able to keep a interview moving, but interviews are not a one way street especially when conducted over the phone. College students are led to believe that Westinghouse is a leader of the industry, but this interview has given me a questioning attitude about the company and its treatment of its employees/interns. If you are looking for an easy interview, then these guys get it done while sacrificing all other important aspects of the process.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult, but there were very few questions to begin with. The only question that could catch some people unfamiliar with the industry off guard was "How do you feel about the constant presence of procedures in the workplace?"   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Pay is not competitive in comparison to internships at nuclear power plants. Expect to take between a $8.00-$10.00/hr pay cut if you choose a company similar to this one over working as an engineer at a nuclear power plant. The interview did not leave me swept off my feet about the job, nor did it even get me interested.

Intern

The process took a day - interviewed at Westinghouse in February 2011.

Interview Details – - Submitted resume online
- Scheduled phone interview
- Asked about education (what major, what classes I had completed)
- Asked about projects completed/programming experience (spcific projects that were listed on my resume, languages that I knew)
- Asked about how i would solve problem about what they were currently working on
- Asked how i would describe myself

Interview Question – Use some words to describe yourself.   Answer Question

Worked for Westinghouse? Contribute to the Community!