Westinghouse

Updated Dec 26, 2014
Updated Dec 26, 2014

2.8

Coordinator Interview

Never had initial phone screening. In-person interview consisted of four behavior questions, followed by description of the role and then opportunity to ask my own questions. Panel of four people.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where your ethics felt compromised. What did you do?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Westinghouse.

Takes a LONG time for the interview process....took me 3 months from start to finish. Lots are somewhat difficult questions if you are not prepared. Panel interview with at least 4 people.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are all based on scenarios. Be prepared or fail. Be able to give examples.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. Was happy with the offer.

Anonymous Interview

Communication is formal and includes information on many potential behavioral questions that may arise during the interview process. You can try to prepare but I wouldn't be too detailed about the preparation since the list of questions provided is long and only about six are actually asked. Just think of your best examples of your work and experience that are relevant to the position.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult or unexpected but I find the behavioral questions to be a bad trend in general - they are not specific to this company.   View Answer
    If you are not an engineer, there is a stigma as though your skills are not that valuable. You have to be firm in what you will accept and once you are hired, you must really be persistent to ever advance.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Westinghouse in March 2014.

Submitted an application online after a couple of months and not hearing back I emailed the recruiter and the next day was called to schedule a phone interview. During the phone interview they went through my resume and asked me a few questions along with explaining what they would expect of someone in the position.

No salary negotiation

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Westinghouse.

I'm a student and was interviewed on campus. The interviewer asked a lot about previous experience and wanted a lot of detail about projects I've done. They asked a lot of technical questions.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Westinghouse.

Be prepared to conduct a behavioral based interview. Refresh and know your resume' background well and be able to articulate and defend situations of excellence in you past work performance. Go in relaxed and have fun with the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Being caught off guard with a question you were not prepared for. If that happens go after the question with a response the best way you can and don't panic. Be honest if you don't know the answer. Know your Nuclear background well and articulate it with precision.   Answer Question
    Reasonable

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry Township, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry Township, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Westinghouse in January 2014.

I saw them at my school's career fair and they were not taking resumes but they gave you a card and you went to their site to apply online. No on-campus interviews. Near the end of the semester only a few days in advance, they invited me to an 'Intern Cafe' event where you could go and hand your resume around to as many people as possible.

I handed my resume to several people with no luck and was on my way to leave when one of the managers asked me for a resume. He took me and a few other guys into the lobby, looked over each of our resumes and talked to us about them. Very informative guy.

A couple weeks later, after I had given up hope, I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no 'questions.' It was more of just going over the resume.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation as it was an internship.

Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Westinghouse.

Interview process was standard....phone screen, in-person interview, offer.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you about a time you failed and they continue to pursue the answer that is provided.   Answer Question
    Limited negotiation

Technical Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Westinghouse in November 2013.

Phone interview only. Did not specify it was a part time position.

Interview Questions
    Told them I wanted$50/hr. They offered $45 w-2.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry Twp, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry Twp, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Westinghouse in November 2013.

Application on Brass Ring, Interview based on STARS Principles. Very simple and straightforward

Not much negotiation, I interviewed as a college graduate so I was happy with my salary and benefit compensation