Westinghouse Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Integrated Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cranberry, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Cranberry, PA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Westinghouse in March 2012.

Phone interview then on site panel interview with manager, second level and HR.

Interview Questions
    • They had examples of their behavioral interview questions but they didn't use them again.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Westinghouse.

It was smooth and straight forward without any unexpected happenings.

Software Engineer Interview

Applied online, and a phone screen was scheduled. It was a conference call with a few different team members, both development and management. Questions were very high-level; no programming knowledge required. It was more behavioral. After the phone screen, was invited on-site. Again, a panel of interviewers at once, high-level questions, some technical, but no coding.

Supervisor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Westinghouse.

Phone screen, then face to face panel interview with plant tour. The verbal offer was given followed by a written offer. Typical HR interview questions most of them situatioinal

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult person, how did you deal with that person and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cranberry, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Westinghouse in April 2009.

HR handle all outside hires, but a re bad at communicating with them. Don't be afraid to be pushy and make continuous follow-ups. Once in an interview, get the manager taking bout their expectations early. Title of position has nothing to do with what you actually do.

Interview Questions
    • During the interview you will be asked what you would do if you had to deal with conflict. And you;ll be asked what you expect to do with you down time.   View Answer
    Offer made over the phone. negotiation was over the phone.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Westinghouse in September 2009.

Basic behavioral based interview

Interview Questions
    • How you contributed to the success of your organization   Answer Question
    Basic

Drafter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Monroeville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Westinghouse.

There are job listings on the Westinghouse website. To apply for a position you must fill out a length application thru Brassring. (It will prompt you thru all the steps) There are many questions, many in which you my have answered in your resume. There is absolutely no way to get a permanent position with out doing this. People complain about how long it is, but if you can't do 3 hours of work to show that you are a good fit, than maybe you are not a good fit.

I had a panel interview, with my manager, their manager and an HR rep. The questions where more geared towards your work ethics and how you handle yourself in not so perfect situations. They actually send you a list of questions that they will ask so you can be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember them. I think it is because I was prepared with the questions they were asking.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiation because I was happy just to be offered a job with a great company coming out of school. Sorry no help

New Grad Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Westinghouse in November 2012.

This is a very general interview. They ask a lot about information on your resume, projects, internships, etc. They inquire about favorite classes, what type of work you like to do, where you see yourself fitting in a team, etc. to get a good sense of what type of employee you would be. They do not grill you at all. The information is passed on to the different departments within the company and they can choose to interview you further for an actual position.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me about an experience I was most proud of and that I think was the most successful.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cranberry, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry, PA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Westinghouse.

You submit your information onto an online site. Come in person for an interview. Westinghouse provided a list of potential questions which they actually asked from. These questions didn't have to do with my technical skill but about work ethic and how I handle working with tight deadlines and in difficult situations. Because I had the questions beforehand, I was able to provide quick and thorough responses using specific examples. After the interview, I received a call about an offer. I negotiated the salary, received an offer letter, and joined the company.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle having more work to finish than can be done by your deadline?   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate salary, but they would not budge on that. They would only increase my sign on bonus. They were actually very shady about this. The HR person told me that there is ceiling to each band/position, so a person can only make so much within that band. This was the excuse as to why my salary couldn't be increased. When I was hired, I found out I was actually below the bottom of the band, so the HR person lied to me.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Westinghouse in March 2009.

The hiring process moved very quickly. After submitting an application, I was brought in for a single hour-long interview with two managers (one functional manager and one project manager). The interview was informal.

Interview Questions
    • "Where do you think the nuclear industry will be in 5 years?"   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate