Westinghouse

2.8

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Westinghouse.

I'm a student and was interviewed on campus. The interviewer asked a lot about previous experience and wanted a lot of detail about projects I've done. They asked a lot of technical questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry Township, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry Township, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Westinghouse in January 2014.

I saw them at my school's career fair and they were not taking resumes but they gave you a card and you went to their site to apply online. No on-campus interviews. Near the end of the semester only a few days in advance, they invited me to an 'Intern Cafe' event where you could go and hand your resume around to as many people as possible.

I handed my resume to several people with no luck and was on my way to leave when one of the managers asked me for a resume. He took me and a few other guys into the lobby, looked over each of our resumes and talked to us about them. Very informative guy.

A couple weeks later, after I had given up hope, I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no 'questions.' It was more of just going over the resume.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation as it was an internship.

Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Westinghouse.

Interview process was standard....phone screen, in-person interview, offer.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you about a time you failed and they continue to pursue the answer that is provided.   Answer Question
    Limited negotiation

Technical Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Westinghouse in November 2013.

Phone interview only. Did not specify it was a part time position.

Interview Questions
    Told them I wanted$50/hr. They offered $45 w-2.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry Twp, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry Twp, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Westinghouse in November 2013.

Application on Brass Ring, Interview based on STARS Principles. Very simple and straightforward

Not much negotiation, I interviewed as a college graduate so I was happy with my salary and benefit compensation

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Westinghouse.

The process was extremely long. The time it took to get a phone screen scheduled, then an in-person interview was months. The interview process itself is pretty easy. They ask all situational questions so you just have to be prepared with examples.The manager seemed nice but the questions were not technical in nature at all.

Interview Questions
    • They back you into a corner with one question about someone you've worked with that you didn't agree with their values. It was a bit awkward and hard to think of an example.   Answer Question

By the time i got the go ahead for a start date, nearly a month and a half had passed. I accepted an offer with another company almost a month before Westinghouse got back to me.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Westinghouse.

It was a pseudo panel interview where I was introduced to several hiring managers. I was very prepared for the interview due to my previous work experience. I also had the advantage of a massive hiring spree during the nuclear renassaince.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly I can't remember. The interview went so well I don't think I had a problem answering any question thrown my way.   Answer Question
    I didn't go back and forth in negotiatings because the initial offer was acceptable.

Drafter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Westinghouse.

There are job listings on the Westinghouse website. To apply for a position you must fill out a length application thru Brassring. (It will prompt you thru all the steps) There are many questions, many in which you my have answered in your resume. There is absolutely no way to get a permanent position with out doing this. People complain about how long it is, but if you can't do 3 hours of work to show that you are a good fit, than maybe you are not a good fit.

I had a panel interview, with my manager, their manager and an HR rep. The questions where more geared towards your work ethics and how you handle yourself in not so perfect situations. They actually send you a list of questions that they will ask so you can be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember them. I think it is because I was prepared with the questions they were asking.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiation because I was happy just to be offered a job with a great company coming out of school. Sorry no help

Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Westinghouse in January 2013.

I applied online in October and was invited to a "internship cafe" in early January. At the cafe, potential candidates are broken down by discipline and are free to speak with managers related to their field. I spoke to at least 7 different managers. (Note: Make sure to bring plenty of resumes as you must provide a copy of your resume to each manager). I was contacted a few days later with an offer from a manager I spoke with.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions about the information provided on your resume and your skill set.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Westinghouse.

You submit your information onto an online site. Come in person for an interview. Westinghouse provided a list of potential questions which they actually asked from. These questions didn't have to do with my technical skill but about work ethic and how I handle working with tight deadlines and in difficult situations. Because I had the questions beforehand, I was able to provide quick and thorough responses using specific examples. After the interview, I received a call about an offer. I negotiated the salary, received an offer letter, and joined the company.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle having more work to finish than can be done by your deadline?   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate salary, but they would not budge on that. They would only increase my sign on bonus. They were actually very shady about this. The HR person told me that there is ceiling to each band/position, so a person can only make so much within that band. This was the excuse as to why my salary couldn't be increased. When I was hired, I found out I was actually below the bottom of the band, so the HR person lied to me.