Westinghouse Interview Questions & Reviews in Pennsylvania

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Westinghouse in February 2012.

Very weak selection process. Recruiter does phone screen and then a panel interviews you. They only ask one question per competency and then they make you wait in another room while they discuss. I received an offer shortly thereafter. Some of the interviewers didn't seem very comfortable with interviewing; one had just graduated from college.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult. They didn't seek many details and didn't seem to be able to determine whether they were getting complete stars, false stars or half stars.   Answer Question

Advanced Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Monroeville, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Monroeville, PA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Westinghouse in November 2012.

I had previous experience with the employer and my record was easily recalled. I also had a contact within the organization.

Interview Questions
    • It was not stressful, but it was thorough. How would you gather information on the market acceptance of a technology not currently in the market.   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cranberry, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Cranberry, PA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Westinghouse.

I'm a student and was interviewed on campus. The interviewer asked a lot about previous experience and wanted a lot of detail about projects I've done. They asked a lot of technical questions.

Technical Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cranberry, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry, PA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Westinghouse in November 2013.

Phone interview only. Did not specify it was a part time position.

Interview Questions
    Told them I wanted$50/hr. They offered $45 w-2.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cranberry Twp, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry Twp, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Westinghouse in November 2013.

Application on Brass Ring, Interview based on STARS Principles. Very simple and straightforward

Not much negotiation, I interviewed as a college graduate so I was happy with my salary and benefit compensation

Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cranberry, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry, PA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Westinghouse in January 2013.

I applied online in October and was invited to a "internship cafe" in early January. At the cafe, potential candidates are broken down by discipline and are free to speak with managers related to their field. I spoke to at least 7 different managers. (Note: Make sure to bring plenty of resumes as you must provide a copy of your resume to each manager). I was contacted a few days later with an offer from a manager I spoke with.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions about the information provided on your resume and your skill set.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Westinghouse in April 2009.

Phone interview then in person with an hr rep and hiring manager.

Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Westinghouse.

Interview process was standard....phone screen, in-person interview, offer.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you about a time you failed and they continue to pursue the answer that is provided.   Answer Question
    Limited negotiation

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cranberry, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Cranberry, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Westinghouse.

The process was extremely long. The time it took to get a phone screen scheduled, then an in-person interview was months. The interview process itself is pretty easy. They ask all situational questions so you just have to be prepared with examples.The manager seemed nice but the questions were not technical in nature at all.

Interview Questions
    • They back you into a corner with one question about someone you've worked with that you didn't agree with their values. It was a bit awkward and hard to think of an example.   Answer Question

By the time i got the go ahead for a start date, nearly a month and a half had passed. I accepted an offer with another company almost a month before Westinghouse got back to me.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Monroeville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Westinghouse.

It was a pseudo panel interview where I was introduced to several hiring managers. I was very prepared for the interview due to my previous work experience. I also had the advantage of a massive hiring spree during the nuclear renassaince.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly I can't remember. The interview went so well I don't think I had a problem answering any question thrown my way.   Answer Question
    I didn't go back and forth in negotiatings because the initial offer was acceptable.

Worked for Westinghouse? Contribute to the Community!