Westinghouse Interview Questions in Pittsburgh, PA

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.7

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Stanton, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Westinghouse (New Stanton, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Completely behavioral questions. They give a panel interview with behavioral questions that may or may not apply to the actual job. Scores are mechanical and your ability to answer quickly is more important that what you have actually succeeded at in the past. Remember they are looking for an answer that includes the following "Situation/Task, Actions Taken, Results".

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a team you have lead and how you lead them.   Answer Question

Senior Nuclear Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Westinghouse (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

"Hiring Event" style, over 40 people, hotel and flight paid for. The night before the interview there was a 3 hour "social meeting" with food and drinks served. This gives you the chance to mingle with the managers who will be interviewing you. (Do not let this go to waste, this is how I was able to pull vital information out of the managers on what type of employee they were looking for). The next day there were three 45 minute interviews planed for most people. Breakfast and lunch was served. Very nice experience

Interview Questions

• Behavioral type questions. Must use S.T.A.R format. They write down your responses. 4 behavioral questions at each interview station. Some tough questions were asked especially about past customer service and safety, not your "typical" behavior questions.   1 Answer

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Westinghouse (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

It is a phone interview. I have spent 30 minutes talking about my own experience. The hiring manager has spent about 20 minutes talking about the job requirements. Then we asked each other some questions. Express our expectations. The process was good. The only catch was that it sounded like a dead end position to me. Therefore, I was not very interested at the end of the interview.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Westinghouse (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

30 minute phone interview. Two people interviewed me. Asked a lot about school.
    There was no face to face interview. Received a phone call from the manager.
    Experience led to a 12 month internship instead of original 3. Progressed to learn actual day to day work not just special internship projects.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry Township, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Westinghouse (Cranberry Township, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

I saw them at my school's career fair and they were not taking resumes but they gave you a card and you went to their site to apply online. No on-campus interviews. Near the end of the semester only a few days in advance, they invited me to an 'Intern Cafe' event where you could go and hand your resume around to as many people as possible.

I handed my resume to several people with no luck and was on my way to leave when one of the managers asked me for a resume. He took me and a few other guys into the lobby, looked over each of our resumes and talked to us about them. Very informative guy.

A couple weeks later, after I had given up hope, I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• There were really no 'questions.' It was more of just going over the resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as it was an internship.

Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Westinghouse (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Interview process was standard....phone screen, in-person interview, offer.

Interview Questions

• They ask you about a time you failed and they continue to pursue the answer that is provided.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Limited negotiation

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry Twp, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Westinghouse (Cranberry Twp, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

Application on Brass Ring, Interview based on STARS Principles. Very simple and straightforward

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, I interviewed as a college graduate so I was happy with my salary and benefit compensation

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Westinghouse (Monroeville, PA).

Interview

It was a pseudo panel interview where I was introduced to several hiring managers. I was very prepared for the interview due to my previous work experience. I also had the advantage of a massive hiring spree during the nuclear renassaince.

Interview Questions

• Honestly I can't remember. The interview went so well I don't think I had a problem answering any question thrown my way.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't go back and forth in negotiatings because the initial offer was acceptable.

Drafter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Westinghouse (Monroeville, PA).

Interview

There are job listings on the Westinghouse website. To apply for a position you must fill out a length application thru Brassring. (It will prompt you thru all the steps) There are many questions, many in which you my have answered in your resume. There is absolutely no way to get a permanent position with out doing this. People complain about how long it is, but if you can't do 3 hours of work to show that you are a good fit, than maybe you are not a good fit.

I had a panel interview, with my manager, their manager and an HR rep. The questions where more geared towards your work ethics and how you handle yourself in not so perfect situations. They actually send you a list of questions that they will ask so you can be prepared.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember them. I think it is because I was prepared with the questions they were asking.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiation because I was happy just to be offered a job with a great company coming out of school. Sorry no help

New Grad Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Westinghouse (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2012.

Interview

This is a very general interview. They ask a lot about information on your resume, projects, internships, etc. They inquire about favorite classes, what type of work you like to do, where you see yourself fitting in a team, etc. to get a good sense of what type of employee you would be. They do not grill you at all. The information is passed on to the different departments within the company and they can choose to interview you further for an actual position.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me about an experience I was most proud of and that I think was the most successful.   Answer Question