Westinghouse

2.8

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Westinghouse in February 2012.

Very weak selection process. Recruiter does phone screen and then a panel interviews you. They only ask one question per competency and then they make you wait in another room while they discuss. I received an offer shortly thereafter. Some of the interviewers didn't seem very comfortable with interviewing; one had just graduated from college.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult. They didn't seek many details and didn't seem to be able to determine whether they were getting complete stars, false stars or half stars.   Answer Question

Advanced Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Westinghouse in November 2012.

I had previous experience with the employer and my record was easily recalled. I also had a contact within the organization.

Interview Questions
    • It was not stressful, but it was thorough. How would you gather information on the market acceptance of a technology not currently in the market.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cranberry Twp, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry Twp, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Westinghouse in November 2013.

Application on Brass Ring, Interview based on STARS Principles. Very simple and straightforward

Not much negotiation, I interviewed as a college graduate so I was happy with my salary and benefit compensation

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Westinghouse in April 2009.

Phone interview then in person with an hr rep and hiring manager.

Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Westinghouse.

Interview process was standard....phone screen, in-person interview, offer.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you about a time you failed and they continue to pursue the answer that is provided.   Answer Question
    Limited negotiation

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Westinghouse.

It was a pseudo panel interview where I was introduced to several hiring managers. I was very prepared for the interview due to my previous work experience. I also had the advantage of a massive hiring spree during the nuclear renassaince.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly I can't remember. The interview went so well I don't think I had a problem answering any question thrown my way.   Answer Question
    I didn't go back and forth in negotiatings because the initial offer was acceptable.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Westinghouse in September 2009.

Basic behavioral based interview

Interview Questions
    • How you contributed to the success of your organization   Answer Question
    Basic

Drafter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Westinghouse.

There are job listings on the Westinghouse website. To apply for a position you must fill out a length application thru Brassring. (It will prompt you thru all the steps) There are many questions, many in which you my have answered in your resume. There is absolutely no way to get a permanent position with out doing this. People complain about how long it is, but if you can't do 3 hours of work to show that you are a good fit, than maybe you are not a good fit.

I had a panel interview, with my manager, their manager and an HR rep. The questions where more geared towards your work ethics and how you handle yourself in not so perfect situations. They actually send you a list of questions that they will ask so you can be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember them. I think it is because I was prepared with the questions they were asking.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiation because I was happy just to be offered a job with a great company coming out of school. Sorry no help

New Grad Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Westinghouse in November 2012.

This is a very general interview. They ask a lot about information on your resume, projects, internships, etc. They inquire about favorite classes, what type of work you like to do, where you see yourself fitting in a team, etc. to get a good sense of what type of employee you would be. They do not grill you at all. The information is passed on to the different departments within the company and they can choose to interview you further for an actual position.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me about an experience I was most proud of and that I think was the most successful.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Westinghouse in March 2009.

The hiring process moved very quickly. After submitting an application, I was brought in for a single hour-long interview with two managers (one functional manager and one project manager). The interview was informal.

Interview Questions
    • "Where do you think the nuclear industry will be in 5 years?"   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate

Worked for Westinghouse? Contribute to the Community!