Westinghouse Senior Engineer Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Westinghouse (Monroeville, PA).

Interview

It was a pseudo panel interview where I was introduced to several hiring managers. I was very prepared for the interview due to my previous work experience. I also had the advantage of a massive hiring spree during the nuclear renassaince.

Interview Questions

• Honestly I can't remember. The interview went so well I don't think I had a problem answering any question thrown my way.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't go back and forth in negotiatings because the initial offer was acceptable.

Other Interview Reviews for Westinghouse

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Westinghouse (Cranberry, PA).

Interview

You submit your information onto an online site. Come in person for an interview. Westinghouse provided a list of potential questions which they actually asked from. These questions didn't have to do with my technical skill but about work ethic and how I handle working with tight deadlines and in difficult situations. Because I had the questions beforehand, I was able to provide quick and thorough responses using specific examples. After the interview, I received a call about an offer. I negotiated the salary, received an offer letter, and joined the company.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle having more work to finish than can be done by your deadline?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate salary, but they would not budge on that. They would only increase my sign on bonus. They were actually very shady about this. The HR person told me that there is ceiling to each band/position, so a person can only make so much within that band. This was the excuse as to why my salary couldn't be increased. When I was hired, I found out I was actually below the bottom of the band, so the HR person lied to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry Twp, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Westinghouse (Cranberry Twp, PA) in March 2009.

Interview

Had an initial interview with a HR rep. Nothing surprising there. I was then flown out for a one on one interview with a manager. I was given a list of possible questions ahead of time and all the questions came from that list. Pretty normal questions. "Tell me about a time that you did this or that...".

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered me X. I said, "I have an offer from another company for X + Y. They called back 5 minutes later and gave me X + Y.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Westinghouse (Cranberry, PA) in January 2009.

Interview

behavioural interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Westinghouse (Charlotte, NC) in December 2008.

Interview

phone interview, one in person interview with hiring manager and another manager, interfaced with HR contact for initial setup/discussion as well as salary negotations. During interview it was mainly a behavioral type interview (generic "describe a situtation when.." discussion), no technical questions.

Interview Questions

• describe the most successful project you have worked on. how was it done, what went wrong, what could have gone better, lessons learned?   Answer Question

Did not offer what was requested as well as did not like specific job function offered.